It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 am 
Star Sniper

This team needs to earn a reputation as a dangerous and volatile, badass team.

It's all well and good to do the upstanding thing and defend Miller, after the fact - What needs to be done is a bit of "Philly Style" fucking dirty, dirty play...

The "Old Bruins", before anyone respected them (Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, etc...) had a handful of years where if you so much as looked at them wrong, they would slash you or jump you and pound your head in, for no reason.

Sure, you take a bunch of instigator penalties, and a bunch of fines, and a few suspensions...as well as losing a few games.

But, if teams think that you're dirty and fucked-in-the-head loco...they will not come near you or even dream of trying anything.

They know you're crazy enough to lose a game, just to fuck someone up...they stay way the fuck away.

Only then are you allowed to play good Hockey, without someone thinking they can push you around - We've earned our current rep as namby-pamby's, over the past three seasons. There's a lot to be undone.

There should really be a "payback" we're-going-to-lose-this-one-on-purpose-but-fuck-you-up-really-good game against the Senators, and perhaps the Rangers.

And someone needs to take one for the team, catch a suspension, and punch the piss out of Scotty Gomez. People will learn to remember that WE remember.

Seriously.

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 am 
Power Forward

icehound wrote:
This team needs to earn a reputation as a dangerous and volatile, badass team.

It's all well and good to do the upstanding thing and defend Miller, after the fact - What needs to be done is a bit of "Philly Style" fucking dirty, dirty play...

The "Old Bruins", before anyone respected them (Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, etc...) had a handful of years where if you so much as looked at them wrong, they would slash you or jump you and pound your head in, for no reason.

Sure, you take a bunch of instigator penalties, and a bunch of fines, and a few suspensions...as well as losing a few games.

But, if teams think that you're dirty and fucked-in-the-head loco...they will not come near you or even dream of trying anything.

They know you're crazy enough to lose a game, just to fuck someone up...they stay way the fuck away.

Only then are you allowed to play good Hockey, without someone thinking they can push you around - We've earned our current rep as namby-pamby's, over the past three seasons. There's a lot to be undone.

There should really be a "payback" we're-going-to-lose-this-one-on-purpose-but-fuck-you-up-really-good game against the Senators, and perhaps the Rangers.

And someone needs to take one for the team, catch a suspension, and punch the piss out of Scotty Gomez. People will learn to remember that WE remember.

Seriously.

I couldn't agree more, especially when you consider our Goalie is 6'3" and 165 pounds. He can't be expected to take as much physical abuse as some of the stouter goalies in the league, and he shouldn't have to. I would love to see other teams have more respect for our goalie, especially in our own barn.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:35 pm 
Superstar Goalie

This isn't something that just our team is experiencing as it's been on going around the league since about the 1st and 2nd games of the season. I understand driving the net looking for a loose puck, trying to shovel one in ala Bobby Clarke, but goalies are being run more and more as of late and it needs to stop. The game against the Isles is a prime example that the instigator rule needs to be taken out of the league. You wanna save the goalies, NHL? Let the enforcers have their jobs back and have their way with the idiots who decide to take a run at the net minders. Or maybe for the goalies, give the players in your kitchen a good hack across the laces (It worked for “Battling” Billy Smith). It'll make the crease crashers think twice before they do it again.

Now granted, sometimes the defensemen direct the player into the net by accident or what not, there will be situations which will garner a closer look to see if there was obvious goalie interference or if the D shit the bed but in all honesty, what defensemen in his right mind wants to shovel a guy who is 200+ pounds on top of their goalie possibly hurting him and his team? As a d-man myself, I normally do my best to keep guys out of the crease and away from my goalie and will use any means necessary. It’s worked so far.

The league needs to look at ways to fix this issue. And bringing in that god damn stupid crease rule from the 98-99 season is NOT, I repeat, NOT and option!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:17 pm 
Cup Winner

They need to call more goalie interferences, and the d-men or the fighter on the team regardless needs to beat someone if they crash the goalie.

Just like when Goose ripped the guy off of Miller and started punching him. That is what teams just need to do, especially our team.

You stick up for your goalie, and he will stick up for his team.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BS1970
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I love watching old Billy Smith videos. I am proud to share that name with him.

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:15 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i agree whole heartedly, if a guy runs your goalie, you kill him. i never had a problem with a guy running me over if he lost an edge, or it was a complete accident. you cant tell when its not an accident. but yeah, goose killed him.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i agree whole heartedly, if a guy runs your goalie, you kill him. i never had a problem with a guy running me over if he lost an edge, or it was a complete accident. you cant tell when its not an accident. but yeah, goose killed him.

You can tell or can't?

I'm glad we pounded on Goose, and i think that if Gomez steps anywhere near the crease we should take his freaking head off.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:00 am 
Captain Dynasty

sorry, you can tell. one time a guy came in on a break away, i made the save and he bowled me over into the net and the puck came with me. goal. few times have i ever been so livid.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:47 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

AUD YOU STOLE MY FUCKING GNOME

nnyfan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 pm 
Textbook Grinder

mechaphil wrote:
AUD YOU STOLE MY FUCKING GNOME

I want a gnome like that!!! Its awesome!!

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

You can get 'em at the Sabres Store at the arena. Mine is currently sitting on my coffee table, facing the television and waiting for the game :D

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:22 pm 
Mrs. Miller

I prefer the Sabres teddy bears...THEY HAVE A MILLER ONE!!!

Hockey Night in Buffalo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:23 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I'm a big fan of the Sabres sock monkey...pretty sure Joshua is getting one for his birthday

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:24 pm 
Mrs. Miller

What I haven't seen the sock monkey!!!

Hockey Night in Buffalo

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:25 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well I call it a sock monkey because it's shaped like one and I don't feel like saying "sock monkey-esque poly-blend Sabres velcro-handed monkey"

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 pm 
Star Sniper

...sock-monkey...?

Sounds like something you break out, late at night, when you can't manage to drag a drunk chick home with you...

You gotta wash it regularly, or it gets "crunchy"...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know - I'm a sick fuck...

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:25 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Dude, I'm looking at that toy for my kid! :lol:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:27 pm 
Captain Dynasty

"..fucks the sleeve of his favourite jacket.."

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm