All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:15 pm 
Hart Winner

sabresindc wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
I'll be honest. Unless it's a Rochester signing, I don't see any more moves being made for the main roster this summer. The roster is full with 13 forwards, 8 defensmen, and 2 goalies. If the Sabres are truly sticking with what they have, I'm pretty sure we can close up shop for free agency watch this summer.

So Darcy basically said that they are done. Vanek and Miller will be here till, at least, training camp. They are stacked with forwards so they don't need anymore and he flat out lied about Gerbe. Saying it was a mutual decision

Well, not really. He never actually said anything.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm 
Captain Clutch

Quote:
The Sabres, who’ve only signed AHL players so far, are pursuing NHL free agents “just lightly right now,” Regier said.“We’ve got a lot of forwards,” he said. “We’ve got decisions to make positionally and otherwise. We’ve dabbled in it, but not in any real depth.”

He would never come out and say "No, were done" but I can read between the lines

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:47 pm 
Hart Winner

Considering they haven't signed any NHL free agents, I'd imagine they'll make at least one move. Because as it stands now our oldest players are 30 years old, Ehrhoff and Scott. We need a veteran or two.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 pm 
Cup Winner

Well if we want a youth movement then this is what we are doing.

Why sign veterans, we still have plenty of players on the team with 5+ years in the league.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 pm 
Hart Winner

Because veterans teach the young guys. I don't see anyone on this team being a bonafied influence on the newbies, except for maybe Ott. But a veteran would be ideal.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 pm 
Hart Winner

Or, a trade, because we have a shit ton of D men, and signing Ristolainen to a contract is probably an indication he's playing this year.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 am 
Captain Clutch

His focus this season was the blue line and that's what he did. Matter of fact, he saw the need to add another veteran defenseman and thats why he traded for Tallinder. Our defense has been horrendous for years. It was a starting point for the rebuild. Now he's in a wait and see mode for the offense since they have Stafford, Ott, and Vanek (for now). Next year he'll have a better grasp on how much time our young forwards will need to develop into legitimate threats. Believe me when I say he is rebuilding this team in stages....

B&Y, if I were you, just sit back and enjoy the NHL as a whole. This rebuild will take alot more time than many people expect. That's if Darcy actually does it right, which I don't believe he can.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 am 
Cup Winner

I still don't get how we don't have enough Veterans.

Vanek, Ennis, Stafford, Ott, Kaleta, Leino for forwards, and D we have Ehrhoff, Tallinder, Sulzer, Weber, McBain.

I think we have plenty of Veterans on the team.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:41 am 
Captain Clutch

I think he's looking for a player in the twilight of his career. Someone who has experienced more than our veterans (several playoffs, stanley cup, etc). I guess someone in their mid to late 30's or early 40's