It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
I hate to say it, but this is probably gonna be the most meaningful hockey we'll see played at the highest level this year until the Memorial Cup. (And even then the Memorial Cup never really develops much of a flow IMO). A lot of teams are stacked. Well, Canada, Russia, and the US are. And because of the lockout, top talent is everywhere.

For Sabres fans, team Russia includes Grigorenko and goalie prospect Makarov.

Team USA sports Galchenyuk and top prospect (and Portland Winterhawk) Seth Jones.

Team Canada could compete with most NHL teams and includes Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jonathan Huberdeau and Mark Scheifele, as well as the top draft prospects other than Jones (McKinnon, Drouin, etc.)

Games are being broadcast on NHL Network.

Hate to say it y'all, but this might be the beer commercial moment for hockey this year. And by that I mean "Guys, it doesn't get any better than this". ;) :pray: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
I just think it's B.S that RNH is on Team Canada. Kid played a year in the NHL already.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
He's under 20, I say it just makes it more interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
BagBoy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Face-Off Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Greensboro, NC via 14052
Our Russian goalie Makarov is looking very good!

_________________
This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.
--Emerson


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Yeah it seems Canada's going to have a lot of competition this year w/ USA and Russia.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
Grigo sounds like he's tearing it up.

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 am 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
"Team Canada could compete with most NHL teams and includes Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jonathan Huberdeau and Mark Scheifele, as well as the top draft prospects other than Jones (McKinnon, Drouin, etc.)"

I doubt that, they would get their asses handed to them by probably every NHL team out there.

I'm glad I'm back in the US, but the games are too late for me to watch.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:23 am 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Russia and USA look decent, too, as well as Sweden.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
lol usa lost

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
lol usa lost

Un-american asshole. :P

Didn't watch the game this morning of course, but only losing 2-1 is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
lol Canada lost.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
wtf happened to Canada?

Side note, hooray Sweden, not sure who to root for, USA or Sweden, but I love them both and I love the fact Canada lost.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
Canada looked uninspired and confused. Can't ignore the fact that the US has been on fire since their game against Slovakia though.


Top
 Profile  
 
ksquier89
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm
Posts: 1687
Location: Harford County, Maryland
Jake fucking McCabe.


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
Can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.

GO TEAM USA!!!!

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
BagBoy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
Face-Off Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Greensboro, NC via 14052
BlueandYellow wrote:
wtf happened to Canada?

John Gibson.

_________________
This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.
--Emerson


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
BagBoy wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
wtf happened to Canada?

John Gibson.


Except not really. Gibson didn't really have to do much in the semis. Canada, for some reason, forgot how to forecheck, backcheck, check, defend, play goalie. You name it, Canada simply just didn't show up in that department.

Gibson was a huge part of why the US was so close in the first game, but ever since that game, USA's offense has been dominant.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 am 
Offline
Certifiably Hotter than ETC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 3689
One, you're kidding yourself if you don't think Gibson was awesome in that game. He had 8 or 9 goal scoring chances on him and stopped most of them.

Two, USA's defense humiliated Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in that game. And if you say anything different, you're again being a homer.

Why the USA won that game, they were the better team throughout the game.

They are playing for gold for a reason, and with the effort they put forth, they would have won that game 9 out of 10 times. That's a fact. They play a system, rather than playing to the strength of a few players. Also, McKinnon also proved that just because you're from the same town as Crosby, doesn't mean you are as skilled as Crosby.

The game was loosely officiated at best, but it was a great display of North American Hockey.

Also Binnington was brilliant in the second half of that game, but it didn't change the outcome. Subban did his best, but he was just outclassed by a better, stronger, and more talented American team.

_________________
"She's like plan C after an 18 pack"

Squanto 7/27/2010


Top
 Profile  
 
Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 pm 
Offline
resident car guy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Rochester, NY
USA!!!

_________________
Check out Fast Super Cars, Car Tuning, and WNY Sports

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
Gibson was a huge reason USA won the tourney, him and our defense was so brutal.

Today's game was a perfect example of how to play skilled teams, by keeping them to the outside on almost every break-in. Our offense didn't explode against Sweden yet they won with the extremely talented and by far best defense corps and goalie combo in the tourney.

You don't just happen to have over a .950sv% because of luck.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron