Post subject: Sabres' Offense
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:21 pm 
Hart Winner

That is all...

Skyline_BNR34
 Post subject: Re: Sabres' Offense
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm 
Cup Winner

The chances were there, the quality of the shots maybe not, but Vanek and Girgensons had combined probably 10 shots that could have went in had Anderson not been standing on his head along with Miller.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 pm 
PP Quarterback

When the best player on the ice is a 19-year-old rookie, you know things aren't going to go well this year.

@TJLuckman550

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

We have players who are more then capable of scoring that aren't doing shit. 1.)ennis 2.)Coho 3.) stafford-as much as I dislike his gameplay over the past year he can score in bunches 4.) Vanek-he needs coho to play up to his contract and act as a pommer to feed him those pucks around the net. Vanek isn't playing bad but he doesn't skate down and create his own chances. He needs a setup man

Guys need to step up on a every game basis for us to even be competitive. No more ill show up every third or fourth game. These guys are vets and need to start acting like it.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:34 pm 
Hart Winner

But outside of Vanek, Ennis, and Hodgson, we have no real threats. We needed one or two offensive pickups to divert coverage away from those three. Hopefully Grigorenko can become one.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:12 pm 
PP Quarterback

These guys need to step up and start carrying this team. It's their time and they need to grab this shit by the horns. Time to start being leaders and becoming the corps of this team. The old is gone for the most part and they need to sack up and be something the youngsters have to hold themselves up to. If they don't go hard every game there is no accountability on these kids. Hard to doll out lessons to the rooks if they are working harder and playing better then you are

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:16 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

So would this be a good thread to bring up the power-play?

Holy hell, if Teppo is running that show something needs to change.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 pm 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
But outside of Vanek, Ennis, and Hodgson, we have no real threats. We needed one or two offensive pickups to divert coverage away from those three. Hopefully Grigorenko can become one.

Our rookie line has been the best line through two games.

The first line really did step it up last night though. They were a real threat out there.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:52 pm 
Hart Winner

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

The first line really did step it up last night though. They were a real threat out there.

Girgensons was the only decent forward other than those three, and he's a bottom six... Grigorenko is really disappointing me, he looks SO slow out there.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 pm 
PP Quarterback

For grigs apparently showing up to skate a skate improvement class and actually trying when doing it are two different things. He didn't get that memo in Russian I guess

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:15 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Pretty sure I've scored more than the Sabres in 2013.

And I've been single since January.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 am 
Superstar Goalie

Squanto wrote:
Pretty sure I've scored more than the Sabres in 2013.

And I've been single since January.

At first I was like :lol:
And then I was like :(

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 am 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Girgensons was the only decent forward other than those three, and he's a bottom six... Grigorenko is really disappointing me, he looks SO slow out there.

He's sort of a shitty skater and hasn't really gotten better at it.

@TJLuckman550

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 am 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck said it, the powerplay has gotten even worse under Teppo. You always get a feeling a short hander might be coming up instead of a powerplay goal. If your skilled guys aren't capable of scoring goals on 5-4, they'll certainly have troubles 5-5.

I think Grigorenko will be a bust. He's slow and doesn't show a lot of effort. Soft hands aren't enough to become a good NHL player. I hope he proves me wrong.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:58 am 
PP Quarterback

sabretoothpick wrote:
Crosscheck said it, the powerplay has gotten even worse under Teppo. You always get a feeling a short hander might be coming up instead of a powerplay goal. If your skilled guys aren't capable of scoring goals on 5-4, they'll certainly have troubles 5-5.

I think Grigorenko will be a bust. He's slow and doesn't show a lot of effort. Soft hands aren't enough to become a good NHL player. I hope he proves me wrong.

It's too early to say, but I've been saying that since he half-assed it in the playoffs for Rochester last year. The kid just doesn't seem to give a shit.

@TJLuckman550

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 pm 
PP Quarterback

When I watch Sabres games I start to sing the Pearl Harbor sucks song from Team America and coming up with verses for our players. It's a little childish and stupid but then again so is our overall team work ethic

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:29 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:

It's too early to say, but I've been saying that since he half-assed it in the playoffs for Rochester last year. The kid just doesn't seem to give a shit.

I know it's too early, it's just a feeling. When you watch him play, score a goal, give the puck away, I've never felt like he gives a fuck. Girgenson gives me the opposite feeling and I think he will be a good player although he might not have the potential of Grigorenko... Man, how I hate the word "potential", thanks Drew.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:

I know it's too early, it's just a feeling. When you watch him play, score a goal, give the puck away, I've never felt like he gives a fuck. Girgenson gives me the opposite feeling and I think he will be a good player although he might not have the potential of Grigorenko... Man, how I hate the word "potential", thanks Drew.

I have never seen this board agree in unison that one player needs to go and is bringing the team down. There is almost always someone willing to back up the player in question. Drew may be our first. I think some type of award or congratulations are in order. I mean it is impressive, really. Also, Grigs def has the laid back I am just going to wait and see if the play comes to me attitude. Not big into going 100% all the time. Not the go make my own chance type of player.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm 
Cup Winner

For a kid who doesn't care about hockey, staying in Buffalo this offseason to work with the NHL players instead of going back to Russia doesn't mean a thing?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6813 ... nhl-search

Yes, he needs to work on his skating, and Rolston knows this. Skating can be a big hindrance to plenty of things, look at Hodgson's skating in the past. And look at how much it has improved in the last two years.

Rud wrote:

DieHardFan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:40 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

I think that one reason the offense has been so putrid is their inability to get out of their own zone, not unlike last year, but seems even worse. Once again, possession time looks pathetic. I know it's only 3 games in, but I'm about ready to trade Myers for a cord of firewood. He's evolved into a complete liability in his own zone, all for the bargain-basement deal of only 12M this year!