It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 pm 
Hart Winner

sabresindc wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
BTW Miller lied. It was a screw you because he said in the interview "if they can dish it out, they can take it"

Haven't you noticed that Miller says and does things in the heat of the moment? Doesn't mean he lied, just means he speaks before thinking....

Why does he say he was insulting them, but then say he wasn't? So in the heat of the moment he's just like "fuck it, I'll just say I was making fun of them".

Wozniak
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

As much as i love Miller and love him being a Sabre, he deserves better. He is easily top 10 in the league (maybe pushing top 5 on a good day) and the best goalie Buffalo has had since Hasek. To get the amount crap he has been getting the last couple years is beyond ridiculous.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:03 am 
Cup Winner

If we do trade Miller, it would at least give us a great return. I'd hate to trade him because that would mean complete rebuild mode then, with him, we are still a team with a chance at the playoffs if we get some more pieces.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 am 
Captain Clutch

BlueandYellow wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
BTW Miller lied. It was a screw you because he said in the interview "if they can dish it out, they can take it"

Haven't you noticed that Miller says and does things in the heat of the moment? Doesn't mean he lied, just means he speaks before thinking....

Why does he say he was insulting them, but then say he wasn't? So in the heat of the moment he's just like "fuck it, I'll just say I was making fun of them".

Yes, because that was said in the locker room, immeditately after the game, and his emotions were still raw. He has said things year after year that he always takes back a day or two later.

Woz, I completely agree with your statement. He definitely deserves to be on a winning team and there is slim chance this team will be able to do that. I feel the same way for Vanek also.

Skyline, accept the fact that, athough Darcy refuses to say it, the Sabres are in a rebuild mode (or should be). I still cannot image anyone thinking that the Sabres need "just a few pieces." I won't deny that there are a few bright spots. Hodgson was great this season and shows potention to be even better. I love the heart Ott brings to this team, something that has been lacking the last few seasons. Enroth playing like his career depends on it. Other than that, there is NOTHING that impressed me. The rest of the team was horribly inconsistent and dispensible.

As for Rolston, his type of development skills would lend him better in Rochester. In my opinion, if they're in the NHL they shouldn't need that much development. Just honing of their skills that were developed in the lower leagues.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
Hart Winner

Nope. This is completely different. He went with the fact that it WAS a jeer, and if you were to see the picture it looked like a jeer, then a few days later it's not a jeer. It's not like flipping out at a reporter or blaming your team. It's saying something then saying something completely different.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm 
PP Quarterback

Grigs is being sent down. Life is good.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm 
Cup Winner

Anyone see that Miller put his condo up for sale?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm 
Hart Winner

no chance that he's putting his house up for sale because of a potential trade. He has a year left on his contract and you can't tell the future.

No story here, folks.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 pm 
Captain Clutch

He's obviously going back to Cali tomorrow. He's probably just going to get a rental for next season since he won't need a permanent joint after the season is finished next year.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:56 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but this morning at locker cleanout, Hecht announced his NHL retirement.
He's going back to Germany to play what's left of his career.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 pm 
Cup Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but this morning at locker cleanout, Hecht announced his NHL retirement.

I saw that in the article about Vanek and Miller.

Rud wrote:

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 am 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I saw that in the article about Vanek and Miller.

Yeah, where Vanek basically said he's about gone....

People are going to be very disappointed with the team after Miller and Vanek leaves. There is no way Enroth is up to being a great goalie. Hopefully Hodgson could pick up the slack when Vanek leaves but that will be hard to do unless he has top line wingers... Like Vanek and Pominville.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am 
Hart Winner

Not once has Vanek or Miller said they are gone. Not basically, not hinting. They've said they want to stay in Buffalo but they don't know what Darcy will do with them. So my guess is, if they don't get traded, and Darcy offers them a contract when theirs expires, they will accept it.

When rebuilding you need SOME sort of core. We have two core players left now, maybe Ennis can be considered one, but Miller and Vanek are two core players.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 pm 
Captain Clutch

Sometimes you need to read between the lines!!!! Neither of them will come out and say they WANT to leave Buffalo. They are probably hoping for a hell of a payday so saying you want to leave would be plain stupid. Miller has been much more reserved when it comes to the changes that going on but not Vanek. Vanek has said>>>

Quote:
"Let's be honest," Vanek said. "I'm not stupid. I know I have a year left and they can probably deal me for prospects, young guys, whatever else is out there. Yeah, I've thought about it. If it looks like it's a long rebuild, then it probably makes sense for both parties to move on."

also...

Quote:
"I don't know what the plan is," Vanek said. "If they're turning it over to the younger guys, it's a turnover. Or are they going to build around us again? It's all speculation at this point because you guys don't know and I don't know what's going to happen."

To me that seem like he doesn't want to be here if it's going to take several years to build a winning team. Why should he... He's wasted several years of his career here and has nothing to show for it. The last "re-build" was a colossal failure. Why would he think that this one would be any different... Especially since the same person who failed the last time is, as of right now, in charge of the new rebuild. If they stay is because the Sabres grossly overpaid them to the point they would be stupid to leave.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:10 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what either of them say.
They're not in control of whether they stay or leave...hell, even when they're FA at the end of next season, the Sabres have the ability to compel them to stay.
Neither of them sounds like they'll simply walk out of spite, so Darcy is driving the bus.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:38 pm 
Cup Winner

The only one who said they would want to leave is Vanek, and he only said that if the rebuild would take more than a couple years. He has not said, I want to leave Buffalo tomorrow. Miller has never even said he wanted out of Buffalo if the rebuild would take awhile.

You're just saying they want out to cause drama that none of us know about. Not even the players know if they will stay in Buffalo or not.

And we never "rebuilt" after Drury and Briere left. There was never a trading away of some good players for draft picks. We had a decent team then that needed a few tweaks.

And reading between the lines? Media almost never captures the true meaning of anything. And they tend to add their own crap into it too.

Rud wrote:

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 pm 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
The only one who said they would want to leave is Vanek, and he only said that if the rebuild would take more than a couple years. He has not said, I want to leave Buffalo tomorrow. Miller has never even said he wanted out of Buffalo if the rebuild would take awhile.

You're just saying they want out to cause drama that none of us know about. Not even the players know if they will stay in Buffalo or not.

And we never "rebuilt" after Drury and Briere left. There was never a trading away of some good players for draft picks. We had a decent team then that needed a few tweaks.

And reading between the lines? Media almost never captures the true meaning of anything. And they tend to add their own crap into it too.

I'm not trying to cause drama. Obviously it's all speculation by everyone. No one know what will happen in the future. Miller and Vanek may re-sign and spend the rest of their careers here in buffalo. If they do, great. Maybe we trade them and get some great players and run the board next season and win the cup. Who the hell knows. I am just stating my opinion.

As I said, neither of them are crazy enough to say they plan on leaving. Why would they when there is still a year on their contracts. They have time to show to the Sabres, and other teams in the league, what they have to offer. Plus there isn't a huge need for #1 goalie right now. Well Vancouver may be in the market with Schneider out indefinitely. Vanek said during the locker clean out interviews that if it appears to be a longer term rebuilt, its best if they both move on. If they plan on turning it over to the young players, then its a turnover. That is pretty telling in my mind. He doesn't want to be here if it looks like it will take a while. I would assume if either of them re-sign, it will be two years max.

As for my statement about Darcy "rebuilding" after Darcy/Briere. You're right, I misspoke. He SHOULD HAVE rebuilt after they left the team. As you said, he opted to "tweak" the team instead which was a colossal failure. He was never able to acquire the right players to adequately tweak the team. Matter of fact it would have been better for a rebuild at that time because of how tight the purse strings were under Golisano. Last season was the first season he made decent moves in the last 6 years with the acquisition of Hodgson and Ott.

I digress.... B&Y and I believe two different things and both of us are expressing our opinions. I respect his and anyone else who believe that they will be here long term.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:42 pm 
Hart Winner

That's not subtext or "reading between the lines". He said if Darcy wants to rebuild he doesn't know if he's getting moved or not. That's it, I'd believe. He has also said he wants to stay. As has Miller.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
That's not subtext or "reading between the lines". He said if Darcy wants to rebuild he doesn't know if he's getting moved or not. That's it, I'd believe. He has also said he wants to stay. As has Miller.

"If it looks like it's a long rebuild, then it probably makes sense for both parties to move on."

You don't really need to read between the lines for that.

Edit: Linky

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

"If it looks like it's a long rebuild, then it probably makes sense for both parties to move on."

You don't really need to read between the lines for that.

Edit: Linky

What did he say right before that?

"I'm not stupid. I know I have a year left and they can probably deal me for prospects, young guys, whatever else is out there."

He was referring to being dealt in a trade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next