It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am 
Power Forward

http://wgr550.com/Advanced-Stats-Say-Sa ... -/13577716

I mean really WGR. Is Buffalo Sports that boring where you have to bring this up. I wouldn't even think about trading Ennis. To me he is untouchable unless the return coming back is you have to make this deal. Ennis was injured for how many games last season and if he was playing in any of the one's he missed this team would have been in the playoffs. He creates so many chances for himself and others with his playmaking ability.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm 
Hart Winner

No. Do not trade him. He's already a great player, and has the potential to become better. Trading him would be a mistake unless you get someone BIG coming the other way, even then I'm not comfortable trading our best youth player.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm 
Cup Winner

Yea, these guys are idiots. Unless Trading Ennis we land Malkin or someone of that like, we're better of keeping him.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 am 
PP Quarterback

I don't think the point of the article is to say that Ennis needs to be traded. I just saw it as a large glorification to his probably high trade value that he'd probably have if he were on the market.

@TJLuckman550

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:53 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I think the point is that Ennis and Foligno are NOT going to have it so easy as far as who they are playing against next year if they are put on the "top" line. I think they're probably right. Think of the Roy-Vanek-Afinogenov line in 2006-2007. They saw the 3rd lines of other teams and tore it up. I don't think there's any doubt that Afinogenov's trade value was at its hihest then and only went down. I know everyone here is in love wih Foligno, but this guy COULD have a very good point that that line's end of season performance was more fluke than sign of the future. I hope not, but we do need to be realistic. Myers hasn't won or sniffed a Norris Trophy yet despite how much everyone thinks of him. Our players are maybe a little overvalued here.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm 
Superstar Goalie

After years and years of getting excited about players I have learned to just wait and see. If you look back over our history just at this forum you see that nearly every single player to sport the blue and gold has a "THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE A BEAST!!!!!" thread speculating on how amazing their future will be in Buffalo. From Webber to Butler to fucking Hodgson. Now it's Foligno and Ennis. In a week or a month it will be whoever we pick up in the free market. Sometimes it was based on a good month, a great week or a spectacular game. Shit sometimes we do it for guys who hadn't even played here yet. I think that I, like many, have let me hopes for this team shape my predictions rather than observation and rationality. Personally I see only a handful of stars on this team and only one or two potential top 25 stars. I plan on not making a prediction and just waiting for this group of idiots to show me something worth cheering about.

Sorry...rant over. Been a long week! Plus I want hockey season to fucking start already.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 pm 
Hart Winner

To be fair, I've always thought Butler was a hobo. Weber still is a decent defenseman, but I never thought he was going to be OMGWTFBBQNORRIS defenseman. But Ennis, he's already proven that he can score points and he has proven he is talented. He's the real deal. Foligno? Wait and see. But Ennis is good.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I don't agree. He has been wicked streakie and most of his points from what I remember came when he was playing against third line guys. I think he's a great player but not the crazy superstar some (not saying you) have predicted him to be. He's just too tiny.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
I want hockey season to fucking start already.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do know it ended two weeks ago right?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:
I want hockey season to fucking start already.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do know it ended two weeks ago right?

Just saying what we all are feeling man. I mean shit the Sabres have been off for way longer than that. They should be ready for preseason right now. :lol:

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:04 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Wimbledon is on. Once that's over, I'll be in the sports dead zone until the NFL season. I'm maybe a little lucky because my street hockey league goes until mid August. Plus I can play tennis and ride my bike now. There are pluses to not being chained to my TV 3 or 4 times a week.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 pm 
Power Forward

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
I think the point is that Ennis and Foligno are NOT going to have it so easy as far as who they are playing against next year if they are put on the "top" line. I think they're probably right. Think of the Roy-Vanek-Afinogenov line in 2006-2007. They saw the 3rd lines of other teams and tore it up. I don't think there's any doubt that Afinogenov's trade value was at its hihest then and only went down. I know everyone here is in love wih Foligno, but this guy COULD have a very good point that that line's end of season performance was more fluke than sign of the future. I hope not, but we do need to be realistic. Myers hasn't won or sniffed a Norris Trophy yet despite how much everyone thinks of him. Our players are maybe a little overvalued here.

Give him some time he will win one. He had to adjust his play a lot this season since Tallinder left and that was really his only partner in the big show. Regher and Myers weren't the duo we thought they'd be. Add the fact he was hurt.

Myers isn't "overvalued" he's just as valuable as a drew doughty or Duncan keith.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm 
Cup Winner

Foligno will never be a superstar, he is the muscle and grit that line has. He gets to the dirty areas and that's gonna be his job. Don't expect more than 50-60 points out of him and you won't be disappointed. And he only gets those totals if he keeps playing with Ennis and Stafford.

Ennis on the other hand has potential to be a point per game player. If he ever becomes it we need to wait and see, he's still young and this will only be his third season in the NHL coming up.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:10 pm 
Hart Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
I don't agree. He has been wicked streakie and most of his points from what I remember came when he was playing against third line guys. I think he's a great player but not the crazy superstar some (not saying you) have predicted him to be. He's just too tiny.

When he was scoring like crazy he wasn't facing 3rd line guys. How could he? His line started tearing it up, so they played more. They played against the 1st and 2nd lines. And Ennis hasn't been streaky, or at least not streaky enough to notice.