It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 am 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
That's not subtext or "reading between the lines". He said if Darcy wants to rebuild he doesn't know if he's getting moved or not. That's it, I'd believe. He has also said he wants to stay. As has Miller.

"If it looks like it's a long rebuild, then it probably makes sense for both parties to move on."

You don't really need to read between the lines for that.

Edit: Linky

What did he say right before that?

"I'm not stupid. I know I have a year left and they can probably deal me for prospects, young guys, whatever else is out there."

He was referring to being dealt in a trade.

He's practically giving the Sabres direction for the future. He's practically saying "if I don't see progress, I'll want to leave, so it's probably best to trade me."

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 am 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
That's not subtext or "reading between the lines". He said if Darcy wants to rebuild he doesn't know if he's getting moved or not. That's it, I'd believe. He has also said he wants to stay. As has Miller.

"If it looks like it's a long rebuild, then it probably makes sense for both parties to move on."

"I'm not stupid. I know I have a year left and they can probably deal me for prospects, young guys, whatever else is out there."

He's practically giving the Sabres direction for the future. He's practically saying "if I don't see progress, I'll want to leave, so it's probably best to trade me."

I think we all agree Vanek said he would want to leave if the rebuild process will take awhile. There is no denying that. He also doesn't want to leave. We should see that also. But he's almost 30, he wants a cup before too long, if the Sabres can't give him that soon, he would want out. I don't see it as a problem. He still wants to be in Buffalo though, and hopefully management can get these pieces and build a cup winning team in a couple years for Vanek and Miller.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 am 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Now that's reading between the lines. All I can do is give a literal interpretation. Personally I feel the "filling in the blank" assumptions are pointless.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:29 am 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Now that's reading between the lines. All I can do is give a literal interpretation. Personally I feel the "filling in the blank" assumptions are pointless.

That's a fair way of looking at it. I'm not one that likes to let things play out. I like to figure things out. Reading between the lines is a thing I like to do.

@TJLuckman550

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Well...Ted Black just gave an unequivocal "Yes" to the question whether Darcy is here to stay for the rebuild.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I think we all agree Vanek said he would want to leave if the rebuild process will take awhile. There is no denying that. He also doesn't want to leave. We should see that also. But he's almost 30, he wants a cup before too long, if the Sabres can't give him that soon, he would want out. I don't see it as a problem. He still wants to be in Buffalo though, and hopefully management can get these pieces and build a cup winning team in a couple years for Vanek and Miller.

Boy, people love to put words in my mouth.... I have NEVER SAID Vanek wants to leave Buffalo but he doesn't want to stay if it's going to be more than a couple years. If they put a bunch of 18-21 year olds on the roster then he doesn't want to be apart of that.

Crosscheck wrote:
Well...Ted Black just gave an unequivocal "Yes" to the question whether Darcy is here to stay for the rebuild.
Figured..... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Oh and in the words of Darcy Regier..... "May require some suffering"

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:08 pm 
Superstar Goalie

sabresindc wrote:

Oh and in the words of Darcy Regier..... Prepare for some suffering

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 pm 

sabresindc wrote:

Right Darcy, because up 'til now, it's been all puppies, roses and Stanley Cup parades.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm 

I like how they also threw this gem out "The rebuild actually began a year and a half ago"
Ahh, thanks for letting the rest of us know.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:12 pm 
Captain Clutch

Crosscheck wrote:
I like how they also threw this gem out "The rebuild actually began a year and a half ago"
Ahh, thanks for letting the rest of us know.

Hahaha, yeah. We're on a need to know basis, I guess we didn't need to know

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm 
Captain Clutch

Crosscheck wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Right Darcy, because up 'til now, it's been all puppies, roses and Stanley Cup parades.

:laughing-rolling:

Looks like I'll be saving money not subscribing to Center Ice for the next several years.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:20 pm 
Hart Winner

So uh, if you think having a different GM would solve anything, you're probably a fan of inhaling computer duster.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
So uh, if you think having a different GM would solve anything, you're probably a fan of inhaling computer duster.

I get the notion for wanting to get rid of Darcy (him being here so long, same old same old) but I'm not sure if a lot of stuff with him can be blamed on him. He just got the ability to keep his own players. He was practically never allowed to do that here. (See: Drury, Dumont, Briere, Hasek, etc.).

I don't know. I want to see what he can do bringing in young talent and keeping it here.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:36 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I get the notion for wanting to get rid of Darcy (him being here so long, same old same old) but I'm not sure if a lot of stuff with him can be blamed on him. He just got the ability to keep his own players. He was practically never allowed to do that here. (See: Drury, Dumont, Briere, Hasek, etc.).

I don't know. I want to see what he can do bringing in young talent and keeping it here.

I don't see any other GM doing any better, maybe drafting, but Darcy makes up for that in trades. Honestly, I think it's just some rotten luck.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:39 pm 
Cup Winner

sabresindc wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Boy, people love to put words in my mouth.... I have NEVER SAID Vanek wants to leave Buffalo but he doesn't want to stay if it's going to be more than a couple years. If they put a bunch of 18-21 year olds on the roster then he doesn't want to be apart of that.

Crosscheck wrote:
Figured..... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

We obviously know about Vanek, but you have said before in other threads he wants out and same with Miller.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

fuck this team. Every Sabres fan should be sick. Absolutely shitty team, no playoffs yet again, complete embarrassment, organization taking advantage of a loyal fan base, keeping Darcy after all of it and then raising ticket prices? FUCK YOU Black, Pegula and Regier. Not one more fucking cent of my money will be wasted on this group.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:35 pm 
Hart Winner

Raising ticket prices is just simply absurd. If anything they should be lowering them, at least that would send out a message and relieve SOME pain for the fans.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 pm 
PP Quarterback

I don't know about everyone else but I would be all for buying out Staffords contract or renogiating. He has shown no ability to play the type of physical forward he should be. His scoring is streaky when he is even able to score. Ville has been riddled with I injuries but I give him one more full year before you pull the trigger on that one. I have been a proponant for his mainstay. He can be brilliant with the right pairings. We need a center and for Ennis to slide back over to winger. It's his natural position and one that allows him to produce more. Don't get me wrong he performed admirably and it's nice to know we have that in our backpocket should injuries become a problem down the middle in the future. Next year will be Coho, Grigs, insert player here(Goose type guy), and a fourth liner(sounds like Luke Adam is getting another shot maybe third liner) the defense needs to be remodled. I think the young bucks are given their shot and with what would be assumed as natural progression there should be 2-3 ready to make the jump. Package out some guys for a vet center or some prospects. If we are truely in rebuild mode then young prospects would be the best option. Let these young guys come up for awhile and try. I would love for Vanek to stay and I hope he does. I would love to see him go a full career for Buffalo. I said it once before, Ryan is going to pressure the front office heavily for a leave. He takes things personally and I don't know if something like the "Bronx cheer" will ever leave the back of his mind. The Miller thing is all purely speculative but I think most of you understand my rationale with that.

Also, the increase in ticket prices after this runny dump of a season is a slap in the face to the fans. Is not our salary going down next year by a good bit? I think I remember that being mentioned on here before. So they are asking for fans to pay more money for the same product if not worse then what they dealt with the year before. Which was a turd sandwich.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm 
Captain Clutch

This is how I feel about buying into the Hockey Heaven hype....

Attachments:
sucker.jpg
sucker.jpg [ 219.49 KiB | Viewed 3177 times ]

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:33 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Raising ticket prices is just simply absurd. If anything they should be lowering them, at least that would send out a message and relieve SOME pain for the fans.

Supposedly, they have to stay above a certain threshold in order to get revenue sharing. That, I can at least understand.

@TJLuckman550

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next