It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Myers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am 
Power Forward

Think he will ever get his game back? Been quite sometime since I've seen the Myers of old...

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm 
Cup Winner

He's been a lot better since his benching. He hasn't made some of the very stupid plays he had been doing.

He's carrying the puck better and playing more physical, people still think he's making these retarded plays, which quite frankly he isn't doing anymore. From what I've seen from him, he;s been one of our better D men the last few games.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 am 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
He's been a lot better since his benching. He hasn't made some of the very stupid plays he had been doing.

He's carrying the puck better and playing more physical, people still think he's making these retarded plays, which quite frankly he isn't doing anymore. From what I've seen from him, he;s been one of our better D men the last few games.

I recall him throwing the puck straight in front of the net, just giving it to a Toronto player in front. Miller made the save, but damn that play was dumb.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 am 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

I recall him throwing the puck straight in front of the net, just giving it to a Toronto player in front. Miller made the save, but damn that play was dumb.

I didn't see that one in the first two periods I went and specifically skipped to when Myer's was on the ice.

I haven't went back through the third period.

If you were talking about the one in the opening minute, that was by Brennan, I don't recall any other puck thrown to the net by our D in that game.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm 
Captain Dynasty

skyline hit it for the most part. myers has been better. IMO.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
skyline hit it for the most part. myers has been better. IMO.

And in no way am I saying he's a stud and playing Norris worthy. He's just been maiking the simply plays that made him a Calder winner. And he has been more physical too.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

he needs to work on his positioning. seriously, thats a major flaw of his. if he fixes it, poof! 99% of his problems disappear.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:39 pm 
Superstar Goalie

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
he needs to work on his positioning. seriously, thats a major flaw of his. if he fixes it, poof! 99% of his problems disappear.

I couldn't agree more, man. I think overall, his play has improved recently and although he had that play at the blue line late in the 2nd, he rebounded with a huge return by staying with the play and getting the puck back. Also, scoring that goal tonight is an added bonus in the confidence department.

Granted, I'm not in the NHL (Obviously) but playing D is one bitch of a position, next to playing goal where if a goal is scored, you are harped on almost unmercifully. He’s still learning the ropes and just because you win the Calder in your rookie year, does NOT make you the next Bobby Orr. He’ll get back to where he needs to be.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 pm 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

I couldn't agree more, man. I think overall, his play has improved recently and although he had that play at the blue line late in the 2nd, he rebounded with a huge return by staying with the play and getting the puck back. Also, scoring that goal tonight is an added bonus in the confidence department.

Granted, I'm not in the NHL (Obviously) but playing D is one bitch of a position, next to playing goal where if a goal is scored, you are harped on almost unmercifully. He’s still learning the ropes and just because you win the Calder in your rookie year, does NOT make you the next Bobby Orr. He’ll get back to where he needs to be.

Same here, D is a hard position to play, it's all about your reads on the guys in front of you and being in position.

I've been burned plenty of times while playing D, you just learn not to do certain times over time. That's especially true when I moved up to a higher level last Fall. Had to learn a faster game with better players and knowing what to do.

He'll get it back. His game tonight has been simple again. I really think Rolston, if he stays, can get it back out from Myers as he is great with younger guys.

Rud wrote:

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm 
PP Quarterback

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

This couldn't be more true. Too often, his positioning leads to someone easily getting behind him.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 pm 
Cup Winner

I am liking his game much more than early in the season. Seems way more confident and he was using his stick very well against Florida tonight. Knocked away a few pucks at the blueline. And definitely like his more physical play too this year.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:32 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hes starting to get it back, little by little. good play is contagious. if he keeps it up...

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

1st period, heard nothing bad about myers play. which means hes playing solidly.