It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Tweets by John Vogl, Kevin Snow, and soon to be fucking everyone else. Legit, ladies and gents.

"Darcy Regier announces Mikhail Grigorenko will be on Sabres' final roster. Nathan Gerbe, Cody McCormick to start on IR."

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/292326242743619584

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

5 game tryout it would seem....any sense what will happen beyond that?
Is it just too hard to get a feel without preseason games?

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

My gut say he stays. From the scrimmage and one practice I caught, he doesn't look out of place at all. In the scrimmage, which was a really good pace, he was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the ice.

Some defensive questions, but what 18 year old center doesn't?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm 
Cup Winner

Squanto wrote:
My gut say he stays. From the scrimmage and one practice I caught, he doesn't look out of place at all. In the scrimmage, which was a really good pace, he was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the ice.

Some defensive questions, but what 18 year old center doesn't?

Especially coming from the defensively challenged Q also.

He made the first step, now if he's on the team after 6 games, he won't go back, and I hope he plays like a Calder Trophy winner, thus winning it.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

What I like about this is by starting him on the third line, it'll let his game (both offensively and defensively) adapt as he finds his footing

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
What I like about this is by starting him on the third line, it'll let his game (both offensively and defensively) adapt as he finds his footing

Same here. Unless Ennis or Hodgson get's injured, he should play it out on the third line. Unless a top 6 winger is sucking and he's tearing it up.

I'd love to see him play between Vanek and Pommers though. Or between Ennis and Stafford if that line struggles at all.

Just thinking of the possible lines right now are making me so anxious to watch them play.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm 
Power Forward

Will he get time on the PP?

Honestly cannot wait to see this guy play. I live in British Columbia so I cant catch a practice or anything just dying to see this guy play.

Rud
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Having an 18 year old kid crack the roster straight out of juniors is very exciting.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 am 
PP Quarterback

Honestly, being on the 3rd line doesn't seem right for him. He's a guy who's used to big minutes every night, a guy that the Remparts rely on. Having his ice time drastically decreased might decrease his rhythm, confidence, etc.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 am 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Honestly, being on the 3rd line doesn't seem right for him. He's a guy who's used to big minutes every night, a guy that the Remparts rely on. Having his ice time drastically decreased might decrease his rhythm, confidence, etc.

Being in the NHL on a top line, his rhythm would be decreased anyway since it's a lot tougher. The third line looks great, Ott, Lenio, and Grigorenko. We're going to be playing that line all night because of the energy AND the talent. It's fine, to me.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:17 pm 
Cup Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
Will he get time on the PP?

Honestly cannot wait to see this guy play. I live in British Columbia so I cant catch a practice or anything just dying to see this guy play.

Probably, you don't just not give him the time.

Most likely on the second unit, but a few minutes here and there of PP time would do great. We have so many options with our lineup right now with him making the team. I'm sure we will see many different looks with the team.

Rud wrote:

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm 
Power Forward

So Grigorenko seems invisible out there. Think he'll be sent back to Jr's ? Or does he stay up ?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm 
Cup Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
So Grigorenko seems invisible out there. Think he'll be sent back to Jr's ? Or does he stay up ?

Being invisible means he's not making glaring mistakes.

He has made some good plays and had some chances with his linemates.

Only mistake I've seen was where he didn't get the puck out over the line last night. But then again, he didn't just throw it down the ice for a third or fourth straight icing with a tired group of forwards. But even if he had gone over the line and brought it back in, the offside rule doesn't apply anymore since he brought it back over the line.

Rud wrote:

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm 
Power Forward

Well offensively I mean. Does it have to do with Leino being out?

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I agree, i've really not noticed him much at all. How many minutes has he been getting? Someone who knows where stats like that are located should....go locate them. And then come here and tell us. And also don't do that "let me google that for you", dammit.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm 
Cup Winner

YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
I agree, i've really not noticed him much at all. How many minutes has he been getting? Someone who knows where stats like that are located should....go locate them. And then come here and tell us. And also don't do that "let me google that for you", dammit.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8476888

11:13 minutes in the first game and 13 minutes in the second game. He has 56ish in faceoff percentage though.

And he's getting around 40 seconds of PP time a game.

Pretty much, don't expect huge points from the guy just yet. He's still just getting acclimated to the NHL. As long as his minutes either keep going up and not down, he's gonna stay on this team this year.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 pm 
Captain Dynasty

rumor is hes being returned to juniors.

just a rumor at this point. something to keep an eye out for it.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm 
Cup Winner

He only had 6:48 of time tonight in 7 shifts. And 11:47 last night. I really liked his game last night though. And obviously tonight he wasn't on the ice long enough to get a judge.

Rud wrote:

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
rumor is hes being returned to juniors.

just a rumor at this point. something to keep an eye out for it.

Warning : Unsourced Mike Rumor. :)

I think he stays. He's fit in, he's played well, and frankly he's been better than some of the other roster players. The points will come.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Squanto wrote:
he's played well.

I've seen at least a giveaway a game from him and he has a penchant for blind passes...which aren't working.

Does he suck? No.
Has he earned a roster spot? IMO also No.