It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Displaced Fan
 Post subject: Fixes For The Future
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Aside from intangible things like heart, unity, guts and drive I see some things that should be priorities moving forward.

1. Turnovers. Helping and using your teammates for help in getting the puck off the boards and out of our zone.

2. Entering the offensive zone. We need to work on this so we can get consistency in getting and sustaining pressure.

3. Passes. Just plain and sloppy passes this year have led to all sorts of nightmare breakdowns.

4. Taking a bloody wrister from the point instead of ALWAYS winding up for a giant slapshot. We have the men who are willing to get in front of the goalie, wristers are more accurate...use them. The bonus here is Pommers may go through fewer sticks.

5. Power plays. We suck. It needs to be fixed.

So what are your thoughts?

BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: Fixes For The Future
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:15 pm 
Hart Winner

yeah.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm 
Power Forward

All of the above my friend. Good job.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stop the soft clears up the boards on the PK.

Teams cheat and play so far up against the wall they're practically in the stands. Watch a good PK team and how they just hammer the puck out and not tee it up for point man. Yeah, I'm talking to you Regher and Ehrhoff especially.

We could cut 4-5 shots a game out that way and man-advantage shots. Even pad PP teams get shots on their PP against us ...and good ones. The teams with good PP get outstanding scoring chances.

Because of where I like I watch a lot of Bruins games...they just seem to make the simple play of pinning the puck against the boards...waste a few seconds and them hammer it out of the zone.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm 
Power Forward

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Stop the soft clears up the boards on the PK.

Teams cheat and play so far up against the wall they're practically in the stands. Watch a good PK team and how they just hammer the puck out and not tee it up for point man. Yeah, I'm talking to you Regher and Ehrhoff especially.

We could cut 4-5 shots a game out that way and man-advantage shots. Even pad PP teams get shots on their PP against us ...and good ones. The teams with good PP get outstanding scoring chances.

Because of where I like I watch a lot of Bruins games...they just seem to make the simple play of pinning the puck against the boards...waste a few seconds and them hammer it out of the zone.

yup i noticed that also. they just play a simple game. everyones doing there job

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:50 pm 
Hart Winner

So when we reach the draft, and have what I'm expecting a high draft pick, what do we pick? D? Offense?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
So when we reach the draft, and have what I'm expecting a high draft pick, what do we pick? D? Offense?

If we have a high draft pick, say 1, we go with the clear number one.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

If we have a high draft pick, say 1, we go with the clear number one.

Luckily, at this moment, that spot belongs to defenseman Seth Jones.

@TJLuckman550

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 pm 
Power Forward

I think we will get a top 5, barring any miracle runs we usually cook up in the 2nd half of the season. However I doubt we'd get the #1 pick, Columbus is pretty bad.

With this years draft being pretty deep anyone think it's time we sell off some of our main guys for another 1 or 2 top picks?

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:00 pm 
Cup Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
I think we will get a top 5, barring any miracle runs we usually cook up in the 2nd half of the season. However I doubt we'd get the #1 pick, Columbus is pretty bad.

With this years draft being pretty deep anyone think it's time we sell off some of our main guys for another 1 or 2 top picks?

Really depends on how we finish. If we go on another crazy run I'd say keep our spot unless we can get top 5 position without getting rid of some key guys.

The only thing is, unless these top picks are certainly NHL ready, I don't want to rush them into the game. But without Ruff, they won't get destroyed and ruined, hopefully.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

Isn't the worst team's chances now 25% instead of 48% under the new rules? So if we have the worst record, the lowest we can pick is 2nd as no team can drop more than 1 place?

So Jones or Drouin?