It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:30 am 
Franchise Defenseman

With 41 games remaining, fasten your seatbelts fans, cause here we go............

This is the perfect moment in time, not only as a hockey team, but inside those players.
Its time to dig deep........................................I mean; girlfriend deep. If ya know what I mean (sorry to all those stuby 6 inch or less poles).

This team has what it takes to make the playoffs. The question is; "Can they do it"?

Well Sabres fans, I'm calling it now, Buffalo makes the 7th seed.

Anyone care to counter?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 am 
Cup Winner

I say that is perfectly reasonable to guess.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 am 
Captain Dynasty

they lose out and get deregulated to the AHL.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 am 
Superstar Goalie

no

Werpudel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 am 
Rink Rat

you know, the funny thing is it's not out of the question that the Sabres would even make the third seed, seeing how close the standings in the Norhteast are. I'm NOT saying they WILL do it, though, but it's not impossible. Right now there's a good chance for either Boston, Montreal or Buffalo to miss the playoffs AND the third seed by one point. So, it's either win the Northeast or drop out completely. I guess the best we can hope for is that two teams from our division make the playoffs. and right now even that's a stretch...

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 am 
Star Sniper

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 am 
Star Sniper

Fasten our seatbelts? I usually take mine off when I'm coasting into the garage with a blown tire.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 am 
Page Side

I can see Atlanta falling out of the top 8. What I'm not sure about is whether or not the Sabres can overtake the Canes. Montreal will stay ahead of us.

If we sneak into the playoffs, it'll be in the 8th seed thanks to Atlanta tanking and us playing well enough to hold Carolina off.

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Fasten our seatbelts? I usually take mine off when I'm coasting into the garage with a blown tire.

See, thats your problem then. The proper use of a seatbelt is not to take it off until the vehicle comes to a complete stop and the key is out of the ignition, only then can you be sure the belt has done its job to the very end. :D

I mean, really now, many things could happen while your coasting into your garage, like hitting the neibhors cat (Sorry Margo, I honestly didn't see little Ralphy there :shock: ) or hitting the gas pedal by mistake (I worked those 2 summers to pay off the damage to the back wall of the garage dad, so no holding that one over me) or, in the off event that someone pulls in right behind you while your "coasting" and they are going at a rate of speed, on ice, that prevents them NOT hitting the rear end of your 65 GT (dam you Uncle Todd, thanks a bunch for that one)............................

So, in the final analysis, there could have been a better analogy used here........No? :D

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

X-pensfan wrote:

im gonna go in a weird direction here, but that picture fascinates me. an old, defunct, long forgotten amusement park in the middle of what is now a woods/field. long ago, from that exact same spot, it was a hotbed of family entertainment. now, youd never know what that was if that ride wasnt left abandoned.

that stuff always fascinated me.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm 
Star Sniper

You're right slesh. I better re-think my habits, but fortunately I don't usually have a flat tire on my way into the garage.

Side note, When I was in college I was coming home real late and as I turned into the driveway my lights flashed off my mom's cat's eyes. As I pulled in I felt a slight bump, but it was an uneven gravel drive. I didn't care for the cat but still called and waited for five minutes to let the cat in...but it never did. Next day it still wasn't around, but after I got home from classes my little sweet woman neighbor called over to ask about the cat and tell me it was in front of her house....DEAD!!! (as if you didn't already know)

I think the cat started to run inside across the driveway but was blinded to the back end of my car, so it ran underneath, got semi-squashed, and crawled away with it's last living breathes as I yelled, "here kitty kitty". My dad buried it in a secret place, swearing me to never tell my mom what happened. True story!

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:

im gonna go in a weird direction here, but that picture fascinates me. an old, defunct, long forgotten amusement park in the middle of what is now a woods/field. long ago, from that exact same spot, it was a hotbed of family entertainment. now, youd never know what that was if that ride wasnt left abandoned.

It's probably the amusement park in Prypiat.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:

It's probably the amusement park in Prypiat.

i think thats just a ferris wheel, BUT good idea. lemme do some research.

theres an old amusement park on a lake in ohio that is long abandoned, and now its in the woods. you cant tell whats in the woods till you literally walk up on the rollercoasters and ferris wheel, ect. its really eerie to see the pictures.

edit: good catch, aaron! thats exactly what it is.

heres the dogem cars.

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:55 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
You're right slesh. I better re-think my habits, but fortunately I don't usually have a flat tire on my way into the garage.

Side note, When I was in college I was coming home real late and as I turned into the driveway my lights flashed off my mom's cat's eyes. As I pulled in I felt a slight bump, but it was an uneven gravel drive. I didn't care for the cat but still called and waited for five minutes to let the cat in...but it never did. Next day it still wasn't around, but after I got home from classes my little sweet woman neighbor called over to ask about the cat and tell me it was in front of her house....DEAD!!! (as if you didn't already know)

I think the cat started to run inside across the driveway but was blinded to the back end of my car, so it ran underneath, got semi-squashed, and crawled away with it's last living breathes as I yelled, "here kitty kitty". My dad buried it in a secret place, swearing me to never tell my mom what happened. True story!

I did run over the next door neighbors cat, and I did go through the garage wall. The 65 GT was a muscle car, but it was hard to tell through all of the rust. Uncle Todd did knock me, took the bumper right off.

I guess I am just optimistic that they can make the playoffs is all. I am fully aware its a long shot, but, stranger things have happened.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 pm 
Cup Winner

I had seen some pictures of some of the rides there before so I knew it had more then a Ferris wheel.

Plus COD4 had the park, or some of it at least in it's game.

Rud wrote:

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Unfortunately our last game was an aborted waste of life after the first period. :(

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Van_Da_Man wrote:
Unfortunately our last game was an aborted waste of life after the first period. :(

:lol:

I was just coming into this thread to change the title to "unfasten your seatbelts and light em if you got em".
:D

Rud
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Good thing I had my seat belt on, otherwise I would have flown through the windshield after we just crashed into that brick wall.

slesh
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Rud wrote:
Good thing I had my seat belt on, otherwise I would have flown through the windshield after we just crashed into that brick wall.

No doubt Rud, they looked like hammered dogshit out there most of the game.

I cannot wait for changes to occur, this season, like the last 3, show no promise of getting anywhere fast.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:29 pm 
Cup Winner

slesh wrote:
Van_Da_Man wrote:

:lol:

I was just coming into this thread to change the title to "unfasten your seatbelts and light em if you got em".
:D

Well, we do still have 40 games remaining. We need to win more than half of them now.

Rud wrote: