It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://attleboro.patch.com/articles/roc ... -attleboro

thats pretty fuckin funny. mic todd is awesome slapping the bass, but not at robbing drug stores.

Bauter88
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:16 pm 
Power Forward

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
http://attleboro.patch.com/articles/rock-star-arrested-for-holding-up-walgreens-in-attleboro

thats pretty fuckin funny. mic todd is awesome slapping the bass, but not at robbing drug stores.

Ahahahahah thats Mic for ya.. jesus.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 pm 
Hart Winner

What a fucking asshole.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

couldnt say i was shocked when i heard mic todd needed drugs. oh well. coheed and cambria now isnt the coheed and cambria i grew up with :(

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm 
Hart Winner

wtf couldn't he just BUY it???

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:40 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Why doesn't he have a doc on payroll or a drug gopher? I mean I would have a drug gopher if I was a rock star.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm 
Captain Dynasty

coheed and cambria is basically a 1 man band. claudio gets all the love. the rest of the band is interchangeable at any moment, as evidenced from mic todds previous short term banishment, and josh eppards permanent banishment.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
Why doesn't he have a doc on payroll or a drug gopher? I mean I would have a drug gopher if I was a rock star.

"Star" is giving the guy way too much credit. Keith Richards he ain't. I think only the top of the top have a Dr. on staff or a gopher. This would be more like if a member of the Buffalo Philharmonic or something had a gopher.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:23 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

"Star" is giving the guy way too much credit. Keith Richards he ain't. I think only the top of the top have a Dr. on staff or a gopher. This would be more like if a member of the Buffalo Philharmonic or something had a gopher.

no no no. coheed is pretty awesome. well, was.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm not questioning the quality of the musician, just the level of stardom. Metallica is big enough to have drug gophers, but even most good bands are still going from town to town in shitty vans. They'd be lucky to have a sound guy traveling with them, much less a drug gopher.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
I'm not questioning the quality of the musician, just the level of stardom. Metallica is big enough to have drug gophers, but even most good bands are still going from town to town in shitty vans. They'd be lucky to have a sound guy traveling with them, much less a drug gopher.

ahh. gotcha. coheeds close. they have made some mainstream appearances, but they never quite cracked it. they are a big little band, i suppose.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

This guy plays all over the world, sells out shows everywhere, has sold shit ton of albums but he's not a star? Come on. Just because the guy isn't as big of a star as the rolling stones doesn't meant he's not a star. I mean if I had money would you not call me rich unless I was Oprah rich? All I'm saying is that someone this big has got to have connections for some damn pain pills...hell I do and I have no star status what so ever.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I wonder if they'll find a fill-in for the show in Halifax this Thursday for Rock the Hill?

Speaking of which, [flash=]ZOMGMETALLICAIN3DAYSZOMG!!![/flash]

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

This guy plays all over the world, sells out shows everywhere, has sold shit ton of albums but he's not a star? Come on. Just because the guy isn't as big of a star as the rolling stones doesn't meant he's not a star. I mean if I had money would you not call me rich unless I was Oprah rich? All I'm saying is that someone this big has got to have connections for some damn pain pills...hell I do and I have no star status what so ever.

Dude, then hook me up. :dance: :banana-dreads: :auto-nx: :banana-guitar: :character-burgerking: :character-sebastian: :confusion-seeingstars: :confusion-shrug:

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

Dude, then hook me up. :dance: :banana-dreads: :auto-nx: :banana-guitar: :character-burgerking: :character-sebastian: :confusion-seeingstars: :confusion-shrug:

Haha! My advice is to go do an apprenticeship at a tattoo shop....you'll never have a problem finding drugs after that. Funny thing is that I don't do anything more than beer and whiskey, I just know people.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Opening for Soundgarden does not equal a star. Hell, even calling Soundgarden stars is a stretch IMO. Now, that doesn't mean it's nothing. If a band I was in ever got the opening gig for Soundgarden on a tour, I'd cream my pants every morning as soon as I put them on. It'd be a dream come true. But the guy plays in band, he's not a star. I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Opening for Soundgarden does not equal a star. Hell, even calling Soundgarden stars is a stretch IMO. Now, that doesn't mean it's nothing. If a band I was in ever got the opening gig for Soundgarden on a tour, I'd cream my pants every morning as soon as I put them on. It'd be a dream come true. But the guy plays in band, he's not a star. I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Do you know anything else about them? They aren't as big as they once were but they headlined major festivals and toured all over the world on their own ticket. These guys are legit stars. There are different levels of stars ranging from say Elvis, Ozzy, David Bowie or Pearl Jam to smaller bands but still if you're famous and have millions of fans and have sold shit tons of records, you're a star. I think your definition of star is a little tilted to the uber-rock legend end of the spectrum. Sound Garden aren't as big as they once were but they are obviously rock stars with serious dough.

What IS your definition of a star? I mean say for actors you have the high end stars like Jack Nicholson or Leonardo Decrapio and then you have Kevin James or Randy Quaid . They are still rich, and still very well known. You can argue about the differences in star status but I don't think it is as black and white as you make it out to be. When people say someone is a star I don't think they necessarily mean they are Beatles level stars.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:40 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Stuuuuuuu wrote:

they co-headlined a successful tour with avenged sevenfold in 2006. i went out to chicago to see them. 5,000 people at the aragon ballroom. i didnt stay for A7X. because they suck. suck bad.

actually, it was the same night as the JP dumont OT game winner against ottawa in game 3. i was getting updates will stuck in traffic on lakeshore drive.

clutch actually opened for them one tour. they usually tour with really shitty bands too, like slipknot, now. they used to tour with AWESOME bands, like comeback kid, and thursday. i also saw the dillinger escape plan open for them too. that was the tour which chris pennie left tDEP for coheed.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm 
Superstar Goalie

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

they co-headlined a successful tour with avenged sevenfold in 2006. i went out to chicago to see them. 5,000 people at the aragon ballroom. i didnt stay for A7X. because they suck. suck bad.

actually, it was the same night as the JP dumont OT game winner against ottawa in game 3. i was getting updates will stuck in traffic on lakeshore drive.

clutch actually opened for them one tour. they usually tour with really shitty bands too, like slipknot, now. they used to tour with AWESOME bands, like comeback kid, and thursday. i also saw the dillinger escape plan open for them too. that was the tour which chris pennie left tDEP for coheed.

Eactly. These guys aren't as big as they once were but hell, neither are bands like Beatstie Boys or Nine Inch Nails. Fame fades but Coheed are rock stars no question about it. They have money, fans and fame.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

but no oxy, apparently.