It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Markus
 Post subject: Re: Where was Vanek?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 am 
Power Forward

Howie Hodge wrote:
So Markus; I can't stand the mystery anymore. Do you like Vanek or not???

ha.

But on a serious note I want to see him do better, but apparently for most of buffalo's fanbase, they are ok with Miro Satan like play.

Too bad this isn't like new york city. With a fanbase like that, he'd either be busting back to break up every play, or get kicked out of town.

Can't take nights off.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am 
Captain Dynasty

vanek is not miro satan.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 am 
Power Forward

What has been the difference though? Eastern euro that waits on the blue line and only scores goals?

And I mean that. What is the difference?

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:11 am 
Star Sniper

Satan was a cancer in the locker room; and often didn't score goals. There is little comparison, other than them both being European born players.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:14 am 
Power Forward

Well they are the score only type of players. Snipers and nothing else.

Sadly, Satan was the much better passer.

I guess it just comes down to this....you guys are ok with a lazy effort. You guys are fine with him standing on the blue line and not skating for an entire game while guys like Kennedy and Rivet were rough and tumble.

No effort floaty goals entertaining for some of you, not for me. Not when it is going to hurt the team more than help.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:23 am 
Mrs. Miller

Markus wrote:
but apparently for most of buffalo's fanbase, they are ok with Miro Satan like play.

Too bad this isn't like new york city. With a fanbase like that, he'd either be busting back to break up every play, or get kicked out of town.

Can't take nights off.

Where do you come up with this shit? Since Buffalo fans are a-okay with lazy players, is that the reason behind why some players on the team take nights off? Is it because there aren't enough fans chasing them on the streets saying, "Nice game, asshole." after a loss? So in NYC, every single member of the Rangers must play balls to the wall every single night due to the fear of the big, bad NYC fanbase, right? It all makes sense now...I blame myself for the team's failure to make the postseason two seasons in a row. Maybe if I didn't settle for mediocrity so much we wouldn't be in this position. Next time Vanek plays a bad game maybe I should break my restraining order and threaten to run him out of town. That'll take care of business.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:28 am 
Power Forward

fly as hale wrote:
Markus wrote:
but apparently for most of buffalo's fanbase, they are ok with Miro Satan like play.

Can't take nights off.

Where do you come up with this shit? Since Buffalo fans are a-okay with lazy players, is that the reason behind why some players on the team take nights off? Is it because there aren't enough fans chasing them on the streets saying, "Nice game, asshole." after a loss? So in NYC, every single member of the Rangers must play balls to the wall every single night due to the fear of the big, bad NYC fanbase, right? It all makes sense now...I blame myself for the team's failure to make the postseason two seasons in a row. Maybe if I didn't settle for mediocrity so much we wouldn't be in this position. Next time Vanek plays a bad game maybe I should break my restraining order and threaten to run him out of town. That'll take care of business.

Yankees, 26 World Series Championships? Why? Not just the money. The mentality you listed above. Yes, it works.

They make money for a reason. Media is part of it. If he can't handle it, too bad.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:34 am 
Mrs. Miller

Hahaha that's a fucking joke. So you're blaming the Buffalo fans for some of the player's ineptness? We're just too soft of a fanbase to make our hockey team better? You're giving the media/fans wayyy too much credit. The media can write their cute little articles and us fans can bitch/praise about the team as much as we want on message boards and blogs, but when it really comes down to it...we really don't have that much control over our favorite sports teams some of us would like to believe.

I'm sure Vanek would be real intimidated by you if you were to ever approach him after a tough game. Scaryyyy thoughts right there.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 am 
Captain Dynasty

YURRRR-OHHHHHH

enough of this. this same argument happened at the old boards. we danced in circles, proved our points and defended our opinions. facts and stats mean nothing to you. fair enough.

ENOUGH WITH THE EURO SHIT.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 am 
Power Forward

Buffalo doesn't have a media. Period. You can't compare.

Yea, it does affect a player's play. That is pretty much the first factor in pro sports.

Today, Media is everything.

I'm not even saying if this then that...

I'm saying a large portion of the Buffalo fan base only looks at stats at the end of the year, and a lot of people are ok with lazy play. It's true.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 am 
Power Forward

Pressure is everything, and I have to say, Vanek has little to no pressure on him. Why? Not because he doesn't need to perform better, because he does, but because his money is guaranteed, and if we miss the playoffs again, he'll be in the same damn spot.

In most pro sports, you have to answer for your shit. Not in hockey. Not in this country, anyway.

No accountability, nothing.

He could play blindfolded for the rest of his contract, and he is still going to earn that amount of money.

There is no excuse for half (if that) assing the first game of the season. Not because you tried and failed, but because he didn't try at all.

Oh and the "it's just one game" thing doesn't work anymore. How does that work out for us at the end of the season?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 am 
Captain Dynasty

this is fucking absurd.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:52 am 
Power Forward

What isn't true about that, though?

Say Vanek has the worst season out of any hockey player ever this season.

What do you think would happen?

Nothing. Just the same nothing that happened to Tallinder and Hecht.

Accountability = nothing

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 am 
Captain Dynasty

just because people see things one way, and you see things another, doesnt mean "hey, shove your opinion down our throats."

we get it, you see things outside the realm of the box score. great.

Markus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:00 am 
Power Forward

I was talking about game 1. He sucked, he doesn't get free passes because "he might do better this season"

We had 7 million dollars sitting on the blue line for the entire game.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Bye Markus. 7 days out for you.

There are different ways of handling different issues, but we WILL NOT TOLERATE your antics. You started this thread for no other purpose than to get a rise out of people. It's one fucking game, but you keep coming back to only this thread and bringing up that "Euro" word that got a lot of people upset (and some banned.)

If you act like a douche after your 7 day time-out, you will be IP banned.
Everyone else: back on topic or it gets locked. Thanks.

This is not an open forum. It is private invite. I don't know how much clearer it can be or how many times your Mods have to re-iterate that.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Markus, why don't you do us all a favor and just don't come back.

It's clear that nobody on these new boards is interested in what you have to say. You make no valid arguments, you ignore rebuttals backed up by fact, and are clearly more interested in spewing your hatred of Vanek and other players who didn't have the 'privilege' of being born on this continent.

There are plenty of other places where your opinions and attitude may carry some weight. Clearly, that place isn't here.

As I've said before, if you can manage to be here without your bigoted attitude, then great. If you can't, then, frankly, get the fuck out.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:31 am 
Star Sniper

I still think Markus' comment on another thread about how McKelvin should not be permitted to buy a house with a front lawn because his IQ is too low was the one that really took the cake.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

PatriotGP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:27 pm 
Career AHL'er

I am tired of talking about or to Markus..............but to close this quite senseless thread:

Someone who probably hasn´t ever visited Europe, not knowing the mentality.......should stop talking about pressure in Pro sport concerning not US-players!

I love the NHL, the Sabres and you guys in the forum......I can´t stand you markus talking unreasonably shit about the player, who is responsable, that many many Austrian fans joined that great community......

You can hate Vanek, but stop that fucking bashing against his culture, fans...............that sucks

RJ............I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:19 pm 
Power Forward

Game 2 tonight, lets hope the boys can all perform better and notch a W. Second game of the season though, if Thomas doesn't score I might slit my wrists :liar: :liar: :liar:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next