It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:32 am 
Star Sniper

I'm happy he feels better about himself, but funny how Tallinder is getting positive reviews with Myers carrying his water. If he was paired with anyone else he'd be getting ripped for soft, careless play just like he was the past 2-3 years, but with the prodigy out there he looks "redeemed".

I bet every other d-man on the team wishes he were paired with Myers right now..Put Kalinin with Myers and we'd be commenting on how miraculously he got his game back. I think before the deadline we should trade him while his value is on the rise for a few good picks.

My preferred pairings:

Myers/Butler
Rivet/Sekera
Lydman/Montador

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 am 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
I'm happy he feels better about himself, but funny how Tallinder is getting positive reviews with Myers carrying his water. If he was paired with anyone else he'd be getting ripped for soft, careless play just like he was the past 2-3 years, but with the prodigy out there he looks "redeemed".

I bet every other d-man on the team wishes he were paired with Myers right now..Put Kalinin with Myers and we'd be commenting on how miraculously he got his game back. I think before the deadline we should trade him while his value is on the rise for a few good picks.

My preferred pairings:

Myers/Butler
Rivet/Sekera
Lydman/Montador

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that Tallinder's play has been significantly better this season, independent of Myers' influence.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 am 
Page Side

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

My preferred pairings:

Myers/Butler
Rivet/Sekera
Lydman/Montador

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that Tallinder's play has been significantly better this season, independent of Myers' influence.

Ditto. Come on ETC.

Plus, I think it's DEFINITELY not a stretch to say he's played better than Sekera.

He's playing the body again, he's making good outlet passes, and he looks comfortable out there.

Plus, having 2 guys as tall as Hank and Myers paired together makes it really tough on forwards to evade the stick check.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:55 am 
Star Sniper

Hank has done one thing well...he's stayed the fuck out of Myers way. Beyond that, no...his "improvement" is entirely a product of being teamed with Myers. Even I could look NHL worthy paired with him. Remember, in the preseason he looked awful, and didn't start his "rebirth" until Lydman went down and he was given the career-saving gift of Myers.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 am 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
Hank has done one thing well...he's stayed the fuck out of Myers way. Beyond that, no...his "improvement" is entirely a product of being teamed with Myers. Even I could look NHL worthy paired with him. Remember, in the preseason he looked awful, and didn't start his "rebirth" until Lydman went down and he was given the career-saving gift of Myers.

Tallinder has covered for Myers' awkwardness/inexperience a few times. He's earned a small amount of praise.

VanekKing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:11 am 
Penalty Killer

Tallinder's rejuvinated play comes from 50% more confidence/effort + 50% contract..

KILL OTTAWA

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:14 am 
Star Sniper

To be honest, it's a matter of opinion whether Tallinder has suddenly upgraded his game or has just been the beneficiary of being paired with a superstar in the making. Personally, as long as he doesn't hurt us I could care less which is true.

That said, I do think it's in our best interests to trade him by the deadline and get something while his stock is up. It's a contract year for Hank, and he will not be retained after the season no matter what happens this year.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 am 
Captain Dynasty

End The Curse wrote:
To be honest, it's a matter of opinion whether Tallinder has suddenly upgraded his game or has just been the beneficiary of being paired with a superstar in the making. Personally, as long as he doesn't hurt us I could care less which is true.

That said, I do think it's in our best interests to trade him by the deadline and get something while his stock is up. It's a contract year for Hank, and he will not be retained after the season no matter what happens this year.

It's both. While you can't say that Tallinder's improvement is 100% being paired with Myers, you can't say that Myers presence hasn't helped the two as a tandem tremendously either.

I just wish Rivet would punch them both in the face before games to get them angry.

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:04 am 
Star Sniper

Rivet is The Right Hand of Grier. Grier's Will Be Done.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

icehound wrote:
The Grier jokes are totally making this season!

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:04 am 
Page Side

mechaphil wrote:
icehound wrote:
The Grier jokes are totally making this season!

Yeah they are haha.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Rivet was a Prophet of Grier...he foretold the Grier's return to Buffalo with dire words and strict actions. Now, the Grier has returned and all shall be good in the Garden of Hockey.

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:43 am 
Power Forward

Mike Grier's gas is like catnip to Chuck Norris!!