It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

OldTimeHockey
 Post subject: You Pick the GM.....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

Say Darcy is out (not gonna happen) but say Darcy's out ... who do you hire for the Sabres GM job?

I'm looking around and see a number of names and see a number I don't like like Craig Button, etc...

This article is a bit interesting.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/allen/story/2012-03-15/nhl-general-manager-candidates/53562872/1

Been Googling Jason Botterill and Claude Loiselle and they seems interesting along with the former Detroit players.

Funny how several of these guys who were former players now have law degrees.

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Re: You Pick the GM.....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 am 
Power Forward

I like Botteril, McGuire, Hextall, or Keator

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am 
PP Quarterback

Brian Burke, please.

@TJLuckman550

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

me.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:43 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Brian Burke, please.

I agree with this, 100% and completely.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
me.

Just make me a scout or a VP or President of something.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 am 
PP Quarterback

Montalo wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Brian Burke, please.

I agree with this, 100% and completely.

X3

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 am 
Captain Clutch

I don't want Burke at all. Yes toronto has looked better this year but look at all the dumb ass moves he's made while he was there. The ONLY reason they are any good is they have a coach now.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:39 am 
PP Quarterback

patkane88 wrote:
I don't want Burke at all. Yes toronto has looked better this year but look at all the dumb ass moves he's made while he was there. The ONLY reason they are any good is they have a coach now.

Still doesn't explain the success of the Canucks during his tenure and their continued success with 4 players he drafted (Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa, who have all been all-stars).

While he didn't really build the Ducks, he made the moves necessary for them to put them over the top, mainly Pronger. He then traded Pronger for a fortune to Philly.

And finally, let's not forget: Burke hired the coach leading the Leafs right now. The only thing that truly failed over his tenure in Toronto were Mike Komisarek and Jonas Gustavson. Kessel only looks bad because of how bad the Leafs finished, yielding two top picks for the Bruins. At the same time, Burke got Lupul, who turned into an all-star and made the Kessel move worthwhile. Phaneuf has been a pretty good player for them.

@TJLuckman550

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am 
Superstar Goalie

Although I think he's a boisterous ass-hat, his resume does speak for itself. In Toronto, he had to answer to a ridiculous amount of people on the board with whatever moves he wanted to make which can be a headache all in its own. Also, there is a lot of pressure in Toronto to perform at the most elite level. He could have landed a player like Crosby and fans would flood the streets with ejaculate. The first time Crosby would have a stinker of a game; those same fans would be coming after Burkie with pitchforks, as we’ve seen with some moves that may not have panned out in the past. My only fear is that if he came to Buffalo, we’ve got some pretty high demands for a winning product as well, and for every knowledgeable/reasonable fan, there are about 5-7 retards who think NHL13 trades can happen in real life. Basically, trading John Scott and a 5th round pick for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, and if Burke doesn’t try to pursue that type of a move, we’ll hear how shitty of a GM he is.

As for whom I want as GM? I honestly have no bat shit clue.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:
Although I think he's a boisterous ass-hat, his resume does speak for itself. In Toronto, he had to answer to a ridiculous amount of people on the board with whatever moves he wanted to make which can be a headache all in its own. Also, there is a lot of pressure in Toronto to perform at the most elite level. He could have landed a player like Crosby and fans would flood the streets with ejaculate. The first time Crosby would have a stinker of a game; those same fans would be coming after Burkie with pitchforks, as we’ve seen with some moves that may not have panned out in the past. My only fear is that if he came to Buffalo, we’ve got some pretty high demands for a winning product as well, and for every knowledgeable/reasonable fan, there are about 5-7 retards who think NHL13 trades can happen in real life. Basically, trading John Scott and a 5th round pick for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, and if Burke doesn’t try to pursue that type of a move, we’ll hear how shitty of a GM he is.

As for whom I want as GM? I honestly have no bat shit clue.

Those trades don't work anymore in NHL 13, you need to have similar trade value for them to work.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.