It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
slesh wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:
Unfortunately our last game was an aborted waste of life after the first period. :(

:lol:

I was just coming into this thread to change the title to "unfasten your seatbelts and light em if you got em".
:D

Well, we do still have 40 games remaining. We need to win more than half of them now.

I'm already starting to disconnect with the season. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm too much of a fair weather fan :cry: , or have become so used to losing (Brewers for most of their existance, Bucks, Bills, Sabres) that I just don't care anymore.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 pm 
Cup Winner

I got that way with the Bills the past two seasons. I watched most of the Bills this year, but I will always be too much of a hockey fan to not watch Buffalo play.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

slesh
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Its always like that. I remember the Bills teams of the late 70's/early to mid 80's. Same thing with the Sabres from 82 to 90 as well.
It comes and goes, its spooky just how cyclical it is in nature, atleast here in Buffalo.

You get used to it as you pass through your 20's and into your 30's, trust me on that. And just think, you younger guys won't have to deal with 4 straight Super Bowl losses, but, unfortunately, most of you I figure are old enough to remember "No Goal" with Hasek and the heartbreaking Carolina series where Defensemen dropped like flies and Buffalo just could no longer hold out.

But trust me on this, there were times back before those events where Buffalo sports fans were pulling their hair out, literally.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:09 pm 
Cup Winner

I'm glad during the Superbowls I was ranging from age 0-4 and I didn't watch hockey with the "No Goal" but the Carolina series did hurt me since I did watch that year.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:10 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

slesh wrote:
With 41 games remaining, fasten your seatbelts fans, cause here we go............

This is the perfect moment in time, not only as a hockey team, but inside those players.
Its time to dig deep........................................I mean; girlfriend deep. If ya know what I mean (sorry to all those stuby 6 inch or less poles).

This team has what it takes to make the playoffs. The question is; "Can they do it"?

Well Sabres fans, I'm calling it now, Buffalo makes the 7th seed.

Anyone care to counter?

You know damn well you don't believe that.

So spare us the phony optimism. Not that I disagree with your true beliefs, though.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

How about not insulting someone's opinions if you happen to disagree?

slesh
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

DieHardFan wrote:
slesh wrote:
With 41 games remaining, fasten your seatbelts fans, cause here we go............

This is the perfect moment in time, not only as a hockey team, but inside those players.
Its time to dig deep........................................I mean; girlfriend deep. If ya know what I mean (sorry to all those stuby 6 inch or less poles).

This team has what it takes to make the playoffs. The question is; "Can they do it"?

Well Sabres fans, I'm calling it now, Buffalo makes the 7th seed.

Anyone care to counter?

You know damn well you don't believe that.

So spare us the phony optimism. Not that I disagree with your true beliefs, though.

I post enough negativity on individual players. Hell, I've even got a number of posts in here (and maybe even some threads, no, definitely some threads) on the subject of "stick a fork in em folks, they're done".

What leads me to be optimistic, even after this past Philly game, is the team itself, on the ice. At times, groups of individuals come together for a common cause. I am hoping (yes, I do not believe it, but hoping none-the-less) that this group finds a way to make the playoffs. My main reason is because I was so optimistic, like most others, that this team would show some stability. Not progress mind you, just stability. And that means making the playoffs in back to back seasons.

Now, its obvious I was wrong in my wishful thinking. But, there are 40 games left, and thats why they play the games DieHardFan.

Reality? Reality is this team is most likely going to acquire a top 4 to 8 draft pick at the current pace.
But then, new ownership in the near future, the trade deadline up and coming, hey, anything can happen.
Like yourself, I'm down right pissed off that Regier dismantled a Cup Contender (for those that blame Quinn, him too). But I love my region, I love my team, and although I speak the way I do about them, after 40 seasons of growing up with them I always carry that twinkle of hope in me that roots for them to pull it out and get it done.

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

Not insulting your opinion Slesh, as Squanto mistakedly insinuates. Just calling you out on the sudden rosy outlook-- I actually agree with your opinions most of the time. But posting that you think they will finish in 7th, which means they'll win close 2/3 of their remaining games, contradicts just about every post and thread you've made this year, which you've admitted... :lol:

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

'Spare us the phony optimism' isn't insulting his opinion?

Ok.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 am 
PP Quarterback

@TJLuckman550

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 am 
Star Sniper

DieHardFan wrote:
Not insulting your opinion Slesh, as Squanto mistakedly insinuates. Just calling you out on the sudden rosy outlook-- I actually agree with your opinions most of the time. But posting that you think they will finish in 7th, which means they'll win close 2/3 of their remaining games, contradicts just about every post and thread you've made this year, which you've admitted... :lol:

It does seem insanely insincere. Like somebody paid him $50 to stop whining and start cheerleading. Or he mistakenly picked up his girlfriends beverage loaded with anti-depressants. :D

Many good jabs to choose from slesh, take your pick. ;)

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

slesh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:54 am 
Franchise Defenseman

X-pensfan wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

It does seem insanely insincere. Like somebody paid him $50 to stop whining and start cheerleading. Or he mistakenly picked up his girlfriends beverage loaded with anti-depressants. :D

Thats why I stopped doing the post game threads X-pens. I was honestly tired of sticking it up individual players asses for poor performances.
But, I always have time for a good "Fire Regier" railing ;) .

I don't know, for as much bitching as I do about the team (my wife thinks I'm going through the longest menstrating cycle she's ever seen :oops: ) I still want to believe that Vanek, Stafford or Pomminville (Fuck Connolly) will show up and net 20 or so goals in the second half of the season.
What makes me want to believe this? Most of the time its Beam and Coke, but there are those off nights when I have to break out the MOHAWK Vodka, since the wife drinks my beam on occasion and doesn't tell me the bottles empty :evil: .

slesh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

This photo looks like he could be Obama's Daddy, no? :lol:

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 pm 
Star Sniper

Looks like we're back in it. Only 6 back(pro-rated). Maybe we need slesh to be positive more often to keep the mojo good. Maybe if you write a post about locking up Regier for the long-term, we will win the cup!

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 pm 
Star Sniper

slesh wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

Thats why I stopped doing the post game threads X-pens. I was honestly tired of sticking it up individual players asses for poor performances.
But, I always have time for a good "Fire Regier" railing ;) .

I don't know, for as much bitching as I do about the team (my wife thinks I'm going through the longest menstrating cycle she's ever seen :oops: ) I still want to believe that Vanek, Stafford or Pomminville (Fuck Connolly) will show up and net 20 or so goals in the second half of the season.
What makes me want to believe this? Most of the time its Beam and Coke, but there are those off nights when I have to break out the MOHAWK Vodka, since the wife drinks my beam on occasion and doesn't tell me the bottles empty :evil: .

The goods news is that Stafford may get 20 in the second half. :o

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 am 
Page Side

They're keeping it interesting. I like Gerbe's past two games.

Funny how much he can get done when he makes the most of his best weapons: his speed and his shot.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Playing on a line with Goose and another big winger helps both by drawing attention away from Mighty Mouse.

Also, Weber and McCormick are certainly keeping me watching. Weber has become a bit of a beast on the blueline and McCormick is in line to be my next jersey provided he stays in Buffalo.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 pm 
Page Side

Right on Phil. Weber is going to be a really good defenseman in this league.

Rud
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I have a feeling my next jersey purchase within the next few seasons will be a number 6. Weber's my kind of d-man.

slesh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
Playing on a line with Goose and another big winger helps both by drawing attention away from Mighty Mouse.

Also, Weber and McCormick are certainly keeping me watching. Weber has become a bit of a beast on the blueline and McCormick is in line to be my next jersey provided he stays in Buffalo.

McCormick is definitely a keeper for a 4th liner.

Weber, been touting him for a couple of years now. Since Funk and Card went the way of the doodoo Weber was a refreshing view from the farm team.
As I keep on stating, Buffalo is very deep on the defensive side, even if they are young they are in a good development system with time to hone their skill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next