All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

HipKat
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 am 
Garbage Man

From NHL.Com the other day:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5605 ... nd1Series2

"When Derek Roy went out of the Buffalo Sabres' lineup Dec. 23, he was their leading scorer, with 35 points in 35 games.

The torn left quadriceps muscle has sidelined him since then, but he's been on the ice and the possibility remains he could return the lineup at some point during the Sabres' Eastern Conference quarterfinal-round series against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Roy was on the ice for Thursday's optional skate, and while he hasn't been cleared for practice, he continues to ramp up his on-ice activities.

"We're just working on the power, just trying to get power back in the leg, and trying to get my first quick steps in," Roy told reporters. "I think that's the hardest part, coming out of turns and fighting off opponents and whatnot, so I'm going to have to work on that."

It's been believed that the only way Roy would return to the lineup would be if the Sabres at least got to the second round of the playoffs, but the timetable could be speeding up.

Getting Roy back would add to an offense that hasn't produced much in the first four games against the Flyers. They've scored eight goals, but just one each in Games 1 and 4, which they won thanks to shutout performances by goalie Ryan Miller."

more....]