It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:27 pm 
Hart Winner

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420304

Hey, bud, those fans who boo don't pay a minimum of $64 just to watch the other team have their sloppy way with you guys for minutes at a time. It's become normal play for the Sabres to be trapped in their zone like it's a fuckin' powerplay, I'm pretty sure that's a good reason to boo. Or the fact that we haven't won a cup. And it's been over forty years. But you know. Whatever.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:02 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:

Hey, bud, those fans who boo don't pay a minimum of $64 just to watch the other team have their sloppy way with you guys for minutes at a time. It's become normal play for the Sabres to be trapped in their zone like it's a fuckin' powerplay, I'm pretty sure that's a good reason to boo. Or the fact that we haven't won a cup. And it's been over forty years. But you know. Whatever.

I sort of see where he's coming from. The specific thing he's talking about stems from being booed when the team had a lead against New Jersey on Sunday, and fans booed when they were hemmed in the zone and just couldn't get it out. I agree with him in a sense where in that situation, booing isn't helping anything. They're winning the damn game. They are plenty aware they need to get out of the zone.

If they're losing the game 5-0, and Ott is still saying something, then yeah, he can shut the hell up, but I agree with him in the sense that in that situation, the team needs the crowd's help, not the crowd's ire.

Seeing as the FNC gives no help when necessary, he's fighting a losing battle.

Edit: Next time we're all wondering why players don't want to come to Buffalo, this certainly may be one of the reasons, on top of the team not being a winner.

@TJLuckman550

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 pm 
Penalty Killer

+1

But nobody wants to listen to us, do they? ;)

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:23 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I sort of see where he's coming from. The specific thing he's talking about stems from being booed when the team had a lead against New Jersey on Sunday, and fans booed when they were hemmed in the zone and just couldn't get it out. I agree with him in a sense where in that situation, booing isn't helping anything. They're winning the damn game. They are plenty aware they need to get out of the zone.

If they're losing the game 5-0, and Ott is still saying something, then yeah, he can shut the hell up, but I agree with him in the sense that in that situation, the team needs the crowd's help, not the crowd's ire.

Seeing as the FNC gives no help when necessary, he's fighting a losing

And BTW, Leafs fans boo, Montreal fans boo, Vancouver fans boo, hell, two of those had cities that rioted. Players go there.
Edit: Next time we're all wondering why players don't want to come to Buffalo, this certainly may be one of the reasons, on top of the team not being a winner.

We did not deserve to win that game. It happened multiple times, Miller WAS and still IS our team.

When it happens every game they obviously don't give enough of a shit to change anything. There's SOME laziness happening. I don't see this from any other team, the difference is we have Miller. If there's one guy I wouldn't boo it's Millzie.

Bottom line, fans can boo if they want. We've sucked all season, we're barely within playoff contention... If fans want to boo they can boo.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 pm 
Hart Winner

And fans have gone through a lockout for half the year and a shitty team that in all rights shouldn't be shitty, for the other half. All of that on top of spending 60-100 dollars per ticket, and you've got yourself immunity to boo. Because getting the boo boos is 10x better than what the fans went through.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Maybe it doesn't come across on TV, but all I hear from the FNC crowd is either silence or booing....except when we play the leafs of course.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:04 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

For a "tough guy", seems like he Ott to have a thicker skin. As far as booing, at least the fans are showing SOME passion. The FN' Center has been one of the deadest buildings I've ever heard all year long.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 pm 
PP Quarterback

To Ott's defense I think he is just speaking on behalf of his team and not really for himself. You see how a Captain handles situations like that? He just wants the people to know that their dissatisfaction did not go without notice. Almost,like the fans feel better knowing that their booing is actually affecting the players. Not sure about you but if a player came out and said that the booing hurt them and affected their game play it may mean a lot to someone who shelled out a sizeable sum of their income to watch the crap.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

If anybody's wondering, you boo the hell out of that performance.

@TJLuckman550

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:10 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I think Ott is completely right. Fans had a right to boo weeks ago when this team was heading in the same direction they had for years and they had zero spark game after game. This team looks better, plays better and has fresh blood on the benches. Hell it's not a Cup team but if you thought it would be after a few tweaks then you're fucking high. When fans started booing a lot of commentators and hockey voices started saying "Well yeah they deserve to boo at these bums....good for them." and it became justified.....now it's a shitty habit. Yes we deserve a better team. Yes we have been through a lot. The bright spot though is that I actually heard Darcy say the word rebuild and we are starting to see people move an attitudes change. The cage has been rattled and I wouldn't be the least surprised to see anyone in the organization moved, dropped or wacked come Summer. That alone gives me a hockey boner. Point is, they got the fucking message. There does come a point when you have to stop booing and watch to see what happens....fuck even cheer sometimes. Even though from time to time we deserve to act so, booing like a spoiled child every time the team doesn't win or play lights out hockey is embarrassing at best and counterproductive at worst.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:15 pm 
PP Quarterback

Displaced Fan wrote:
I think Ott is completely right. Fans had a right to boo weeks ago when this team was heading in the same direction they had for years and they had zero spark game after game. This team looks better, plays better and has fresh blood on the benches. Hell it's not a Cup team but if you thought it would be after a few tweaks then you're fucking high. When fans started booing a lot of commentators and hockey voices started saying "Well yeah they deserve to boo at these bums....good for them." and it became justified.....now it's a shitty habit. Yes we deserve a better team. Yes we have been through a lot. The bright spot though is that I actually heard Darcy say the word rebuild and we are starting to see people move an attitudes change. The cage has been rattled and I wouldn't be the least surprised to see anyone in the organization moved, dropped or wacked come Summer. That alone gives me a hockey boner. Point is, they got the fucking message. There does come a point when you have to stop booing and watch to see what happens....fuck even cheer sometimes. Even though from time to time we deserve to act so, booing like a spoiled child every time the team doesn't win or play lights out hockey is embarrassing at best and counterproductive at worst.

Truth.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:19 pm 
Hart Winner

Obviously the players don't get it, because they all played like absolute lazy shits last night excepting Kaleta, Scott, Ott, and Miller.