Post subject: Sabres Sign Grigorenko
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 pm 
Hart Winner

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400887

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:20 pm 
Cup Winner

I'm excited for this.

Still doesn't mean he's playing here next year, but he'll for sure get his 9 games with the club.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I'm excited for this.

Still doesn't mean he's playing here next year, but he'll for sure get his 9 games with the club.

What?!

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Grigorenko starts with the Sabres next year, and Girgensons will play maybe a few games with Buffalo.

Which is it?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 pm 
Cup Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I'm excited for this.

What?!

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Grigorenko starts with the Sabres next year, and Girgensons will play maybe a few games with Buffalo.

Which is it?

Seeing as he has CHL eligibility left just because he signed this contract doesn't mean he'll be here for the entire year and can go back before 10 games plays without burning a year on his contract.

I fully believe he'll be a Sabre the entire year. But we both know how the Sabres like to operate with their prospects, slow.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I'm excited for this.

What?!

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Which is it?

Seeing as he has CHL eligibility left just because he signed this contract doesn't mean he'll be here for the entire year and can go back before 10 games plays without burning a year on his contract.

I fully believe he'll be a Sabre the entire year. But we both know how the Sabres like to operate with their prospects, slow.

9 games to nail down the pivot between Vanek and Pominville (although I'm kinda learning for Girgs to center that line to take on some of the hits Vanek takes). I don't see him staying here to play 3rd line center, so its top 2 lines or down to Rochester. This is gonna be fun to watch. Looks like someone is getting the Center Ice package this year....that someone would be me.

I just hope that Lindy gives up his deep rooted desire to make every center into Jochen Hecht. If you've got a center who can put up points, who cares if he's the best defender as long as he isn't a liability on the backcheck and doesn't loaf getting back like...ahem Derek Roy. We don't need 4 shutdown lines, we need at least 2 scoring lines.

Here's hoping we go from center light to center heavy by the trade deadline this season.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I'm excited for this.

What?!

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Which is it?

I see what you did there. :p

Grigorenko cannot play in the AHL, so he either does the 9 game stint and goes back to the CHL, or stays.

Girgensons can play in the AHL, so I feel like he's more of a numbers game.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am 
Superstar Goalie

I'll be honest, I haven't a fucking clue what they're going to do with Grigorenko. I think it's pretty clear the intent with Girgensons. Any way you cut it, I'm just fucking excited. Only a few more months...

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 am 
Cup Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
I'll be honest, I haven't a fucking clue what they're going to do with Grigorenko. I think it's pretty clear the intent with Girgensons. Any way you cut it, I'm just fucking excited. Only a few more months...

Same here. I really want Grigorenko to start and stay with the Sabres and I fully believe he will do it.

But we obviously have no idea, the kid has so much talent waiting to be put into the NHL. 3rd best rated North American Skater last year, kid has all the talent out there.

Rud wrote:

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:55 am 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:

Same here. I really want Grigorenko to start and stay with the Sabres and I fully believe he will do it.

But we obviously have no idea, the kid has so much talent waiting to be put into the NHL. 3rd best rated North American Skater last year, kid has all the talent out there.

That doesn't always mean that he's capable of making the jump the way a Crosby or Tavares does. He's going to get hit harder and have to make faster decisions...

He's good, but is he scary good? ;)

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm 
Power Forward

NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:

That doesn't always mean that he's capable of making the jump the way a Crosby or Tavares does. He's going to get hit harder and have to make faster decisions...

Oh he's scary good. For him 50 points or so is accomplishable but 102? Doubt it. But he will progress and improve year after year. He should be up most if not all of next season if there is one that is.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm 
Cup Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:

I'll never expect a Crosby, OV, or Malkin type of first season from this kid.

But a first season comparable to Stamkos is fine with me. Tavares didn't even have a fantastic rookie year either 54 points in 82 games, if you are comparing him to Crosby then we'll be disappointed with him.

If he stays the entire year and can put up 45+ points, I'm fully content with it, he'll learn the game and get better, stronger, and faster, and figure the NHL out.

I'm just excited and anxious for next season.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i love the rumours now swirling that grigenko is 20, not 18.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:15 pm 
Hart Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i love the rumours now swirling that grigenko is 20, not 18.

i thought only Chinese athletes lie about their age

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm 
Captain Dynasty

lot of latin baseball players do.

its just a rumour. guess who posted on it today? hockeyyinsiderr

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm 
Hart Winner

lol hockeyinsiderr is a crock of shit. Didn't he get like 3 rumors dead wrong already?

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 am 
PP Quarterback

HockeyyInsiderr is reporting a rumor that was floated around a few months ago. This was a concern before the draft, and was one of the many reasons teams decided they didn't want him (among other things, such as just simply being Russian.)

So he's 20. I fail to see what this says about Grigorenko other than that he's older. Whoop-dee-do.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 am 
Hart Winner

i highly doubt this rumor holds any weight.