It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 pm 
Cup Winner

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42%2Flatest ... e42/latest

Here is what happened in tonight's (9-22-13) preseason game. Scott kinda goes after Kessel, and Kessel becomes a little bitch and two hands Scott twice. The spears him later.

But Ryan Miller and Bernier fight.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:19 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Kessels a little bitch.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 am 
Captain Clutch

Kessel should get double digits for using his stick as a weapon, TWICE!!! I know leaf fans are screaming that Scott should get double digits for just going after Kessel. Well, Kessel was the one that reached for Scott first and he was just obliging.

I thought Miller did well and I loved Harry Neil... "I don't think I've ever seen Miller in a fight."

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:02 am 
Cup Winner

Leaf fans are all complaining about Scott, yet Scott never broke any rule in the NHL rulebook there. Hell, he even saw the other Leaf players coming and completely turned and went away from Kessel.

I still think Mr. Scott here only went after Kessel after his chirping was to get the other Leaf players to fight him.

I also honestly think Scott would have never punched Kessel, which he didn't anyways. What would be the glory in that? Winning a fight you can't lose.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 am 
Captain Clutch

True but they're saying he "broke the code" The unwritten rule of not going after "stars"...I guess they're saying now that Scott "jokingly" told Kessel he was going to jump him. Kessel puts his hands on Scott first, that is indisputable. Kessel deserves a several game suspension along with Clarkson's 10 games. Scott shouldn't get an time off but I'm sure he will for going after the protected class.

Just wondering, did Miller and Bernier get the extra 2 for taking off their lids???? LOL

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:06 am 
Cup Winner

I don't know if they did? That is a good question.

I'd like to hear Scott's side of the story, all we've seen is Kessel's side.

Rud wrote:

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 am 
PP Quarterback

Wow, what a asshole. Baseball-batting Scott's leg when he is already in a fight. He should get quite a suspesion for this bullshit, but I bet he'll get nothing. Leaf's star player trying to injure a fighter, probably not even a game.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:57 am 
Penalty Killer

It's a relief to get here & see what Sabres fans are saying. All I've read prior to this is the Leaf side of things- they don't blame Kessel at all for backing off & swinging his stick at Scott. :roll:

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 pm 
PP Quarterback

Nuthatch wrote:
It's a relief to get here & see what Sabres fans are saying. All I've read prior to this is the Leaf side of things- they don't blame Kessel at all for backing off & swinging his stick at Scott. :roll:

Which is ridiculous, seeing that Kessel yapping his mouth is likely what started this mess to begin with.

@TJLuckman550

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 pm 
MegaDouche

All i see are Canadians crying like little babies.. Which happens a lot. I'm not sure what's so different from this compared to any other incident where a Canadian team cries foul.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 pm 
PP Quarterback

Next thing you know, Scott's going to have a criminal investigation on his hands a la Zdeno Chara.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 pm 
Hart Winner

Like, I can see why someone would be angry for Scott dropping the gloves and chasing him. But in all honesty, Kessel deserved it. You could see Kessel tangle with him, start with the mouth, and you just don't do that with an enforcer unless you're going to fight him. Then, to add on to the pussiness, he decides to use his stick as an axe.

For Scott to be talked about as "breaking the code"; bullshit. There is no code when your superstar panzy decides to get physical with a giant enforcer. Tell your guy to get some brains. Not to mention, Colton Orr attacked Kaleta last year in the same fashion (but he actually threw several punches) and Kaleta didn't even say anything! It was when Scott fought MacLaren the second time. Nobody gave a shit then. It's just because Kessel is a Leaf's little child.

Side note, even though Tropp got KO'd, I thought he did good for fighting a guy 5" taller than him and over 40 pounds heavier than him.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 pm 
Superstar Goalie

SABRESAllTheWay wrote:
All i see are Canadians crying like little babies.. Which happens a lot. I'm not sure what's so different from this compared to any other incident where a Canadian team cries foul.

I hear ya, man. I've tried to have reasonable discussions with some leaf fans at work today about the events from last night and then I realized; the term, "Reasonable discussion" is not in the vocab of leaf fans. At least, the ones I work with.

It doesn't matter who was involved in the stick swinging, the fact that the intent was there to injure another player with their stick being used as a fucking weapon is what needs to be looked at here. This harkens back to the Mcsorley incident a few years back and although it's not as serious an incident as that one was, the fact that Kessel used all of his might to take multiple chops at Scott and then spear or poke-the-bear if you would, really needs to be addressed by the league. Clarkson leaving the bench deserves the 10 games which goes along with that, but they really need to review this one with a fine toothed comb. It's not like Kessel gave another player a little shot with his stick, he was swinging for the fences. And for Kadri to come forward and say Kessel's actions are fully warranted and that he should have swung a little higher, just.. wow. Really, you son of a bitch? Just to prove a point, I really want someone to run this punk next time they meet.

Also, this is awesome...

http://m.imgur.com/kx2Wj1d

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:02 pm 
Captain Clutch

The line brawl was on of three choices for video of the day during Hannity Live on Fox News. That's impressive that anything NHL was mentioned on Fox News....

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 pm 
Hart Winner

sabresindc wrote:
The line brawl was on of three choices for video of the day during Hannity Live on Fox News. That's impressive that anything NHL was mentioned on Fox News....

That insults hockey.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 pm 
Cup Winner

It looks like nothing was ever addressed on this. Clarkson got suspended, but that is an automatic 10 games anyways.

Not even any word at all about a hearing. Kassian got banned 5 games for his stick swinging and Kessel gets nothing. If I were Kassian I would go to the league and appeal because Kessel swung his stick and speared Scott.

It really was a good thing five guys were on Scott when that spear happened, Or else Kessel would not be playing hockey anytime soon.

Rud wrote:

AudSabres
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Apparently Kessel has a 4pm EST meeting with the league tomorrow, according to Dreger via twitter.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 pm 
Cup Winner

It's official, it's on nhl.com now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6838 ... l:topheads

What is the max games on telephone hearings? Is it only 5?

Rud wrote:

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 am 
Captain Clutch

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
It's official, it's on nhl.com now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6838 ... l:topheads

What is the max games on telephone hearings? Is it only 5?

I believe

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Phil Kessel "SWORD FIGHT"!!!