It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Displaced Fan
 Post subject: Ron Rolston
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Local news is saying that he is on his way to Buffalo. Looking for a solid source. Okay local guys, I know nothing about him other than he is Brian Rolston's brother.

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Re: Ron Rolston
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm 
Cup Winner

Check his Wiki.

Quote:
-Guided the Amerks to a 36-26-10-4 record and a berth in the Calder Cup Playoffs in 2011-12, his first season behind the Rochester bench
-A 2011 Bob Johnson Award recipient, which recognizes excellence in international competition during a season
-A three-time gold-medal winner at the International Ice Hockey Federation U-18 World Championships in 2005, 2009 and most recently in 2011
-During the 2010-11 season, he led Team USA to titles in the 2011 Five Nations Tournament and in the 2010 Four Nations Cup
-Led the U.S. National Under-17 team to the 2009-10 campaign World Hockey Challenge title, its first since 2002
-In 2008-09, led the U.S. National Under-18 Team to first-place finishes at both the 2008 Men’s Under-18 Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., and 2009 Under-18 Five Nations Tournament in Sweden
-Also served as HC coach for the U.S. National Junior Team on two occasions, helping Team USA to a bronze medal at the 2007 IIHF World Junior Championship in Sweden
-Led Team USA to a silver medal at the 2007 IIHF U-18 tournament
-Won NCAA National Championships in 1992 and 1994 with Lake Superior State University, a team he also guided to three straight appearances in the NCAA National Championship game and four CCHA tournament titles in his five-year stint
-Perhaps the most decorated coach in NTDP history, Rolston-led teams have never missed the championship game in either of the major NTDP tournaments, the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge and International Ice Hockey Federation World Under-18 Championship. In the 4 IIHF U-18 Championships that he his teams have competed in, they have brought home 3 golds and a silver medal. [4]

-2/20/2013 name interim coach of the Buffalo Sabres

He's been pretty successful.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabres323
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm 
Rink Rat

Got a question since he is interim Head coach can he bring in his own coaching staff or does he have to use the ones Ruff left behind.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm 
Cup Winner

sabres323 wrote:
Got a question since he is interim Head coach can he bring in his own coaching staff or does he have to use the ones Ruff left behind.

Rolston will travel with Regier to Toronto and meet with the players Wednesday night. Decisions about the future of the rest of the coaching staff will be made on that trip.

That tidbit was on one of the NHL.com articles. It looks like Rolston can change any of the assistants if deemed necessary.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:54 pm 
resident car guy

I've liked Rolston in Rochester. He's gotten a lot out of this team and puts guys in position to succeed.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Great with young players, and that's what the team has a lot of