It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Player profiles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm 
Cup Winner

Well I just watched all of the prospect profiles on Sabres.TV

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=1

It starts with Biega and it will continue through some of the most appealing prospects.

I'm really liking 6'4 Brayden McNabb, Luke Adam, Zack Kassian, even Marcus Foligno is trying his hardest to fill into his dad's shoes.

Oh yea, and Pysyk too.

Imagine a line with McNabb and Myers on it, both two way defensemen and a huge shutdown line. 6'8 and 6'4 guys, that would be scary.

Kassian is striving to be a quick guy so he can keep up with the small players.

Biega is interesting also, Harvard grad so he sure has the smarts for reading the game on defense and is trying to be a good offensive D man.

Take a look at them and give your thoughts too.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresEH
 Post subject: Re: Player profiles
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 am 
Garbage Man

Yeah I just saw all those videos. I'd like to see McNabb with Pysyk. There's a chance they could play together at the WJC this year and they will come into the pro ranks around the same time.

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm 
Cup Winner

Yea, I would not mind that either.

Hopefully both will be in the AHL next season then. Seems like that is when they will be there, and Pysyk is working on his shot a lot too.

I'm really excited to see Luke Adam in Portland also. The guy is just a natural it seems.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I've heard Fienhage has really upped his game even since the summer camp. From what i saw in training camp and have read sounds like he is hitting hard and sound, seems to be going in the right direction.

Fienhage is a physical monster who has already shown improvement over his summer camp performance. I love his athleticism and awareness, and you really notice his size and thickness in the corners where (at this level) he can box two guys out at once. There was one instance Friday where he stiff-armed an attacker and quickly shoveled the puck with his free hand to his defensive partner. Like this summer, there are other times when I'd prefer he was quicker in his breakout decisions but for now we're content watching his game take shape. He does a good job making sure guys don't get back door when he's facing the play. - Kris Baker

www.sabresprospects.com