It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 pm 
Cup Winner

Kaleta is a dirty player to everyone else but not when he is on your team.

He stays within the realm of not breaking the rules though.

But anyone who always hits star players and injures because of good checking is called a dirty player.

Is Pronger a dirty player because he hits, more legally than not, and accidentally injures someone because he is a giant?

That one elbow he had in the playoffs was a result of him being a giant anyways.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm 
Captain Dynasty

every team has a player the fans of said team love, and everyone else hates. avery in new york. neil in ottawa. holmstrom in detroit. comes with the territory.

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm 
Superstar Goalie

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
every team has a player the fans of said team love, and everyone else hates. avery in new york. neil in ottawa. holmstrom in detroit. comes with the territory.

Well Avery's just a plain asshole on and off the ice

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:51 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It looks like it's becoming Kronwall with his big hits in the playoffs and tonight.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

It looks like it's becoming Kronwall with his big hits in the playoffs and tonight.

the color guy on Vs. got a hard on for Kronwall laughing about something after his collision with Kaleta.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:26 pm 
Star Sniper

Like others have said, if people think Kaleta is dirty, they just aren't paying attention or they are clearly biased.

Did any of the Sabres get all pissy after the Kronwall hit...no. It was hard, clean, and Kaleta got right back up and kept playing.

bljksabres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:18 am 
Rink Rat

The one thing that I will never get is why in the last few years does it seem like any time a player lays a big hit, even if it was clean, opposing players feel the need to drop the gloves.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 am 
Captain Dynasty

bljksabres wrote:
The one thing that I will never get is why in the last few years does it seem like any time a player lays a big hit, even if it was clean, opposing players feel the need to drop the gloves.

You don't want the opposing team to feel like it can dictate the physical play like that.

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:03 pm 
Power Forward

kaleta is not dirty...he can dish it but he can take it as well....perfect example: last nite vs detroit...he got laid out with a good hard check, but just got up and kept playing....he knew it was a good check and did not try to retaliate.....the dirty players are the players that retaliate after a clean check

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

..If Kaleta is a dirty player and takes cheapshots for the hits he tosses, then so is Nik Kronwall. Did you hear anyone lashing out at the way he blasted Patty coming out of the Sabres zone last night? Even though he plays for the wings, I gave the hit props. Patty kind of had his head down and well, if you can give it... It was a clean hit from what I seen. Also, he didn't stay down and act as he was shot. He got up and got back into the play.

As everyone else has said, he is out there to stir the pot. If you (as an opposing player) give in and let him get under your skin, good job. You're giving him a reason to be in the NHL and ultimately paying his bills, lol.

These are the same idiot fans who would DIE to have a guy like him on their team. I for one, am pretty frickin glad he's in the colors of Blue and Gold. Keep up the great play, Patty!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm 
Star Sniper

Ya gives some. Ya takes some. Suck it up - That's the game. It's Hockey.

No gingerbread men allowed.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Every time someone starts yapping about how Kaleta is "Dirty", God kills a kitten.

Please, think about the kittens.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
MegaDouche

Squanto wrote:
Every time someone starts yapping about how Kaleta is "Dirty", God kills a kitten.

Please, think about the kittens.

Last edited by SABRESAllTheWay on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:27 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 pm 
MegaDouche

or this.. LOL "How to break up a cat fight" is the title