BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dont. target. the head.

He didn't. Johnson stopped. Patty didn't adjust.

It seemed like that to me, too. Still a reckless hit, and deserves 1 or 2 games, but 10 games is just awful. It wasn't a deliberate head shot, it wasn't an elbow, and Johnson did stop.

For any other player, sure, 1-2, maybe even 3 games. Kaleta's been suspended how many times and still hasn't learned.

But that's the thing, he's got an unfair record. What hit has he done that's been dirty? He's headbutt a shoulder pad a few times, stupid, but not to the point where he's viewed as a guy who sets out to hurt people. Then he "boarded" Richards, who should've won an oscar for that dive.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dont. target. the head.

It seemed like that to me, too. Still a reckless hit, and deserves 1 or 2 games, but 10 games is just awful. It wasn't a deliberate head shot, it wasn't an elbow, and Johnson did stop.

For any other player, sure, 1-2, maybe even 3 games. Kaleta's been suspended how many times and still hasn't learned.

But that's the thing, he's got an unfair record. What hit has he done that's been dirty? He's headbutt a shoulder pad a few times, stupid, but not to the point where he's viewed as a guy who sets out to hurt people. Then he "boarded" Richards, who should've won an oscar for that dive.

So Richards missed a few games after that just to continue the act?

He's headbutted players, checked from behind, been fined and suspended for those. He's not an innocent victim of the league. The guy has a reckless history. He doesn't have a target on his back for absolutely nothing.

@TJLuckman550

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:11 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Appears that Patty and his agent are going to appeal the 10 games.

Watch them slap another 5 on him for appealing. The team will be fined $10,000 for this and he'll be forced to fire his agent pending a tribunal.

Also, Rolston will be fined for player selection in last nights game.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
Squanto wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
dont. target. the head.

So Richards missed a few games after that just to continue the act?

He's headbutted players, checked from behind, been fined and suspended for those. He's not an innocent victim of the league. The guy has a reckless history. He doesn't have a target on his back for absolutely nothing.

Did you see the hit? Richards wasn't near the boards and was barely tapped. Getting injured was his own fault, and considering he played a few shifts after the hit I'd say he did B.S it. Odd that he flails around on the ice and cries like he got shot then gets up and skates fine.

I already addressed the head butts. Nowhere near dangerous, just stupid.

He's been fined for: High sticking (again, idiotic ruling) and an attempted headbutt.

Kaleta was suspended/fined for, other than the headbutts, the highsticking, and the boarding (none of which actually made him a dirty player who injures people) a boarding on Ross, back in 09. Which Ross turned at the last second, so it shouldn't have been a suspension.

Face it, the league REALLY hates this guy, and the only reason he has a "dirty" record is because the league made it so. All the people comparing him to Matt Cooke makes no sense, he has had two B.S boarding calls, an attempted headbutt, a headbutt to the shoulder, a minor penalty that turned into a fine, and now this.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 pm 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:

Watch them slap another 5 on him for appealing. The team will be fined $10,000 for this and he'll be forced to fire his agent pending a tribunal.

Can't tell if serious or not.

I also watched the reaction on TSN's site about Bob McKenzie talking about the suspension. I agree with everything he said about the hit and suspension. If you haven't watched it, here it is: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/late ... est/latest

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:56 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

Can't tell if serious or not.

I also watched the reaction on TSN's site about Bob McKenzie talking about the suspension. I agree with everything he said about the hit and suspension. If you haven't watched it, here it is: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=nhl-latest/late ... est/latest

The meat of my post was sarcasm, mostly because of the whole DoPS BS. I'm not defending Patty's history, but as Tom mentioned earlier, he didn't readjust at the last second when Johnson stopped/pulled up. I think it's laughable that Shannaban said regardless of who it was that tossed the hit would have been subject to further investigation. I've seen far worse hits/actions on the ice that received lesser penalties than this. And this hit didn't even receive a penalty during the game.

I'm just pissed off with how the league is saying they're blanketing/preaching safety and concern for its players when they're too busy laying judgement on a player because of a persons past. I guess at the end of the day, it is what it is. Even accidental contact needs to be addressed, it keeps players in check. But I don't see any intent on Kaleta to target Johnson's head.

What ever, put it behind and move on I guess.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am 
Cup Winner

I agree with what you're saying too.

I've said it before, I don't agree with the length, but I agree with the suspension for the hit. He is a bit wreckless at times and does need to adjust better to prevent these from happening in the future. I do hope Bettman will reduce his suspension.

And the comment section at TSN is hilarious. Everyone is wanting more games for that hit and saying what's he doing appealing for, does he want it to be 20?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:22 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
And the comment section at TSN is hilarious. Everyone is wanting more games for that hit and saying what's he doing appealing for, does he want it to be 20?

Sweet jesus, I hear ya. Some of the comments are absolutely ass-hattery. But the lump of them seem to be coming from Leaf fans, so I guess I'm not really surprised in a way :P

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:

Sweet jesus, I hear ya. Some of the comments are absolutely ass-hattery. But the lump of them seem to be coming from Leaf fans, so I guess I'm not really surprised in a way :P

Surprised the Leafs fan's aren't somehow turning it into a Get Scott out of the league also because Kessel is a bitch.

Rud wrote: