It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

DieHardFan
 Post subject: The Demise of Timmy C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

He is the one guy on this team who truly looks like he's mailed it in. Looks hungover on every shift, not playing with any intensity or desperation, makes lazy passes, doesn't forecheck, etc etc etc. And that was before the smashed nose. After the '05 -'06 playoffs, he became sort of an urban legend, and I admittedly had been drinking the kool-aid the past few years, thinking he could be a real stud, but now have vomited it all up. During this 10 game run of what has been pretty good hockey being played by the team, the disparity between his play and most of the guys out there is astounding. Is there a more invisible guy on the team? Even no-goal Niedermayer and Grier are in the game.

Guess Timmy forgot to read the manual about how you're supposed to play better during a contract year.
At this point, they need to get rid of him before the deadline. Get something, anything for him. He's of no use to us whether we make a playoff push or not. Any GMs out there wearing brewsky goggles?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im really bummed for timmy. he is a player i really like.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I agree with BOTH of the above posts.... sad day....

E X C E L L E N C E

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

The league closed up the play and Connolly started to not be a factor in games.

But the hesitation in shooting until a team sets up its box is just inexcusable. Its a self fulfilling prophesy ...when you hesitate in passing and shooting the puck...you get passes and shots blocked.

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

I think it's more than that, like his head isn't in the game. You watch other skill guys and you see harder work and desperation in their games.

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:11 pm 
Star Sniper

Send him some flowers, the fluorescent scents bring about a fresh outlook.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

DieHardFan wrote:
I think it's more than that, like his head isn't in the game. You watch other skill guys and you see harder work and desperation in their games.

Well, I think he knows he's gone after the season and whatever contract he gets won't be for half of the $4.5M he's making now.

It may not be an up-to-date list, but McCormick and Niedermayer are also FA. Of the 3, the only one I'd resign is McCormick.
Looking a 2011 FA list, there isn't really a lot of center options other than Brad Richard and his $7.8M a year contract.

Connolly and Niedermeyer make $5.75M combined....if we could only unload Hecht's salary.

It's a pipe dream but
Center / LW / RW
Richards - Vanek - Stafford
Roy - Ennis - Pominville
McCormick -Gerbe - Kaleta
Gaustad - Kassian- ???

Would be nice.

Last edited by OldTimeHockey on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:01 am 
Franchise Defenseman

OldTimeHockey wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

Well, I think he knows he's gone after the season and whatever contract he gets won't be for half of the $4.5M he's making now.

It may not be an up-to-date list, but McCormick and Niedermayer are also FA. Of the 3, the only one I'd resign is McCormick.
Looking a 2011 FA list, there isn't really a lot of center options other than Brad Richard and his $7.8M a year contract.

Connolly and Niedermeyer make $5.75M combined....if we could only unload Hecht's salary.

It's a pipe dream but
Center / LW / RW
Roy - Ennis - Pominville
McCormick - Kaleta - Gerbe
Gaustad - Kassian - ???

Would be nice.

I don't think Richards will be going any where... BUT I agree... McCormick stays! Like the Kid...

If there aren't any free agent options, you're going to have to look at trading for a C... although, with Roy, Adam, Goose, McCormick, you'd have 4 centers... although I don't totally love that line up...

You'd probably have to go

ADD SOMEONE VIA TRADE....
Roy
Adam
Goose/McCormick

or

Malkin - for Adam and Pommenville.... yeah right
Roy
Goose
McCormick

E X C E L L E N C E

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:00 am 
PP Quarterback

gr8daygo wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

It's a pipe dream but
Center / LW / RW
Roy - Ennis - Pominville
Gaustad - Kassian - ???

Would be nice.

I don't think Richards will be going any where... BUT I agree... McCormick stays! Like the Kid...

If there aren't any free agent options, you're going to have to look at trading for a C... although, with Roy, Adam, Goose, McCormick, you'd have 4 centers... although I don't totally love that line up...

Roy
Adam
Goose/McCormick

or

Roy
Goose
McCormick

I don't think he's going anywhere either, but i like the idea of just paying for a top line center instead of having to pay him and loose other assets in the process.

As much as I dog Roy...as a $4M and change 2nd line center he's pretty suited for that. Other than Roy who on this team would another team want?

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:53 am 
Franchise Defenseman

OldTimeHockey wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:

It's a pipe dream but
Center / LW / RW
Roy - Ennis - Pominville
Gaustad - Kassian - ???

Would be nice.

Roy
Adam
Goose/McCormick

or

Roy
Goose
McCormick

I don't think he's going anywhere either, but i like the idea of just paying for a top line center instead of having to pay him and loose other assets in the process.

As much as I dog Roy...as a $4M and change 2nd line center he's pretty suited for that. Other than Roy who on this team would another team want?

well... Ennis, TV, Myers, Zack and you might be able to make a case for Pommers, Hecht, Staff, Gerbe.... Looking at Gerbe and Staff current performance and Pommer and Hecht past performance...

With that said... I wouldn't really want to give up Ennis, TV, Myers, Miller, Zack, Roy, Monte...

But other than that... shake it up!?

E X C E L L E N C E

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

well... Ennis, TV, Myers, Zack and you might be able to make a case for Pommers, Hecht, Staff, Gerbe.... Looking at Gerbe and Staff current performance and Pommer and Hecht past performance...

With that said... I wouldn't really want to give up Ennis, TV, Myers, Miller, Zack, Roy, Monte...

But other than that... shake it up!?

True, but like you said, don't want to give up any of those guys. I'd think about Pominville and Hecht, but I don't think their salaries make them easy to trade.

We don't have a lot of RW depth, so loosing anyone will hurt, or maybe I just hold out hope that Pominville will get back to what we hoped he be a few years ago.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

How about we don't turn every thread about a player into a 'free agent / trade / fantasy NHL 11 / madeup bullshit' thread.

If you want to discuss those things take it to the right forum.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:
How about we don't turn every thread about a player into a 'free agent / trade / fantasy NHL 11 / madeup bullshit' thread.

Wow, you really need to get another hobby. you really like calling posters out...usually mods are more calm.

There's not much else to be said about Connolly, so the natural progression in the conversation is what to do about it.

If you think we've violated the COC then confer in your little moderators court and do what you want to do in the first place.

Or you can be a jerk..

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:56 pm 
Hart Winner

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Wow, you really need to get another hobby. you really like calling posters out...usually mods are more calm.

There's not much else to be said about Connolly, so the natural progression in the conversation is what to do about it.

If you think we've violated the COC then confer in your little moderators court and do what you want to do in the first place.

Or you can be a jerk..

You turned a Tim Connolly demise thread to a be a GM in nhl11 thread. He has a right to restore order.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Pfft. I've played NHL11 and saying that you can make these trades is just embarrassing to their new trade engine. ;)

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Or you can be a jerk..

You turned a Tim Connolly demise thread to a be a GM in nhl11 thread. He has a right to restore order.

Restoring order? A moderator should really use the word "bullshit" when discussing how a thread got off track. I've never been on a board where the moderators slag posters in ways that skirt their own COC.

how about, hey guys get back on track. But a mod that rights NHL11 and Bullshit? I think he should think about being a moderator.

That's not what this was about anyways.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Or you can be a jerk..

I'm asking that the thread be kept on topic. I'm sorry that you feel I should be nicer about it.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:41 pm 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
Squanto wrote:

Or you can be a jerk..

I'm asking that the thread be kept on topic. I'm sorry that you feel I should be nicer about it.

You have a really funny way of asking. I mean you don't even ask us to get the thread back on track you just insult us.

That's not how a moderator should act who wants to be taken seriously. I

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Nobody was insulted. I have no idea where you are getting that from.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

If you really want to go back to it, you could probably say that Connolly hasn't been the same since the 06 playoffs