It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 am 
Captain Dynasty

they are expecting a lengthy suspension.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

slesh wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
I heard it was really fucking bad. Ugh.

Here ya go Phil, its not pretty, this guy needs to learn control or he is worthless to Buffalo.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip255487#clip255708

I don't like that hit at fucking all. I don't wanna see a player for my team dole out a hit like that ever.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:16 am 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
slesh wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

Here ya go Phil, its not pretty, this guy needs to learn control or he is worthless to Buffalo.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip255487#clip255708

I don't like that hit at fucking all. I don't wanna see a player for my team dole out a hit like that ever.

Ya man, that was nasty looking. Kassian needs to get his shit together mentally, there are some things that are just way to far over the line. I mean, come on man, fuckin dude went rocketship on him, skates not only left the ice, but I think one of them is still hanging on the scoreboard above center ice. Not good.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 am 
Star Sniper

I don't like the intent to injure, but I do like that mean, mean streak. He needs to upgrade his hockey more than prove he's tough at this point...he has not been as productive as expected this season, and has spent too much time injured and suspended.

If this is a long suspension than chalk this season up to a wasted year for Zack, and Luke Adam seems to have passed him in the big, strong prospect hierarchy.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 am 
More Heart Than Skill

Do. Not. Want. That was just an ugly play. I understand the desire to lay a solid hit on somebody, but Jesus, that play could only have been worse if Kassian brought a gun to the rink.

Ham

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:14 am 
Franchise Defenseman

so we have tropp and kassian both vicious players great additions to our team eh?
well teams won't want to play us.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 am 
More Heart Than Skill

Tropp seems to have found a groove following his douchebaggery. Hopefully he's turned a corner in his career. Here's hoping Kassian mimics such a turning point.

Ham

Captain Pants
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 am 
Brawler

wasn't that bad if you ask me. It was dirty; yes, but if he had his head up i don't even think it would have been a penalty

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 am 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:

The Boogey man got old Zach fired up it would seem..... :!:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 am 
Cup Winner

Captain Pants wrote:
wasn't that bad if you ask me. It was dirty; yes, but if he had his head up i don't even think it would have been a penalty

I agree also. It wasn't as bad as people have made it out to be.

The puck went over the oppositions head and he look up at it, Kassian charged him and jump a bit, but didn't hit the guys head as he laid a crushing body check into the shoulders and chest area.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:50 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Captain Pants wrote:

The puck went over the oppositions head and he look up at it, Kassian charged him and jump a bit, but didn't hit the guys head as he laid a crushing body check into the shoulders and chest area.

Well, omitting the fact that Kassian's skates clearly left the ice, and not by a couple inches here, his skates were around 12 inches off the ice, then ya, it wasn't that bad of a hit :liar:

I mean, lets call a boneheaded decision for what it is, that was a predatory hit with intent to injure. Not that I want to say this about Kassian, but that was a predatory hit, all day long. Granted, it could have been much worse for Kennedy on the receiving end, but I want Kassian to have that nasty streak, just keep the skates on the ice man.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am 
Star Sniper

It wasn't dirty like Trop's sociopathic assault, which honestly could have killed that kid, but it was a predatory hit taking out a prone player without the puck. A small suspension, maybe 2-3 games, would make sense.

Again, I really like his nasty streak and toughness - that can't be taught, you either got it or you don't (see: Mancari). What he needs to demonstrate is the skill to fill the net with pucks and points on the major junior level. I want him to be a Top Six power forward (see: Lucic), not the 4th line fighter/grinder getting 7 minutes of ice time per night.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 am 
Penalty Killer

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2010/01/ ... r-hit.html

I don't mind the fact that Kassian is willing to engage physically.

When that happens, there will be times when you cross over into "dirty hit" territory.

I love the fact that the Sabres have someone like Kassian in the pipeline. Not just for the hit, but the fact that he immediately dropped the mitts and won the fight, too.

:clap:

Last edited by Jim Bob on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 am 
Star Sniper

Jim Bob wrote:
http://www.sabresprospects.com/2010/01/114-kassian-likely-to-sit-for-hit.html

I don't mind the fact that Kassian is willing to engage physically.

When that happens, there will be times when you cross over into "dirty hit" territory.

I love the fact that the Sabres have someone like Kassian in the pipeline. Not just for the hit, but the fact that he immediately dropped the mitts and won the fit, too.

:clap:

Best part: HE SCORED A GOAL IN THE GAME, TOO! :)

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 am 
Star Sniper

I love what's coming up in the system. We are looking serious badass in the years to come. Check out some of McNabb's borderline hits and fights. :handgestures-thumbup:

Captain Pants
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:32 am 
Brawler

wow mcnabb looks badass. He's HUGE

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm 
Cup Winner

slesh wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Captain Pants wrote:

Well, omitting the fact that Kassian's skates clearly left the ice, and not by a couple inches here, his skates were around 12 inches off the ice, then ya, it wasn't that bad of a hit :liar:

I mean, lets call a boneheaded decision for what it is, that was a predatory hit with intent to injure. Not that I want to say this about Kassian, but that was a predatory hit, all day long. Granted, it could have been much worse for Kennedy on the receiving end, but I want Kassian to have that nasty streak, just keep the skates on the ice man.

Yes he jumped and left the ice, but he was a man about it and didn't pussy on the hit and hit the guys head.

It was a dirty hit, no doubt, but it was a head hunting hit, I mean it kinda was, but he never nailed the guys head which I respect a dirty hit when it wasn't like that.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:19 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
slesh wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Captain Pants wrote:

Yes he jumped and left the ice, but he was a man about it and didn't pussy on the hit and hit the guys head.

It was a dirty hit, no doubt, but it was a head hunting hit, I mean it kinda was, but he never nailed the guys head which I respect a dirty hit when it wasn't like that.

I am not so concerned about the head hunting as I am about his skates leaving the Ice. Kassian launched himself like a missle, lets call a spade a spade.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

would not have minded picking up taylor doherty as well he is 6'7" would be able to look myers in the eye, he went the second round to the sharks last year. a right handed shot and a tough guy. only 218lbs. in last years draft or seth helgeson 6'4" a real tough guy went 4th round to the devils. but i do like the foligno pick there.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm 
Star Sniper

Indefinite suspension...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5137 ... d=rss-News

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next