It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:20 pm 
Star Sniper

Tyler "small" will do just fine...he just needs a year or two.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:12 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Howie Hodge wrote:
slesh wrote:
Pennis is finally scoring? :D

Yes; playing Tenis in the offseason helped his endurance.......

Ennis played some tennis, his penis became a menace.
He finally started scoring, His point total should start soaring :clap: :clap: :clap:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:04 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Stafford calls him Tennis the Menace. I dig.

Anyways, he's now 9th in the AHL in scoring, and he's leading rookie scoring by 3 points.

Methinks this should thread should get its' title changed to something along the lines of "The Tyler Ennis Thread"

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Ennis is tenth in the AHL in scoring.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am 
Garbage Man

This kid should be up with us to light a fire under the top six asses.

Eh

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 am 
Cup Winner

Last I looked at the AHL standings he was like 28th in scoring and now he is tenth.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 am 
More Heart Than Skill

Nice article on Ennis from NHL.com

Quote:
During what he called a transition period that nearly every first-year pro will experience coming out of juniors, Ennis went scoreless in his first four games for the Pirates, something that hadn't occurred at any point in his final two seasons with Medicine Hat.

"I was getting kind of stressed out, worried, just thinking about the what-ifs" of what would happen if it continued, Ennis said of his slow start to the campaign, adding that he also felt an added pressure to perform as a professional.

AHL REPORT
Sanguinetti realizes his NHL dream
A.J. Atchue - NHL.com Correspondent
When Hartford Wolf Pack defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti was selected by the New York Rangers in the first round of the 2006 Entry Draft, it marked the beginning of a dream come true. READ MORE ›

IceHogs' Kearns adds scoring punch to work ethic
Fresh start for Phantoms' Legein
Peters' play quite the present for River Rats
ALL AHL REPORT STORIES ›But fifth-year Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen – who played more than 1,100 NHL games during a 17-year career – took Ennis aside at that point and assured him that four games does not a season make.

"He just talked to me and basically said, ‘Don't worry about everything. It's going to happen. It's a long season, and it's only been four games,'" Ennis recalled.

The conversation with Dineen allowed Ennis to feel more relaxed the next time he hit the ice, and he responded on Oct. 16 vs. Hartford by not only scoring his first professional goal, but his second and third as well. The hat trick – plus an assist for a four-point night – led the Pirates to a 6-3 win.

"It's the point where my season took off," he said. "I got my first goal and my first hat trick the same night, (but) the biggest thing was just getting my confidence back."

Ennis went on to score single goals in three of his next four games and has continued to pile up the points ever since, currently tied for the AHL's scoring lead among rookies with 35 points (12 goals, 23 assists) in 37 games, including a team-leading four game-winning goals. He enters the new week with 12 points (3g, 9a) in his last six contests for the Pirates.

"There's no doubt that there was an adjustment period," Ennis said of his experience in the AHL this season. "Guys are bigger, they're stronger, and you have much less time and space to work with the puck. I have to make faster decisions and move it to my linemates quicker."

Click the link for the rest.

Ham

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm 
Cup Winner

Ennis is a great scorer, he's going to have to do what Roy did to get a job, and it looks like he has a better scoring touch than Roy also.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:26 am 
Cup Winner

Well 11th in the AHL with 41 points in 43 games.

Leads the Pirates in points.

Rud wrote: