It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:31 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

It was announced today that Zack Kassian, Marcus Foligno, Brayden McNabb, and Mark Pysyk have all been invited to Team Canada's WJC selection camp. Discuss.

Edit: Sabres having four prospects on Team Canada leads the NHL in terms of representation

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Nice, that's a good sign then.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:47 pm 
Star Sniper

Hope to see them all in Red & White next month

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 am 
Garbage Man

Pysyk is likely there for the experience so he can come prepared for next season as a 19 yo. McNabb could battle for a spot, same with Marcus. I think Hockey Canada would be crazy not to take Kassian. He's a man amongst boys out there and with Canada in the tougher division, we're gonna need some sand paper to grind down the euro teams.

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 pm 
Cup Winner

I'm sure Kassian will easily be on the team, if he's not, then they are simply stupid to overlook him.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 pm 
Garbage Man

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I'm sure Kassian will easily be on the team, if he's not, then they are simply stupid to overlook him.

Well Hockey Canada isn't afraid to keep a guy off the team if they don't like him, for whatever reason it may be. Kyle Beach played at the U-18's one year and showed up to the last game with a team OHL shirt on(implying that Hockey Canada is biased towards the O) in hopes of getting some more ice time. Beach never got another invite to any camp, summer or winter for Hockey Canada. With some of the stuff Kassian was pulling at summer camp, it wouldn't surprise me if HC snubbed him. But he's been good so far this year so I doubt they will.

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
Cup Winner

Well HC would be stupid to pass him up then just for a personal bias or attitude. You take the best players to win.

Rud wrote:

sabresEH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 pm 
Garbage Man

Yes it would be, but Beach also should have been there at least once and he never got invited. HC is very political. I dont think it will effect BZK but if he does something stupid in camp, ie. take a stupid run at someone, they won't hesitate to keep him off.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

McNabb cut from Team Canada this morning. Kassian, Foligno, and Pysyk remain so far.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 pm 
Garbage Man

I think Kassian and Foligno are locks. Unless Marcus absolutely shits the bed tonight. Pysyk will need a strong game and some others to have a bad game if he wants to make it. Unfortunately I see Tyson Barrie taking the last d-man spot from Pysyk.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Foligno and Pysyk playing tonight, but Kassian is a scratch. Number of hockey talking heads are saying the scratches tonight are all healthy and locks for the squad.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 pm 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
Foligno and Pysyk playing tonight, but Kassian is a scratch. Number of hockey talking heads are saying the scratches tonight are all healthy and locks for the squad.

Yeah I think the scratches are Schenn, Leblanc, Johansen, Kassian, Ellis, De haan, Cowen, and Cizikas(injury).

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I saw a couple of tweets that Cizikas is healthy but whatever, what's important is BZK is 99% on the squad.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Gudbranson had a shit giveaway and penalty in the final minute of the game, which might give Pysyk an opening.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm 
Garbage Man

Kassian is 100% on the squad. Bob Mackenzie said Cizikas was out with injury and may still not make the team.
I was just coming in here to write exactly that Phil. Gudbranson has had a bad camp and looked pretty bad tonight. Barrie I think has outplayed him for a spot. Olsen is essentially a lock which leaves it between Despres and Pysyk for the 6th spot because I'm quite positive they are taking Ryan Murphy as the 7th dman. I doubt they take both 17 year olds.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Pysyk cut...BZK and Foligno are on the team

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 am 
Captain Clutch

Would have been nice to see all 4 make it but you can't have everything. I really think this year Canada's team is going to take a step back massively.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:17 pm 
Garbage Man

Congrats to BZK and Foligno. I'm a little surprised they didn't cut Gudbransson after the camp he had but whatever. Pysyk will be there next year.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Fun article from the Toronto Sun on BZK embracing the villain role this WJC on his future home ice.

Congratsa to both forwards, esp Foligno for playing in his hometown where he'll someday do The Leap.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 am 
Garbage Man

On TSN they did a wake-up call going around with Dave Cameron(Head Coach) and interviewing the players who made it. When Dave was talking to Marcus he said "When you came here I asked you to make it a difficult decision for me. Well you made it impossible, crongratulations." Marcus is gonna have a good tourney I think. Can't wait for it to start.

Eh