All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
PatGreen wrote:
ennis is not and will never be better than roy.

I call BS big time.

'11-12:

Roy 17 goals in 80 games
Ennis 15 goals in 48 games.

Roy was great as a 3rd liner playing against 5-6 D-men, but he's a dogshit giveaway machine against top competition. His point production has declined every year since '07-08(something you NEVER want to see). This year 4 games, no goals. The only time he was really impressive was his injury shortened season. Maybe w/o the injury your statement would have been correct, but fuck coulda,woulda, and shoulda. I'd argue with FES last season, Ennis was very impressive, not to mention he's still very young. We've already seen Roy's best hockey.

Any good Roy does defensively is immediately overridden by the fact he gives the puck right back.

talk to me about comparative ages. when roy was 24, he was in the middle of 4 straight 60+ point seasons. let's see what happens in 2 years with ennis.

ennis = afinogenov. he isn't going to play the game with his style working forever.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm 
Hart Winner

Ennis isn't Afinogenov because he actually passes the puck.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm 
PP Quarterback

afiniogenov did when he was young. i hope i'm wrong, i do. i like ennis.

daz28
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 am 
Star Sniper

PatGreen wrote:
daz28 wrote:
PatGreen wrote:
ennis is not and will never be better than roy.

I call BS big time.

'11-12:

Roy 17 goals in 80 games
Ennis 15 goals in 48 games.

Roy was great as a 3rd liner playing against 5-6 D-men, but he's a dogshit giveaway machine against top competition. His point production has declined every year since '07-08(something you NEVER want to see). This year 4 games, no goals. The only time he was really impressive was his injury shortened season. Maybe w/o the injury your statement would have been correct, but fuck coulda,woulda, and shoulda. I'd argue with FES last season, Ennis was very impressive, not to mention he's still very young. We've already seen Roy's best hockey.

Any good Roy does defensively is immediately overridden by the fact he gives the puck right back.

talk to me about comparative ages. when roy was 24, he was in the middle of 4 straight 60+ point seasons. let's see what happens in 2 years with ennis.

ennis = afinogenov. he isn't going to play the game with his style working forever.

So throw a spear at his best season, then throw a small hoop around the years closest to it, and that's it?(insert my cousin vinny jpeg here) Then throw out everything after when he faced tough competition? I don't think so.

If Afiniogenov ever tried to play center, he would be a freaking joke, so I have no idea that comparison. Enzo is a lot closer to a quicker Roy clone than he is a skate into oblivion then lose the puck assclown.