Pirates_fan_1969
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am 
Rink Rat

GoSabres29 wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
slesh wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingwhite:

Sorry Pf1969, the Hamilton situation is a running joke around these parts ever since some guy tried to get an NHL franchise to relocate their.

not a problem, I recall Basille and the Coyotes thing. That was more in response to the general situation. I have been going to Pirates games for 17 years, and not happy with the rumors and speculation. I am hoping this is another posturing ploy to get a better deal with the city of Portland than an actual attempt to move. here's some perspective: I am a Pirates full season ticket holder. I live in Nashua NH, games are 1 hour and 40 minutes away, one way.

I'll be in Albany tomorrow and Rochester for the weekend for games.

NNiiiiicccccceeeee. So do you get sad when the Sabres prospects get called up to the big club? lol

yes and no. I usually have Center Ice and watch as many Sabres games as possible, so I follow the players in Portland as they move on up to the NHL. It sucks not having them on your team, but it's great to see them "graduate" as it were.

I root for my Pirates first, and then the parent club second. So I'm a Pirates fan and Sabres fan, but still follow the Anaheim Ducks and Washington Capitals, as they have had players come through here in past affiliations.

GoSabres29
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 am 
Garbage Man

Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
GoSabres29 wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
slesh wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:

Sorry Pf1969, the Hamilton situation is a running joke around these parts ever since some guy tried to get an NHL franchise to relocate their.

not a problem, I recall Basille and the Coyotes thing. That was more in response to the general situation. I have been going to Pirates games for 17 years, and not happy with the rumors and speculation. I am hoping this is another posturing ploy to get a better deal with the city of Portland than an actual attempt to move. here's some perspective: I am a Pirates full season ticket holder. I live in Nashua NH, games are 1 hour and 40 minutes away, one way.

NNiiiiicccccceeeee. So do you get sad when the Sabres prospects get called up to the big club? lol

yes and no. I usually have Center Ice and watch as many Sabres games as possible, so I follow the players in Portland as they move on up to the NHL. It sucks not having them on your team, but it's great to see them "graduate" as it were.

I root for my Pirates first, and then the parent club second. So I'm a Pirates fan and Sabres fan, but still follow the Anaheim Ducks and Washington Capitals, as they have had players come through here in past affiliations.

That's awesome. I try to catch the Pirates as often as possible on ATDHE.net, but am only a fan because of the Sabres obviously.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:03 am 
Page Side

Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
GoSabres29 wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:
slesh wrote:
Pirates_fan_1969 wrote:

You're a general hockey fan. I like that and I'm really sorry that you may be losing your team, because as a nearby resident of Glens Falls, NY, I've seen many teams come and go.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the Sabres, and how you feel about them as a team; their playoff chances and other things, perhaps what you think they need.

It'd be interesting to get a bit of an outsiders perspective.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm 
PP Quarterback

Ah.... good to see Chuck "microphone" Schumer getting some press.