It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

As per tweet from Bucky Gleason and Bob McKenzie. Nothing confirmed yet, but it looks pretty likely.

EDIT: PHT Story

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... ick-adams/

@TJLuckman550

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:27 pm 
MegaDouche

I think most of us knew this was coming. My guess is Cassidy comes up from ROC

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm 
Cup Winner

Thank goodness, maybe we'll actually have a good pp next year.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

So the Sabres have a clean break from the Lindy Ruff era....except for the GM

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:51 pm 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
So the Sabres have a clean break from the Lindy Ruff era....except for the GM

And Teppo. They kept Teppo on.

My guess is he'll coach the defense.

I'd put good money on Chadd Cassidy being the special teams assistant coach. He had top 5 PK and PP units in the AHL and he took over as interim head coach for the Amerks after Rolston left.

@TJLuckman550

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm 

and they'll keep Jim Corsi...because he's Jim fuckin' Corsi :)

/I don't really consider Teppo to be one of Lindy's henchmen like Adams and Patrick were.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 pm 
Hart Winner

GM doesn't have as big of an impact on the players as the coach. I don't see any GM available that would do better than Darcy to be honest, though not many would do worse. If anything it would be symbolic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
GM doesn't have as big of an impact on the players as the coach. I don't see any GM available that would do better than Darcy to be honest, though not many would do worse. If anything it would be symbolic.

The only one I could see that maybe could be better than Darcy is Brian Burke, but we all know how I feel about Burkie.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 am 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

The only one I could see that maybe could be better than Darcy is Brian Burke, but we all know how I feel about Burkie.

I'm the same way here.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:52 am 

Well a coach can only work with the players he's given, so implying the GM doesn't matter is frankly ridiculous.
Saying Darcy has done a good job is one thing, saying he doesn't have an impact is not true in my opinion. He's part of the old guard, the old machine. How many decades do most GM's get?

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:57 am 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
Well a coach can only work with the players he's given, so implying the GM doesn't matter is frankly ridiculous.
Saying Darcy has done a good job is one thing, saying he doesn't have an impact is not true in my opinion. He's part of the old guard, the old machine. How many decades do most GM's get?

I think he's saying the GM doesn't have an impact on the players like a coach would.

@TJLuckman550

jordano
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:06 pm 
Two-Way Center

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I think he's saying the GM doesn't have an impact on the players like a coach would.

I would have to agree. GMs usually don't make appearances in the dressing rooms, or so I heard. However, if the GM had the reputation for frequently moving players for not performing then I think they would have a massive impact on the players.

#1 Hockey Nation.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:40 pm 

Right, but the GM picks the players.
A room full of turds can only be influenced by the coach so much.
The GM matters in a very real way, that's all I'm saying.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Crosscheck wrote:
Right, but the GM picks the players.
A room full of turds can only be influenced by the coach so much.
The GM matters in a very real way, that's all I'm saying.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosscheck wrote:

I didn't say the GM doesn't matter. I said he doesn't have an impact on the players as much as the coach. Yes, he CHOOSES the players, but look at our team! Filled with talent, but they don't use it. I.E Myers, Leino, Stafford, etc. It's hard to determine which players will just fall off the radar, or be lazy.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:27 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I didn't say the GM doesn't matter. I said he doesn't have an impact on the players as much as the coach. Yes, he CHOOSES the players, but look at our team! Filled with talent, but they don't use it. I.E Myers, Leino, Stafford, etc. It's hard to determine which players will just fall off the radar, or be lazy.

It should be noted that in the games Leino played this season (8), he had six points. He was played with top-line players. No reason to believe he can't continue his minimal success when playing with the right players.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:40 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

It should be noted that in the games Leino played this season (8), he had six points. He was played with top-line players. No reason to believe he can't continue his minimal success when playing with the right players.

Yeah, Leino was good. Which is why getting a good player to play with him/Ennis (assuming they put him there) would be scary if he continues that play.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm 
Captain Clutch

BlueandYellow wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I'll give you Stafford but the jury is out on Myers in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't really put Leino in "talent" category right about now. I honestly believe he was broken goods when Darcy picked him up and is appearing to fill the shoes left by Connolly on IR. He hasn't even played a full 82 game season with last and this season combined.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Last edited by sabresindc on Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:43 pm 
Hart Winner

sabresindc wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I'll give you Stafford but the jury is out on Myers in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't really put Leino in "talent" category right about now. I honestly believe was broken goods why Darcy picked him up and is appearing to fill the shoes left by Connolly on IR. He hasn't even played a full 82 game season with last and this season combined.

Leino has all sorts of talent and has proven it. It's how he uses it and injuries that have really bummed him.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:51 pm 
Captain Clutch

BlueandYellow wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

I'll give you Stafford but the jury is out on Myers in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't really put Leino in "talent" category right about now. I honestly believe was broken goods why Darcy picked him up and is appearing to fill the shoes left by Connolly on IR. He hasn't even played a full 82 game season with last and this season combined.

Leino has all sorts of talent and has proven it. It's how he uses it and injuries that have really bummed him.

He had one spectacular season so far, with Philly. I wouldn't call that proven talent. We'll see what happens next season, if he plays much...

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.