Please click here to view the forum rules

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... nior-team/

Here's his statement via facebook:
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I just want to apologized for the situation going on right now.
We just need to find a place for me where i can develop and be the best hockey player I can be.
I came to North America 3 years ago coming from a home in Russia where I never had a bed, a shower or heat...I work everyday to be the best hockey player I can be so I can provide for my family, have a better life... Because hockey is all I have, my passion, who I am.
I am so grateful I played in Québec with one of the best coach in the world, amazing fans, people and city. I got to play against great players who are now doing amazing in the NHL. I'm also so proud I was drafted in the NHL by the Buffalo Sabres organization. I love the city and people there. I love my neighborhood and I love the guys. They also have owners who want everyone to be happy and love their team so much.
Now I would just ask all of you guys to respect me and the time I'm taking to think about my career. It might be hard to understand but it is even harder for a teenager.
Grigo

IMO he's got a shitty agent and an even shittier attitude.
I'm certainly starting to sour on him even considering how badly Darcy effed this up.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 pm 
Hart Winner

He needs to stfu and follow orders. He doesn't score enough to be in the NHL.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 pm 
Cup Winner

Not like Juniors is gonna help him at all. We all say he is lazy and has a bad attitude, Dominating Juniors and not having to try isn't going to help him at all.

Quebec really just needs to give up his rights so he can go to the AHL.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:37 pm 
Hart Winner

He's too young for the AHL?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:23 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Guess he's decided to go. What a fucking tool this guy seems like.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441054

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
He's too young for the AHL?

He is, but if the QMJHL gives up his junior rights, he'd be eligible. 18-year olds are eligible for they aren't CHL players. That's an agreement between the NHL and the CHL.

@TJLuckman550

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:42 pm 

I like Nolan's no BS comments on this today

Quote:
The tail can’t wag the dog; the dog wags the tail.

You got to make the best of whatever situation you’re in. If he learns at a young age, it’s even better. But you will learn to adapt and to adjust, and if you don’t, someone else is always going to take your job.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/ted-no ... g-the-dog/

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:10 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I just want to apologized for the situation going on right now.
We just need to find a place for me where i can develop and be the best hockey player I can be.
I came to North America 3 years ago coming from a home in Russia where I never had a bed, a shower or heat...I work everyday to be the best hockey player I can be so I can provide for my family, have a better life... Because hockey is all I have, my passion, who I am.
I am so grateful I played in Québec with one of the best coach in the world, amazing fans, people and city. I got to play against great players who are now doing amazing in the NHL. I'm also so proud I was drafted in the NHL by the Buffalo Sabres organization. I love the city and people there. I love my neighborhood and I love the guys. They also have owners who want everyone to be happy and love their team so much.
Now I would just ask all of you guys to respect me and the time I'm taking to think about my career. It might be hard to understand but it is even harder for a teenager.
Grigo

What!? THAT is how you play when "Hockey is all I have, my passion, who I am", and what you've shown so far is as passionate and intense as you can be? Good riddance fuckface.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:24 pm 
Captain Dynasty

it was his agent. his agent cried about how he was playing for his 7th coach in under a calender year. make no mistake, grigo wasnt happy. his agent smelled "khl" and money and pushed him in that direction. only the KHL isnt an option.

grigo made a mistake, he quickly rectified it. so lets see what hes got now.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:49 pm 
Cup Winner

He can't go to the KHL anyways with the new agreement in place between the two leagues. He bolts, he gets a ban from playing hockey.

I still wish Quebec would give up his rights, being a man among boys is doing no good. Only good thing right now is he'll be playing 20+ minutes a night again.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:28 pm 
Captain Dynasty

quebec loaned grigo to the finnish elite league.

the NHL nixed it. poor kid.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:40 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
quebec loaned grigo to the finnish elite league.

the NHL nixed it. poor kid.

Where is this at? I don't see any reports on it.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://sabrenoise.com/2014/01/16/mikhai ... toyed-nhl/

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
http://sabrenoise.com/2014/01/16/mikhail-grigorenko-still-getting-toyed-nhl/

Ahhhhhh! That blogger uses apostrophes terribly! Who's instead of whose, season's instead of seasons. How can I trust that? Also when did a tweet become a legit source? Anyone can tweet anything right?

Assuming that's true though, I can't help but wonder if this proves Grigorenko is a total fucking pain in the ass. I mean, why would Quebec NOT want to have this stud player who scores 1.5 ppg in the QMJL on their team? Is it because they have what's best for HIM in mind? Doubt it. Either he's such a dick in the locker room they want him out, or he's such a pain about deserving more to management that they're tired of dealing with his agent. Either way, this just makes me think even less than I already did of him, and I already thought he seemed like a fuckstick.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:30 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
http://sabrenoise.com/2014/01/16/mikhail-grigorenko-still-getting-toyed-nhl/

Ahhhhhh! That blogger uses apostrophes terribly! Who's instead of whose, season's instead of seasons. How can I trust that? Also when did a tweet become a legit source? Anyone can tweet anything right?

Assuming that's true though, I can't help but wonder if this proves Grigorenko is a total fucking pain in the ass. I mean, why would Quebec NOT want to have this stud player who scores 1.5 ppg in the QMJL on their team? Is it because they have what's best for HIM in mind? Doubt it. Either he's such a dick in the locker room they want him out, or he's such a pain about deserving more to management that they're tired of dealing with his agent. Either way, this just makes me think even less than I already did of him, and I already thought he seemed like a fuckstick.

I can't take SabreNoise seriously. Ever. I've read way too many positive articles about Mike Weber.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 pm 
Hart Winner

Why did we use a blog to relay valuable information nobody else relayed, anyways?

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Also when did a tweet become a legit source? Anyone can tweet anything right?

Well, they aren't by default, but they can be the fastest source of breaking legitimate news if you carefully consider the source.
Many professional sports writers will tweet out news as soon as they hear it then pen an article to the same, more verbose, effect in the hours following.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Also when did a tweet become a legit source? Anyone can tweet anything right?

Well, they aren't by default, but they can be the fastest source of breaking legitimate news if you carefully consider the source.
Many professional sports writers will tweet out news as soon as they hear it then pen an article to the same, more verbose, effect in the hours following.

For example, Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger are very reliable sources. You know if a person is actually legitimate if they have a blue checkmark next to their name (it means their account is verified.) There are some that don't have the checkmark, but are still legit sources.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm 
Cup Winner

Seeing how I never saw that information from anyone else, I highly doubt it was true. Just like how I just read an article about how the Sabres are more willing to trade him than at any other point right now.

But he did have 3 points in his first game back so guess he didn't feel too hurt if he wants to score points still.

Rud wrote:

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm 

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
For example, Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger are very reliable sources. You know if a person is actually legitimate if they have a blue checkmark next to their name (it means their account is verified.) There are some that don't have the checkmark, but are still legit sources.

And any Sabres fan on twitter needs to follow Bill Hoppe https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL
Always legit and first with news and updates.