1. Nickelback 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
2. Kings of Leon 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 pm 
Star Sniper

fly as hale wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:

They just seem to be more of a marketing gimmick then a talented rock n roll band to me. Just no talent whores sucking harder and harder until somebody finally says, "Okay, I can make a buck off of you.". But then again I've always thought the same exact thing about Aerosmith and countless millions disagree with me about that, and yeah I'm sure that they really worked their asses (same with KoL) off to make it but I still don't think they deserve it. Seriously, have you ever REALLY listened to the song Dream On, have you? It's fucking awful...just awful. I know what I like and KoL aint it, but I do sincerely respect the fact that you're sticking up for what you like because I'll throw down with anybody who shits on music I like (Social Distortion, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Sonic Youth, etc.). To answer your question I don't know anything about KoL and more importantly I DON'T CARE. It's all just a part of their gimmick. "Oh my mom died, oh I ate corn dogs for an entire year", yeah yeah stop sucking then maybe I'll care. We all got problems art boys, work harder at your craft and STFU.

As for the radio I still listen because I am naive enough to want to believe that something good can still make it. I discovered Silversun Pickups by way of radio, and I liked what I heard so much that I decided to go see them play live. And guess what? The two bands that opened up for them I like even more. Cage the Elephant and An Horse. So some good can still come from the radio, if you remember to flip back after the commercials and crap are done.

Oh and BTW, I heard Your Sex is on Fire the other day and I sang along to it like mentally retarded person. And I laughed my ass off because I sounded BETTER then their constipated about to cry tone deaf singer. :whistle:

Yeah okay whatever I'm not even going to bother to defend them to you because clearly "you don't care".

I never understood why so many people are so passionate about bands that they don't like. If you simply don't like a band's or musician's music, then just don't listen to them. I don't know why you have to go into a whole spiel about how their music sucks or why they're just a gimmick and whatever "sob story" they have (last time I checked, Kings of Leon don't have one...they've just been around for a long time and worked hard before they became mainstream) is just clearly them trying to market themselves. Whatever man. I personally think they have a great sound and their lead singer certainly isn't tone deaf and I highly doubt you sounded better than him while you were driving. But you can continue rambling on about how much they suck and how they don't deserve their success, all while you're "not caring" about them.

The little stressors in life will literally kill us. Seriously. Like when somebody mispronounces your name all the time. Or when you get cut off in traffic. You don't realize it, but over the years those little, seemingly insignificant things will take years off of your life. So while I do care about the little stressors that shorten my life (aka crappy music), I certainly do not care about the personal lives of those who are behind said stressors. And I think you should take your own advice and tune ME out. As annoying as I am to you, talking about KoL, that's how annoying it is to me when I'm awaiting decent music and end up with them. I usually do change the station when they come on, but I wish I had recorded my cover. lol

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

these pretzels are making me thirsty

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 am 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
these pretzels are making me thirsty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOIhdk_b ... re=related

Rape drug. Rahefnol.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:44 pm 
Cup Winner

X-pensfan wrote:
All this talk about Randy Rhodes has me imagining just what he could have accomplished with his music career by now. He was determined to master every genre of the guitar if I'm not mistaken. And by master I mean the highest academically trained levels of music that are possible to obtain. There was NOTH-ING he could not do with that instrument, he could make it rain in a desert or shatter a yaks skull from 10,000 feet away. Such a loss.

Ozzy even said had Rhoads lived he probably would have went back and got a degree in classical music and quit Ozzy's band before too long.

Only 3ish years around and he is one of the most influential guitar players of the 20th century.

It's a shame he had to die, same with SRV, his life had just turned around, only 3.5 years sober but the music was just getting better and better.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

SabreWolf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:20 pm 
Textbook Grinder

Tvan wrote:
fly as hale wrote:
What the fuck? Kings of Leon are great. To compare them to Nickelback is deplorable.

This

I love Kings of Leon. I'm going to their concert in September. Nickelback is nothing compared to them.

Geez...music snobs.

Tvan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:41 pm 
7th Defenseman

SabreWolf wrote:
Tvan wrote:
fly as hale wrote:
What the fuck? Kings of Leon are great. To compare them to Nickelback is deplorable.

This

I love Kings of Leon. I'm going to their concert in September. Nickelback is nothing compared to them.

Geez...music snobs.

Once I dated a movie snob. He would bring up all these lame ass movies I've never seen and act extremely put out when I hadn't seen it. Then he got mad because I called him a fucking nerd. Take a joke bitch. (teeheehee)

btw, I just bought a KoL CD...September 18th!!!

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:06 am 
Star Sniper

Tvan wrote:
btw, I just bought a KoL CD...September 18th!!!

:snooty:

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger