It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
Sober enough to run a server
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 7475
Location: 2,568 miles from the F'n arena
He's returning to NYC and his previous gig at the NHL

Some sources say he wants to be back in NY
Some sources say it's because he disagreed with Murray on the Miller/Ott trade
Some sources say it's because Murray wants Nolan gone


take your pick

This is crazy

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... L|BUF|home

_________________
Hold my beer and watch this...


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:34 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Did I ingest LSD? What the fuck is happening in this organization?

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:13 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
Weird, well Murray will run us straight though.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:13 pm 
Offline
Hart Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Buffalo, NY
Apparently, LaFontaine wanted to resign Miller, Murray didn't.

Seems trivial.

_________________
"Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone!" ~ Michael Poulsen, Volbeat, Still Standing.


Top
 Profile  
 
lamaisonbleu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 pm 
Offline
Late-Round Gem
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 pm
Posts: 94
Who hired Murrey? If it was Lafontaine he's dumber than I thought. If Pegula hired him then this turmoil is understandable. Can't believe Lafontaine would hire someone who was not on his wavelength. I think this hire came from on high. A columist has claimed Murrey and his brother are close to Muckler and Nolan's days may be numbered. I agree that it feels like I was also slipped some LSD.


Top
 Profile  
 
Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
Sober enough to run a server
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 7475
Location: 2,568 miles from the F'n arena
Nolan after Today's practice
http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter ... 29&lang=en

This is definitely NOT just Pat wanting to go back to NYC. There was conflict.

_________________
Hold my beer and watch this...


Top
 Profile  
 
SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:04 pm 
Offline
MegaDouche
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 am
Posts: 2752
Location: Fairfax, VA
Nolan was visibly upset about Patty being gone and he totally was put off about the contract extension.

Nolan want out too?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:26 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
I doubt we will ever find out why Patty left.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:05 pm 
Offline
Sober enough to run a server
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 7475
Location: 2,568 miles from the F'n arena
Press conference right now with Ted Black and Tim Murray.

Apparently LaFontaine wasn't in the loop on the Miller/Ott deal at all because he had stated his intentions several days before it went down.

Murray reiterated he's having contract negotiations with Nolan and that's who he wants going forward.

_________________
Hold my beer and watch this...


Top
 Profile  
 
Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:08 pm 
Offline
Sober enough to run a server
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 7475
Location: 2,568 miles from the F'n arena
Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:41 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
lamaisonbleu wrote:
Who hired Murrey? If it was Lafontaine he's dumber than I thought. If Pegula hired him then this turmoil is understandable. Can't believe Lafontaine would hire someone who was not on his wavelength. I think this hire came from on high. A columist has claimed Murrey and his brother are close to Muckler and Nolan's days may be numbered. I agree that it feels like I was also slipped some LSD.


According to MurrAy, LaFontaine's the one who hired him.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 pm 
Offline
Franchise Defenseman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 2876
Location: Portland, Oregano
Jesus


Top
 Profile  
 
sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 am
Posts: 1877
Location: Graz, Austria
What a mess. It just seems to be getting worse. I don't get what Ted Black's job. Is he just Pegula's spokes person? He seems out of the loop.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
HipKat
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:25 pm 
Offline
Garbage Man
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:50 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Peoria, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
BlueandYellow wrote:
Did I ingest LSD? What the fuck is happening in this organization?


Exactly what I was thinking. Been a LONG time since I tripped but this is kind've what it felt like

_________________
Sabres Fan since Day One!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
sabretoothpick wrote:
What a mess. It just seems to be getting worse. I don't get what Ted Black's job. Is he just Pegula's spokes person? He seems out of the loop.


Seems like he's just an extremely well paid mouthpiece.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:15 pm 
Offline
Sober enough to run a server
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 7475
Location: 2,568 miles from the F'n arena
sabretoothpick wrote:
What a mess. It just seems to be getting worse. I don't get what Ted Black's job. Is he just Pegula's spokes person? He seems out of the loop.

From what I gather, he runs all aspects of the organization that aren't hockey.
The Arena, ticket sales, special events...stuff like that.

_________________
Hold my beer and watch this...


Top
 Profile  
 
sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 am
Posts: 1877
Location: Graz, Austria
Crosscheck wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
What a mess. It just seems to be getting worse. I don't get what Ted Black's job. Is he just Pegula's spokes person? He seems out of the loop.

From what I gather, he runs all aspects of the organization that aren't hockey.
The Arena, ticket sales, special events...stuff like that.


If that's his job, it's weird that he's answering the questions when there are changes in the hockey department.
On the other hand, his side of the organization seems to run well. Unfortunately the hockey department is struggling without decent management. If Murry made the trade without consulting Lafontaine he might just be the next wrong guy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
sabretoothpick wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
What a mess. It just seems to be getting worse. I don't get what Ted Black's job. Is he just Pegula's spokes person? He seems out of the loop.

From what I gather, he runs all aspects of the organization that aren't hockey.
The Arena, ticket sales, special events...stuff like that.


If that's his job, it's weird that he's answering the questions when there are changes in the hockey department.
On the other hand, his side of the organization seems to run well. Unfortunately the hockey department is struggling without decent management. If Murry made the trade without consulting Lafontaine he might just be the next wrong guy.


His title is President/Alternate Governor, suggesting that he's basically the owner's mouthpiece.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
HipKat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm 
Offline
Garbage Man
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:50 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Peoria, IL (Buffalo Transplant)
I agree. If he's in charge of all things not Hockey, then stfu about hockey things. As f or the trade, All I heard was that Murray and LaFontaine were on the same page about the trade. I don't think it had anything to do with trades. I think it was something right from the top that chased Patty back to the NHL job

_________________
Sabres Fan since Day One!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
HipKat wrote:
I agree. If he's in charge of all things not Hockey, then stfu about hockey things. As f or the trade, All I heard was that Murray and LaFontaine were on the same page about the trade. I don't think it had anything to do with trades. I think it was something right from the top that chased Patty back to the NHL job


From what Tim Murray said, LaFontaine was not even made aware of the trade.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron