It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 am 
PP Quarterback

1/3rd of the season is over and the Sabres are 6-9-1.
They allow the most shots/game in the league and 3.38 goals/game.
The Sabres are 11th in shots/game and 10th in goals/game with 2.81.

My estimate is that they would have to go at least 18-10-4 for the rest of the season in order to make the playoffs. I don't think Vanek can keep his league leading scorer rate (Pomminville has already cooled off).

I guess they won't be as bad for the rest of the season, but once again they screwed it up in the first part.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am 
Power Forward

It's not as bad as it looks. we are only 4 pts out. vanek was never gonna win the scoring race. only real chance we have is if miller plays lights out, and honestly i don't see that happening. with ruff behind bench nothings gonna happen. we will be down in the dumps for awhile and honestly its pretty sad because i'm sure poms vanek and miller all want to win and we have this year and next to make some headway before they are ufa's.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 am 
Cup Winner

Our D still needs to improve. Myers has improved and so has the other guys. But we really do need to limit the turnovers in our own zone. Biggest reason we lost Sunday.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I'm of the long term approach here. All of my love for this team wants to see them win this season but the logical part whispers "Man....if they can just tank and stay at the bottom it puts more pressure on ownership for a change behind the bench."

It would be heart gutting to see but I think the best thing for this team is finishing in last place. No more middle of the pack finishes resulting in minor tweaks. No more "Barely missed out" finishes to give the inevitable Darcy and Lindy excuses plausibility. A deep downward spiral is needed and for the love of god shoot the fucking pilot so the plane can't be righted at the last minute to give anyone "hope". Fuck hope and change from within. I want a complete, epic shitting of the bed so there is no way Darcy and Lindy can wiggle out and point fingers. No more C's on the report card, I want an across the board row of 'F's, mandatory summer school and an emergency parent teacher conference.

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

After the 1st period, I usually go find something more entertaining to do.

:p

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
Power Forward

Displaced Fan wrote:
I'm of the long term approach here. All of my love for this team wants to see them win this season but the logical part whispers "Man....if they can just tank and stay at the bottom it puts more pressure on ownership for a change behind the bench."

It would be heart gutting to see but I think the best thing for this team is finishing in last place. No more middle of the pack finishes resulting in minor tweaks. No more "Barely missed out" finishes to give the inevitable Darcy and Lindy excuses plausibility. A deep downward spiral is needed and for the love of god shoot the fucking pilot so the plane can't be righted at the last minute to give anyone "hope". Fuck hope and change from within. I want a complete, epic shitting of the bed so there is no way Darcy and Lindy can wiggle out and point fingers. No more C's on the report card, I want an across the board row of 'F's, mandatory summer school and an emergency parent teacher conference.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Time to fuck up and get stacked up like the penguins and oilers