It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well, looks like tonight's 5-3 score means the Rockets are gonna prevent the sweep :)

I look forward to Regier drafting more from the WHL. I absolutely love what I've seen of the Dub versus the OHL and QMJHL,

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:52 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
Well, looks like tonight's 5-3 score means the Rockets are gonna prevent the sweep :)

I look forward to Regier drafting more from the WHL. I absolutely love what I've seen of the Dub versus the OHL and QMJHL,

Jordan Weal from the Regina Pats could be Ennis 2.0. At 17 years old he put up 102 points on one of the league`s worse teams. Now I`m sure playing with Eberle helped his production but he obviously has skill in order to put up 100 pts in the dub. Its his draft year and some teams are put off by his size 5`8 165. We`d probably have to take him as a late first but I definitely wouldn`t be opposed to it. I really like the small guys who can produce big numbers in the dub.

Eh

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am 
Superstar Goalie

Luke Adam's Cape Breton team is down 3 games to 0 to Moncton. Only 1 assist and a -6 for Adam, yikes.

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 pm 
Captain Clutch

Los9090 wrote:
Luke Adam's Cape Breton team is down 3 games to 0 to Moncton. Only 1 assist and a -6 for Adam, yikes.

Moncton is one of the better teams in the CHL, they were ranked 7th in the CHL by NHL scouts so it really does not surprise me that Adam is not doing well.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:08 pm 
Superstar Goalie

patkane88 wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

Moncton is one of the better teams in the CHL, they were ranked 7th in the CHL by NHL scouts so it really does not surprise me that Adam is not doing well.

Seems like Cape Breton's goalie sucks

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm 
Garbage Man

Well Cape Breton won tonight 4-1. Luke Adam had a hat trick. Lagace recorded 2 assists.

Eh

Last edited by sabresEH on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm 
Garbage Man

Los9090 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

Olivier Roy? One of the better goalies in the CHL. Like PK said Moncton is one of the countries best teams. Cape Breton didnt stand much of a chance.

Eh

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 pm 
Garbage Man

Southorn again didn't register a point in tonights game as PEI falls down 3-1 now.

Eh

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm 
Garbage Man

Barrie is currently leading Sudbury 5-2 in the third period. Crawford has one assist and even while Foligno has no points and no pims.

Eh

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm 
Captain Clutch

sabresEH wrote:
Barrie is currently leading Sudbury 5-2 in the third period. Crawford has one assist and even while Foligno has no points and no pims.

Folingo looks like a bust so far. Great pick by Darcy :snooty:

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 pm 
Captain Clutch

Los9090 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Los9090 wrote:

Anyone is going to suck playing Moncton, Cape Breton was just lucky to be in the playoffs if you ask me.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 am 
Garbage Man

McNabb finished tonight with no points but was a surprising +1 in Kootenay's 5-1 loss to the Hat. The series is now deadlocked at 2(As is the Kelowna series after tonights double ot win :wink: )

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 pm 
Cup Winner

patkane88 wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

4th round at 104th overall.

What are you to expect from him? He's not his dad or his brother.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

He's still got some time... /hope

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:53 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
He's still got some time... /hope

he was only 17 when he was drafted. which means he can continue to grow. the kid has a couple more years in Sudsbury, then probably a year in the AHL. The kid just needs to be driven to play, and home town kid, home town team should inspire him to play. plus like it's been said he's not his dad or brother.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

One more loss and the Luke Adam to Portland countdown is officially under way

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Kassian had 3 assists tonight in a 5-1 Windsor win. Wooord.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 am 
Garbage Man

Wooord Phil. 3 apples eh. Did that finish the series then with tonights win?

Eh

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am 
Power Forward

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

4th round at 104th overall.

What are you to expect from him? He's not his dad or his brother.

This is my opinion about him getting picked by Buffalo. Buffalo was looking for size and grit rather than looking for any type of skill since most of this team is on the small side. Do I agree with it. I think you have to take the best player skill wise available and by that I mean a guy that looks like he can play at the NHL level. I would be looking at his skating and his total skill and what kind of upside this guy could have in a few years of development. It's really a crap shoot and isn't that easy to know if the guy is going to pan out but I would rather pick a guy with skill rather than base it on size and grit. Worst case scenario if the guy is on the smaller side but has the skill to make it you at least have some trade value there.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 am 
Penalty Killer

SabresBillsFan wrote:
This is my opinion about him getting picked by Buffalo. Buffalo was looking for size and grit rather than looking for any type of skill since most of this team is on the small side. Do I agree with it. I think you have to take the best player skill wise available and by that I mean a guy that looks like he can play at the NHL level. I would be looking at his skating and his total skill and what kind of upside this guy could have in a few years of development. It's really a crap shoot and isn't that easy to know if the guy is going to pan out but I would rather pick a guy with skill rather than base it on size and grit. Worst case scenario if the guy is on the smaller side but has the skill to make it you at least have some trade value there.

And what if the small skilled guy doesn't work out?

A bust is a bust is a bust.

When you are talking about a 4th round pick, the odds are about 1 in 5 that a 4th rounder turn into NHLers.

About the same goes for 5th rounders. So, for every Ryan Miller you have 4 or 5 busts that never make the show.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Foligno pick as the Sabres need to balance out their prospect portfolio with some more size & grit.

Teams need a balance between size & grit. I like the direction that the club went last year especially given how Kassian & McNabb are playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next