All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Vanek_Fanatic_26
 Post subject: Re: Lindy Fired
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
And Sulzer playing it right is the wrong thing to do apparently. Him and Miller thought Kessel was going to shoot and he passed instead. I thought Kessel was going to shoot too, he fooled everyone.

Sulzer's stick was moved since he didn't want to deflect the puck into the net.

The textbook answer to that: On a 2-in-1, the goalie takes the shot, the defensman takes the pass. Miller played it correctly. He relied on Sulzer to stop the pass. The pass jumped over his stick, van Riemsdyk had the open net.

I've watched the play a few times. MY only gripe is Sulzer allowed them to level with him too much. Other than that, not much he could have done.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:03 pm 
Hart Winner

Kessel would've gotten the best defensemen with that move.

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm 
Star Sniper

Just want to reiterate it's not how he played it that bothered me, it's how he LOOKED playing it(the same way he ALWAYS looks playing a rush). Some people may not understand that, but it also seems some people are just staunch to defend the guy. He's a 5-6 at best, and works out ideally in a #7 role. Defending him on this ONE play does not put him in the All-Star game, either.

Could this thread be any more derailed??

...or maybe failing to play Sulzer moar is what got Lindy fired? jk

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm 
Hart Winner

I'm mainly defending my point that Sulzer has been one of our best defensemen, if not the best. Myers has blown, Sekera got hurt and blew, Brennan blew, Weber has been average, Leopold has blown, Regher has been average, Sulzer and Ehrhoff have been the only decent ones...

daz28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:
I'm mainly defending my point that Sulzer has been one of our best defensemen, if not the best. Myers has blown, Sekera got hurt and blew, Brennan blew, Weber has been average, Leopold has blown, Regher has been average, Sulzer and Ehrhoff have been the only decent ones...

I guess he does look good compared to the trash heap we have, but Ehrhoff has been our best, so being paired with him isn't hurting him. Ehrhoff-Sekera is about the only 2 I'm ok with, and luckily there's only one more guy(Myers) signed next year. The bad thing is there won't be a lot of funds to replace everyone(but at least we'll have Leino on the 3rd line haha). If we can trade Myers and buyout Leino, that will free up some cash for Darcy to try again. Not sure I wanna give up on Tyler yet, but I'm getting there fast.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I personally haven't seen anything remarkable about Sulzer. The only player that has stuck out from the shit mountain we have for a D has been Erhoff. The rest are lost fucking puppies. In my most humble of opinions.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
And Sulzer playing it right is the wrong thing to do apparently. Him and Miller thought Kessel was going to shoot and he passed instead. I thought Kessel was going to shoot too, he fooled everyone.

Sulzer's stick was moved since he didn't want to deflect the puck into the net.

The textbook answer to that: On a 2-in-1, the goalie takes the shot, the defensman takes the pass. Miller played it correctly. He relied on Sulzer to stop the pass. The pass jumped over his stick, van Riemsdyk had the open net.

I've watched the play a few times. MY only gripe is Sulzer allowed them to level with him too much. Other than that, not much he could have done.

He did take the pass away. He played it right until Kessel faked that shot and slid it over. Unless Sulzer was not facing the play his stick wasn't going to be in the passing lane.

And with Myers, he's been playing way better since his benching. If you Don't agree fine, but he's not making the boneheaded moves and turnovers he has been making. Only questionable thing he really did the last game was hit the guy on the powerplay in front of the net. Other than that, his play has been actually fine these past few games. He has been one of the only D-men to carry the puck up the ice and get it out of the zone and not do that stupid pass the puck across the ice up the middle every time.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I guess he does look good compared to the trash heap we have, but Ehrhoff has been our best, so being paired with him isn't hurting him. Ehrhoff-Sekera is about the only 2 I'm ok with, and luckily there's only one more guy(Myers) signed next year. The bad thing is there won't be a lot of funds to replace everyone(but at least we'll have Leino on the 3rd line haha). If we can trade Myers and buyout Leino, that will free up some cash for Darcy to try again. Not sure I wanna give up on Tyler yet, but I'm getting there fast.

Meh, I guess I'm defending Sulzer's play because he was a minor league player before he got here. I don't hold him to a high standard.