Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:01 am 
Garbage Man

daz28 wrote:
schooner44 wrote:
daz28 wrote:
I'm going to the blue/gold scrimmage tonight. If I have time afterwards I will post some notes.

Please do. I was only in Buffalo until Tuesday morning then I had to come back home otherwise I would have been going to the game tonight.

Okee, here goes.

Foligno- didn't do much, but showed hustle. Seemed to be the natural leader of the group. Manbearpig.

Phil Varone- showed the most hustle, and was the best defensively. Great back-checking. Wouldn't be surprised if he's this years Szechura.

Girgs- GOTY nominee already. Played well, but doesn't have the size to be a D. Brown clone yet. He's further along than anticipated offensively. Needs work defensively.

Grigs- Seemed tired, but did use his body to shield the puck, had good vision, and silky hands on a shootout goal. He's as advertised, but was pretty horrible defensively. A LOT of work to do there if he's to play big club this year.

Armia- Not afraid to stand in front of the net. Dangled a bit too. Overall, he looked great offensively. Was pretty horrid defensively.

F. Roy- speedy little dangler who wasn't afraid to go hard to the net. A possible D. Roy replacement. You'll like him

J. Wise- a 3 goal night, but I'd assume it was uncharacteristic.

B. McNabb- Inner ear infection? Fell down 3 times including a dandy with the skate guards on as the first guy one the ice. He got better as the night went on.

Pysyk- Didn't stand out too much, but he's a stout guy who moved the puck well. He seemed to be working on playing the man. Did rush the puck into the zone once.

Adam- unspectacular, but played well. I guess I expected him to shine, but he was only above average.

Hodgson- Oh baby. Cody showed some good speed. Absolutely undressed and blew by Mcnabb! Can't recall him losing even one faceoff, either.

Tropper- Average to above average, but didn't stand out.

Catenacci- Had a goal and was overall pretty good. Better than most defensively.

Sundher- Played pretty well. Stood out at times.

Nelson, Flynn, Navin and Leduc all showed some stuff at times.

Boychuck and Crawford are both big boys.

J. Kea has good height, but is scrawny and looks like he's 12 years old(but wasn't afraid to try and hit). If he's Goose's replacement, he's years away.

Thanks for all the updates guys. It really helps having people on this board going to these camps and giving us non-media, non-team sponsored statements about what these guys actually look like. I am praying that Grigorenko makes this team and ends up on the top line centering Pommer and Vanek. A center with his size and skill may bring out a 40+ goal season in Vanek again. From all accounts he seems to be equally skilled scorer and setup man. I love that he fell to us as 12. I literally screamed when he fell to us and scared the shit out of the dog.....