It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

McNabb looks like he studied pugilism at the Andrew Peters School of Angry Dancing.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
McNabb looks like he studied pugilism at the Andrew Peters School of Angry Dancing.

:?: ? Looked to me like he was just bombing away. I was very impressed, actually.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

End The Curse wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

:?: ? Looked to me like he was just bombing away. I was very impressed, actually.

Exactly - grab the dude's collar and hope some haymakers connect...aka the Andrew Peters School of Angry Dancing. You could put a slug jersey on him and give him an emo mop and HOLY CRAP IT'S ANDREW PETERS!

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:09 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
End The Curse wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

Exactly - grab the dude's collar and hope some haymakers connect...aka the Andrew Peters School of Angry Dancing. You could put a slug jersey on him and give him an emo mop and HOLY CRAP IT'S ANDREW PETERS!

I remember Peters being the, "turn my head to avoid any punches, hold my fist high, and then throw maybe two punches before tying up," style of fighting. Either way, glad to have some badass, angry hitting and fighting moving on up the system!

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:09 pm 
Garbage Man

End The Curse wrote:

Nhl is stupid...Defensman?

slesh
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Well, I do have to admit, with McNabb and Kassian on the Sabres roster, the team could be a nasty, very nasty opponent to face.

Kassian looks nastier though. I hope he makes the league before Niel from Ottawa retires, I would love to see the young kid beat Neils ass, over and over again one season :)

adambuffalo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 am 
First Rounder

This video from the stands doesn't look as bad. Hard to tell when he left his feet. It was a nasty hit regardless, but like others here, I can't wait til he suits up with the Sabres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNnfPMptig

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/ohl- ... es-p140140

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:07 pm 
Cup Winner

What exactly does indefinitely actually mean?

Because It's a term I've seen alot in hockey.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:13 am 
Garbage Man

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
What exactly does indefinitely actually mean?

Because It's a term I've seen alot in hockey.

its pretty much saying "until further notice" like if a parent says you're grounded indefinitely, it means you're grounded until whenever they decide you shouldn't be

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:06 pm 
Garbage Man

Kassian has a meeting with the OHL execs tomo. Now the hit, lets not lie everyone it was dirty. Not only did the opposition never touch the puck but like everyone has mentioned he jumps a good 2 feet off the ground. Now with that being said I kinda like it. Its good to have a player that other teams players will fear. I think Kassian can be our own Neil or Lucic. Someone who makes the opposing d go FUCK not this guy again.

What I want is to hear from someone who was at the game and can tell me more. I know its the 2 top teams playing and things probably got intense. So I'd like to know was it a chippy game already, were other players looking for a big hit. To me this is a case of a man in a boys league(physically speaking not skill wise). No one will fight Kassian. And if they do then they get shit kicked. Its like Kassian had the attitude that he could do whatever he wanted as he knew no one would make him pay for it. If he even thinks of trying this in the NHL he'll get a beat down and learn his lesson.

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 pm 
Cup Winner

Well I'm always up for the the only way he'll learn is by doing it really.

Same thing with Myers this year, when someone beats him for a goal, he learns to not do that again.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:40 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea. I mean, this could be the only really douchey thing Kassian ever does. I hope so, at least.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:14 am 
Hart Winner

sabresEH wrote:
Kassian has a meeting with the OHL execs tomo. Now the hit, lets not lie everyone it was dirty. Not only did the opposition never touch the puck but like everyone has mentioned he jumps a good 2 feet off the ground. Now with that being said I kinda like it. Its good to have a player that other teams players will fear. I think Kassian can be our own Neil or Lucic. Someone who makes the opposing d go FUCK not this guy again.

What I want is to hear from someone who was at the game and can tell me more. I know its the 2 top teams playing and things probably got intense. So I'd like to know was it a chippy game already, were other players looking for a big hit. To me this is a case of a man in a boys league(physically speaking not skill wise). No one will fight Kassian. And if they do then they get shit kicked. Its like Kassian had the attitude that he could do whatever he wanted as he knew no one would make him pay for it. If he even thinks of trying this in the NHL he'll get a beat down and learn his lesson.

Wait are you saying that he is a dirty piece of crap or are you saying he is awesome?

He is dirty. Horrible person. I don't want a Neil on our team. Or a Lucic. Trying to cheap shot someone makes you nothing but a pig steaming pile. You know, Neil already deserves to die with Jarkko Rutuu, so Kassian, come out, say sorry, and learn. One more thing like this, and I want him traded.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Wait, you don't want a Lucic-type on your team? Oh boy, I feel sorry for you. Looch is a freight train of hockey badassery waiting to collide with his next target. Plus, when the going gets tough in the playoffs, he amps up his scoring. That kid is gonna be something special.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:42 am 
Garbage Man

BlueandYellow wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Wait are you saying that he is a dirty piece of crap or are you saying he is awesome?

He is dirty. Horrible person. I don't want a Neil on our team. Or a Lucic. Trying to cheap shot someone makes you nothing but a pig steaming pile. You know, Neil already deserves to die with Jarkko Rutuu, so Kassian, come out, say sorry, and learn. One more thing like this, and I want him traded.

I'm saying is his still just a kid and I think a lot of people are freaking out too much about this hit. When you read up on it, it was a game that got out of hand and Kassian was not the only one looking for a big hit. Della Rovere ran a kids head into the glass during the game and Taylor Hall was being targeted big time by Barrie. Kassian in his first game with his new club wanted to show them that he wouldnt let Barrie fuck with his new teammates. Did he cross the line? Yes. Should we all freakout and say he's a lost cause now? No. With about 26 games left for most OHL teams I'd guess Kassian gets anywhere between ten games to the remainder of the regular season.

Eh

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

so, you call him a horrible person, and then go on to say people deserve to die? for playing hockey outside the boundaries of the rules? i'd hate to see what you say about people who get speeding tickets...

jeez.... over react much?

Captain Pants
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm 
Brawler

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

so, you call him a horrible person, and then go on to say people deserve to die? for playing hockey outside the boundaries of the rules? i'd hate to see what you say about people who get speeding tickets...

jeez.... over react much?
I've noticed blue and yellow to have the critical thinking skills of a preteen; try your best to ignore his zealous swells and crushes

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

What Pants said.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm 
Garbage Man

So Kassian got 20 games for his hit. A little much if you ask me but I'm not complaining. The way people reacted to it it could have been worse.

Eh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next