It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:32 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Zack Kassian and the Spits play the Erie Otters (game 1 is Thursday at 7:05), Nick Crawford and the Colts play Marcus Foligno and the Wolves (game 1 is also Thursday at 7:30), Brayden McNabb and the Ice play Medicine Hat Tigers (game 1 is Friday at 7:00 MDT), the Cape Breton boys (Luke Adam, Jacob Lagace, and Maxime Legault) and the rest of the Screaming Eagles play the Moncton Wildcats (game 1 is Friday at 7:00), and Jordan Southorn and the Rocket will play the Saint John Sea Dogs (game 1 is also Friday at 7:30).

I'm really excited to listen to the Spits game and the Screaming Eagles game. I'm also disturbed to report that I work with a guy who looks like the bastard offspring of Brayden McNabb and Olli Jokinen.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Kassian had a goal tonight in the Spits' game one 6-2 win over Erie tonight. Nick Crawford had 3 assists and was a +4 in the Colts' 11(!!)-4 game one win over Sudbury. For Sudbury, Foligno had a goal and an assist.

McNabb, Adam, Legault, Lagace, and Southorn all play on Friday night.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm 
Garbage Man

McNabb's Kootenay Ice played two games over the weekend, winning both on home ice. McNabb picked up 3 assists with a +1 rating. Game 3 is tonight in Medicine Hat. Current The Hat is up 2-1 at the second intermission.

Eh

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 pm 
Garbage Man

Kassian's Spits are now up 3-0 on the Otters. Kassian picked up no points in game 2 but was +1 and tonight he finished with a goal and an assist and was even.
Crawford's Colts are up 3-0 on Foligno's Wolves. Each picked up an assist in Barrie's 2-1 win in game 2 and Crawford picked up 2 assists in game 3 while Foligno was held pointless.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Thanks for helping me keep the ball rollin, eh. Looks like you and I are the Official SabresJunkie Junior Scouting Staff haha

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 pm 
Cup Winner

And I thank you for it.

I don't see anything about Adam, what's up with him?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

sabresEH wrote:
Kassian's Spits are now up 3-0 on the Otters. Kassian picked up no points in game 2 but was +1 and tonight he finished with a goal and an assist and was even.
Crawford's Colts are up 3-0 on Foligno's Wolves. Each picked up an assist in Barrie's 2-1 win in game 2 and Crawford picked up 2 assists in game 3 while Foligno was held pointless.

Folingo also got destroyed by Barrie's Zac Rinalo. As a watcher of the OHL I really think Buffalo should have never bothered to draft Folingo, he's lazy, slow and kind of useless for being such a big guy.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
And I thank you for it.

His Cape Breton Eagles have been getting slammed by Moncton. Moncton is up 3-0, and it hasn't even been close. The games have been 6-3, 6-0, and 3-2 (OT). Adam has been a - player in each game, and only has a few points in the series. Same with both Lagace and Legault.

It hasn't been pretty. I expect to see Adam and/or Legault up with Portland this week.

Last edited by mechaphil on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

patkane88 wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Folingo also got destroyed by Barrie's Zac Rinalo. As a watcher of the OHL I really think Buffalo should have never bothered to draft Folingo, he's lazy, slow and kind of useless for being such a big guy.

Rinaldo got 12 games for his hit, and a bunch of other players in that brawl got suspended, too.

Foligno is looking like a fourth liner, unfortunately. It sucks Ottawa got the Mike-like pick out of the two younger Folignos.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
And I thank you for it.

His Cape Breton Eagles have been getting slammed by Moncton. Moncton is up 3-0, and it hasn't even been close. The games have been 6-3, 6-0, and 3-2 (OT). Adam has been a - player in each game, and only has a few points in the series. Same with both Lagace and Legault.

It hasn't been pretty. I expect to see Adam and/or Legault up with Portland this week.

Alright, that's cool then.

Sucks for them though.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 pm 
Captain Clutch

mechaphil wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Rinaldo got 12 games for his hit, and a bunch of other players in that brawl got suspended, too.

Foligno is looking like a fourth liner, unfortunately. It sucks Ottawa got the Mike-like pick out of the two younger Folignos.

12 games is complete bull shit on that hit, the OHL always tends to overreact on suspensions. 12 games here in the OHL is like 2-3 in the NHL. Anyways yeah Ottawa got the better player out of the Folingos. I was hoping someone could take this pick off Buffalo's hands during the deadline

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:56 pm 
Garbage Man

Southorn has yet to register a point in PEI's series with Saint John. However he has gotten into one fight and is a +2.
The boys from Cape Breton have gotten themselves into quite the hole. Down 3-0 they will need some kind of effort to come back against Moncton. Adam and Lagace both have a single assist through three games while Legault has just one goal.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Sabres have a prospect playing for PEI Rocket, too - Jordan Southorn. His boys are down in the series, 2-1, I believe after being shut out tonight 3-0.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 pm 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
Thanks for helping me keep the ball rollin, eh. Looks like you and I are the Official SabresJunkie Junior Scouting Staff haha

Fuckin rights we should get paid for all this hard work :D

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

It's still 2-1 Tigers out in the Dub, but of course Brayden McNabb has an assist on Kootenay's only goal :)

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm 
Garbage Man

Its now 3-1 Medicine Hat. Lookin like there will be a game 5.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Dammit.

Also, it's sad to see how the mighty (Kelowna) have fallen. Losing Tyler Myers, Jamie Benn, Mikael Backlund, and Colin Long will do that to you.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 pm 
Captain Clutch

mechaphil wrote:
Dammit.

Also, it's sad to see how the mighty (Kelowna) have fallen. Losing Tyler Myers, Jamie Benn, Mikael Backlund, and Colin Long will do that to you.

Never count Kelowna out, they are never done.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

patkane88 wrote:
mechaphil wrote:
Dammit.

Never count Kelowna out, they are never done.

If they lose tonight (game is 3-3 in the second period), they go down 0-3 in the series. It would take a miracle.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 am 
Garbage Man

Phil back in the early 00`s the Rockets were a force. They won 2 WHL titles(2003,2005) and won the Memorial Cup in 2004 as the host city. They represented the West in the WHL final numerous times in the early 00`s. But then all the boys left and we had a 2 bad years in 05-06, 06-07 when we had Schenn Myers Almond Long and others playing big minutes at 16 and 17. Then they finally had the team to put together another run when they were all 18 and 19. They all graded to the pro ranks and this year is back to seeing a lot of 16 and 17 year old players. Kelowna will be a force again after next season.

PS The rockets came back and on 5-3 after being down 3-1. These young guys can definitely score goals, just can`t prevent them yet.

Eh