It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:59 pm 
Offline
Carlos Spicy-Wiener
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 9240
Location: FAP TURBO
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


Disagree.

The guy trys to find ways to manipulate advanced stats on my bathroom habits.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:48 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


Disagree.

The guy trys to find ways to manipulate advanced stats on my bathroom habits.


Clearly, you're not getting enough offensive zone starts in the bathroom, and your shit's Corsi could use some work :-P.

In all seriousness, I like those numbers, but I feel it's better to supplement that with actually watching the game.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:55 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


i feel @mikebitchmike is a GREAT follow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
Dude, you guys want to stay on top of the action, you gotta get a subscription to Sports Illustrated. All the latest news plus you get a sneaker phone!


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
I stalk Gary Bettman

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:42 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


i feel @mikebitchmike is a GREAT follow.


He's OK...

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
i do my best

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm 
Offline
Carlos Spicy-Wiener
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 9240
Location: FAP TURBO
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


Disagree.

The guy trys to find ways to manipulate advanced stats on my bathroom habits.


Clearly, you're not getting enough offensive zone starts in the bathroom, and your shit's Corsi could use some work :-P.

In all seriousness, I like those numbers, but I feel it's better to supplement that with actually watching the game.


Shockingly, the Corsi whores were pretty quiet last night after putting up a sweet -60 and winning. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:04 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


Disagree.

The guy trys to find ways to manipulate advanced stats on my bathroom habits.


Clearly, you're not getting enough offensive zone starts in the bathroom, and your shit's Corsi could use some work :-P.

In all seriousness, I like those numbers, but I feel it's better to supplement that with actually watching the game.


Shockingly, the Corsi whores were pretty quiet last night after putting up a sweet -60 and winning. :p


For those who use Corsi as the sole proprietor of good hockey play, yes, but it's not all about Corsi.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
Corsi means nothing when you have a goalie named Ryan Miller.

Columbus had 92 shot attempts that game. That's incredible.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Corsi means nothing when you have a goalie named Ryan Miller.

Columbus had 92 shot attempts that game. That's incredible.


I wouldn't say Corsi means nothing, but I would say goaltending is way more important that advanced stat guys make it out to be.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm 
Offline
Carlos Spicy-Wiener
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 9240
Location: FAP TURBO
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Squanto wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Another fantastic follow is Matthew Coller.


Disagree.

The guy trys to find ways to manipulate advanced stats on my bathroom habits.


Clearly, you're not getting enough offensive zone starts in the bathroom, and your shit's Corsi could use some work :-P.

In all seriousness, I like those numbers, but I feel it's better to supplement that with actually watching the game.


Shockingly, the Corsi whores were pretty quiet last night after putting up a sweet -60 and winning. :p


For those who use Corsi as the sole proprietor of good hockey play, yes, but it's not all about Corsi.


Yuuip.

The ones that I like to poke at are the ones that love to bust out a stat to break someone down after a good game, but never to build them back up after they go -2 with no points.

Advanced stats in team sports are the least important of all stats.


Top
 Profile  
 
HipKat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:14 am 
Offline
Garbage Man
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:50 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Peoria, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Dude, you guys want to stay on top of the action, you gotta get a subscription to Sports Illustrated. All the latest news plus you get a sneaker phone!



I always wanted a sneaker phone, too.....

_________________
Sabres Fan since Day One!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:13 pm 
Offline
Captain Dynasty
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 15390
Location: michigan
i have a cordless...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron