It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:30 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I was actually coming in here to say that Mike is the resident CCHA and all-around college hockey nerd haha

Maestro
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:51 am 
Career AHL'er

Btw, i just clicked a few of those mock draft links since i'm bored as hell, and noticed Brock Nelson is projected to the Sabres in 2 of those. Interesting.... besides the top 3 or so guys, i honestly think Nelson may be the next best player from this awesome draft class. They say round two this year is as good as previous 15-30 picks..... Nelson is raw because he plays high school and is still atleast 2 years away from making his NHL debut. Thats the only reason his shock is dropping.... but he just scored like 95points in like 33 games this past season in Minnesota... not bad. Minnesota high school's develop a lot of NHLers.... also he's from the same HS as TJ Oshie. So, obviously the competition isn't that bad.

Big kid, loves to hit, goes to the net, and is said to be an amazing skater.

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:27 am 
Garbage Man

Maestro wrote:
Btw, i just clicked a few of those mock draft links since i'm bored as hell, and noticed Brock Nelson is projected to the Sabres in 2 of those. Interesting.... besides the top 3 or so guys, i honestly think Nelson may be the next best player from this awesome draft class. They say round two this year is as good as previous 15-30 picks..... Nelson is raw because he plays high school and is still atleast 2 years away from making his NHL debut. Thats the only reason his shock is dropping.... but he just scored like 95points in like 33 games this past season in Minnesota... not bad. Minnesota high school's develop a lot of NHLers.... also he's from the same HS as TJ Oshie. So, obviously the competition isn't that bad.

Sounds great, any idea what his post HS playing plans are? College? Juniors? ETC?

Maestro
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 pm 
Career AHL'er

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
Maestro wrote:

Sounds great, any idea what his post HS playing plans are? College? Juniors? ETC?

He's going to Notre Dakota.

And will probably make team USA for WJC, which would be cool to see a Sabres prospect play for USA and Canada (Kassian).

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I was thinking about the luck buffalo has had with the Tylers. Well meet Tyler Toffoli
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stat ... hp?id=5139

The kid is predicted to fall near when the sabres draft. in fact some sites are saying we take him.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 pm 
Star Sniper

What about Jordan Weal out of Regina in the WHL? Another Ennis-Gerbe-Roy type in size, but has 102 points in 72 games on a shitty team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=110234

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

sabresEH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 pm 
Garbage Man

Seanothan27 wrote:
What about Jordan Weal out of Regina in the WHL? Another Ennis-Gerbe-Roy type in size, but has 102 points in 72 games on a shitty team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=110234

Yeah i was talking to Phil about this kid. Only 17 and put up those numbers in the dub. I saw him play in Major Midget and the kid as tons of skill. Seems to be a consensus second rounder. Wouldn't mind trading down to grab a second and pick this kid up. Definitely gonna be another Ennis.

Eh

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i did a lot of research on Defensemen last night mostly ohl but a couple whl defensemen. we need to shore up that aspect.

http://www.attackhockey.com/player_viewV2.asp?id=272 Geoffrey Schemitsch (maybe second rounder)

http://www.mjwarriors.ca/Team/Players/45/ McIlRath
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25281

Jarred Tindori
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jarred_tinordi
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=120972

Jon Merrill
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=120966

Tim Campbell (not a first rounder but has put up decent numbers).
http://www.guelphstorm.com/roster/show/id/281

EVGENY MOLOTILOV (not the best offense but good plus minus)
http://www.guelphstorm.com/roster/show/id/283

Kalle Ekelund (again not first round but decent stats)
http://www.londonknights.com/display_pl ... player=185

Ryan O'Connor
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stat ... hp?id=5187

near the top of the draft you are looking at Cam Fowler and Gudbranson. top five picks.

First round I'm a bit of a fan of McIlrath That covers most of the OHL with McIlrath out of the WHL.
Ryley Miller
http://www.wheatkings.com/team_roster_p ... r_id=25897

Brodie MELNYCHUK
http://www.wheatkings.com/team_roster_p ... r_id=25890
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25003

Matt Mackenzie
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25037

Zak Stebner (D)
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24588

Last edited by psychemedisabrefan on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:13 pm 
Garbage Man

Tionordi would be a steal that late, although it'll probably be 2-3 years at ND and another year in the AHL until we'd get to see him, a 6-6 Tinordi plaing with a 6-8 Myers sounds pretty damn good to me

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:23 pm 
Garbage Man

Eh Irony have you seen Riley Sheahan play at all this year? Seems like an interesting prospect.

Eh

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:13 pm 
Garbage Man

sabresEH wrote:
Eh Irony have you seen Riley Sheahan play at all this year? Seems like an interesting prospect.

Sheahan won't be available when we pick. The only thing I see as a possibility is trading with a team (Ducks [13th/14th] or the Bruins[2nd/12th]) who have two 1st rounders and picks in order to move into the 12-14 range, where most people have him predicted right now. There is no way this kid makes it to the late 20's where we'll be

sabresEH
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 am 
Garbage Man

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Sheahan won't be available when we pick. The only thing I see as a possibility is trading with a team (Ducks [13th/14th] or the Bruins[2nd/12th]) who have two 1st rounders and picks in order to move into the 12-14 range, where most people have him predicted right now. There is no way this kid makes it to the late 20's where we'll be

NHL central scouting has Sheahan ranked as the 22nd NA skater in their final rankings. He was fifth in their mid-season rankings. It's not impossible for him to drop down.

Eh

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am 
Garbage Man

sabresEH wrote:
HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

NHL central scouting has Sheahan ranked as the 22nd NA skater in their final rankings. He was fifth in their mid-season rankings. It's not impossible for him to drop down.

Impossible? No.....but highly unlikely to be certain. Here's why.

He has the prototypical frame teams love from a top six center, listed at 6'2" and 205 lbs. He may not have produced points the way he was expected this season, but also keep in mind the kid only turned 18 in December and is playing against guys in the 19-22 range mostly. Also in addition to being young, he has LOADS of talent as evidenced by the midseason Central Scotuing Rankings listed Sheahan as the #5 overall prospect in North America. Every year you see at least one or two people make a major push up the draft boards when things shake out closer to the draft and post NHL combine. This kid will be one of them. You can take that to the bank.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:26 pm 
Captain Clutch

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
Tionordi would be a steal that late, although it'll probably be 2-3 years at ND and another year in the AHL until we'd get to see him, a 6-6 Tinordi plaing with a 6-8 Myers sounds pretty damn good to me

I would love to see the Sabres draft him then let him go to London ( as he's drafted by the Knight) cause London turns out lots of pretty descent players in the NHL

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 pm 
Captain Clutch

Another steal late would be Jared Knight, guy had 30+ goals in London this year.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stat ... hp?id=5132

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 pm 
Garbage Man

patkane88 wrote:
HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:

I would love to see the Sabres draft him then let him go to London ( as he's drafted by the Knight) cause London turns out lots of pretty descent players in the NHL

If by some wild chance he chooses the OHL after committing to ND, any idea if he'll have 1 or two years of CHL eligibility left?

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:39 am 
Penalty Killer

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
If by some wild chance he chooses the OHL after committing to ND, any idea if he'll have 1 or two years of CHL eligibility left?

CHL eligibilty is completely age dependant and any sort of NCAA decision will not affect how long he can play in the CHL.

The NCAA is the organization that has stringent criteria where a player loses eligibility if they play in the CHL.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Garbage Man

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
sabresEH wrote:
HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Impossible? No.....but highly unlikely to be certain. Here's why.

He has the prototypical frame teams love from a top six center, listed at 6'2" and 205 lbs. He may not have produced points the way he was expected this season, but also keep in mind the kid only turned 18 in December and is playing against guys in the 19-22 range mostly. Also in addition to being young, he has LOADS of talent as evidenced by the midseason Central Scotuing Rankings listed Sheahan as the #5 overall prospect in North America. Every year you see at least one or two people make a major push up the draft boards when things shake out closer to the draft and post NHL combine. This kid will be one of them. You can take that to the bank.

The NHL scouts have obviously seen something they didn't like. Will Sheahan be at the U-18's cause thats like the last chance to showcase yourself. If you aren't there and other kids have a good tournament(McFarland) than its possible that Sheahan could drop into round two. After about the top 10 there really isn't that much difference in players skills and potential from 11-40. Much like 2008's draft. Some scouts had Luke Adam as a first and Ennis as a secound. Some had both going in the second. The draft is a complete crap-shoot especially in a year like this where there is a lot of parity between the players. So right now unless your Seguin Hall Fowler Gudbradsson Connolly or Gormley you could be drafted anywhere from 11 - 40. Many thought Schroeder last year was a top 10 pick easy. And he dropped to 22.

Here's a question. I know we havent drafted many euro's lately but we have 3 3rd's this year and Kirill Kabanov's stock is dropping faster than I can type. He easily have top 5 talent but with attitude problems arising he could take a major fall down the board. So the question is do wetake a chacne in the third if he is still available?

Eh

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:

Well he's born in 1992 17 years old so he'd have 2 full years in the OHL and plus 1 if he comes back as an overager at 20

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:12 am 
Penalty Killer

ISS's top 30 as of match 15th:

https://www.isshockey.com/scouting/home

Top 30 NHL Picks as of March 15

1. Tyler Seguin - Plymouth
2. Taylor Hall - Windsor
3. Cam Fowler - Windsor
4. Vladimir Tarasenko - Novosibirsk
5. Brandon Gormley - Moncton
6. Erik Gudbranson - Kingston
7. Kirill Kabanov - Moncton
8. Austin Watson - Peterborough
9. Nino Niederreiter - Portland
10. Derek Forbort - NTDP
11. Brett Connolly - Prince George
12. Alex Burmistrov - Barrie
13. Riley Sheahan - Notre Dame
14. Mikael Granlund - HIFK Helsinki
15. Jeff Skinner - Kitchener
16. Mark Pysyk - Edmonton
17. Ryan Johansen - Portland
18. Jaden Schwartz - Tri-City
19. Evgeny Kuznetsov - Chelyabinsk Traktor
20. Quinton Howden - Moose Jaw
21. Jonathan Merrill - NTDP
22. Brock Nelson - Warroad
23. Emerson Etem - Medicine Hat
24. Nick Bjugstad - Blaine
25. Beau Bennett - Penticton
26. Jarred Tinordi - NTDP
27. Charlie Coyle - South Shore
28. Tyler Pitlick - Mankato
29. Martin Marincin - Slovakia
30. John McFarland - Sudbury

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next