It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 pm 
Star Sniper

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2011/04/sabres-ink-szyd-kid.html

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the signing of unrestricted free agent Shawn Szydlowski to a three-year entry level contract. The 6’0, 210-pound forward recently completed a four-year OHL career with the Erie Otters in which he compiled 94 goals and 103 assists. This past season the St. Clair Shores, MI native finished third in scoring for the Otters with 41 goals and 37 assists while skating primarily as a right wing. A physical player with a good center of gravity, the scoring forward also logged 21 fighting majors during his time with the Otters.

Szydlowski, 20, is a smart player with strong hands and good finishing ability. His complete game was on display in the Otters first round loss to Windsor, especially in game #7 when his effort was marked by excellent puck control and a several powerful drives to the net that led to a pair of goals in the Otters 5-4 game #7 loss. He also made a strong takeout of Ryan Ellis along the wall to give a teammate space to score in the second period.

After reporting to Portland for his physical on Thursday, Szydlowski is expected to play in the Pirates three weekend games.

RW, 6'1/208
Regular Season: 66GP, 41G, 37A, 78P, 79PIM, +19
Playoffs: 7GP, 2G, 5A, 7P, 14PIM

Welcome aboard, "Szyd"

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 pm 
Star Sniper

Seanothan27 wrote:

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the signing of unrestricted free agent Shawn Szydlowski to a three-year entry level contract. The 6’0, 210-pound forward recently completed a four-year OHL career with the Erie Otters in which he compiled 94 goals and 103 assists. This past season the St. Clair Shores, MI native finished third in scoring for the Otters with 41 goals and 37 assists while skating primarily as a right wing. A physical player with a good center of gravity, the scoring forward also logged 21 fighting majors during his time with the Otters.

Szydlowski, 20, is a smart player with strong hands and good finishing ability. His complete game was on display in the Otters first round loss to Windsor, especially in game #7 when his effort was marked by excellent puck control and a several powerful drives to the net that led to a pair of goals in the Otters 5-4 game #7 loss. He also made a strong takeout of Ryan Ellis along the wall to give a teammate space to score in the second period.

After reporting to Portland for his physical on Thursday, Szydlowski is expected to play in the Pirates three weekend games.

RW, 6'1/208

Welcome aboard, "Szyd"

Who describes a hockey player as having "strong hands"? WTH does that even mean? Strong wrists, soft hands, those make sense, but not strong hands. What's he going to do squeeze a goalies skull until he coughs up a rebound? lol

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:51 pm 
Page Side

Looks like a good depth signing.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:38 pm 
Hart Winner

X-pensfan wrote:
Seanothan27 wrote:

RW, 6'1/208

Welcome aboard, "Szyd"

Who describes a hockey player as having "strong hands"? WTH does that even mean? Strong wrists, soft hands, those make sense, but not strong hands. What's he going to do squeeze a goalies skull until he coughs up a rebound? lol

Well, let's just say he's had practice developing that strong hand... You could say he grips the stick really hard... He also has good accuracy... ;)

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:42 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Kris Baker is an accredited hockey journo. If he wants to use 'strong hands' in a scouting report, then let him.

BTW, I don't know who Bakes' source is, but he said they'd be signing Szyd last night or the night before. Not might, will.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
Kris Baker is an accredited hockey journo. If he wants to use 'strong hands' in a scouting report, then let him.

BTW, I don't know who Bakes' source is, but he said they'd be signing Szyd last night or the night before. Not might, will.

Just because somebody is accredited doesn't give them a free pass on sounding retarded. He probably meant that he has greatly skilled hands or that his handiness with the puck is a strength of his game. Baker sounds like a caveman or a Cherokee Indian.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

sabresEH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:22 am 
Garbage Man

I think by strong hands he meant strong on the puck.

Eh

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

That is what he meant. Pensfan is too much of a sausage-chugging idiot to think for two seconds.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 am 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
That is what he meant. Pensfan is too much of a sausage-chugging idiot to think for two seconds.

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:02 am 
Captain Dynasty

first off, boosh.. brilliant.

second off, the sabres appear to have a raging hard on for michigan players.

DEAR DARCY, ILL WORK OUT FOR THE TEAM FOR FREE. IM NOT GREAT, BUT I HAVE A GOOD BUTTERFLY AND QUICK FEET. LEMME KNOW.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 pm 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

DEAR DARCY, ILL WORK OUT FOR THE TEAM FOR FREE. IM NOT GREAT, BUT I HAVE A GOOD BUTTERFLY AND QUICK FEET. LEMME KNOW.

Do you have QUICK HANDS?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BlueandYellow wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Do you have QUICK HANDS?

only when i masturbate.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Do you have QUICK HANDS?

only when i masturbate.

@TJLuckman550

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

BTW, Szyd is injured...took a crosscheck to the back one or two games after he signed his deal. Hasn't played since.

Hammygoodness
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm 
More Heart Than Skill

mechaphil wrote:
BTW, Szyd is injured...took a crosscheck to the back one or two games after he signed his deal. Hasn't played since.

BTW, Fuck.

Ham