It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 am 
Cup Winner

So we all know how many players got traded from Buffalo and what we got back, but have you really sat down and thought of it? Found this on reddit, it is a simple picture of what the Sabres have done since March of 2013.

Traded away 8 players, 6 with expiring contracts, 3 prospects, and 2 draft picks, in return we got 4 NHL players, 5 prospects and 12 draft picks.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 am 
resident car guy

I saw this yesterday. Pretty neat infographic. I feel pretty good about the future with the prospects and draft picks, I just want McDavid.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:45 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

It was not a coincidence this was released right around the same time as season ticket increases :)

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 pm 
Cup Winner

Crosscheck wrote:
It was not a coincidence this was released right around the same time as season ticket increases :)

Yea that is funny.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:17 am 
PP Quarterback

"We're increasing ST prices, but here's how good we really can be to make this worth it."

@TJLuckman550

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:10 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I am looking forward to next season. It's going to be a better one :)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:31 pm 
Captain Clutch

I am just amazed how people can get so excited about things like draft picks. The future doesn't look bright, matter of fact you have no idea what the future will look like. The Sabres have an unproven GM that very well may make great picks and moves but may make horrible decisions that doom this rebuild.

As for McDavid, there will be many teams positioning themselves to have a shot at him. Mark my words, the Sabres WILL NOT get McDavid.

Yhoshi, give it up. Next season probably won't be as bad as this season but it will still be bad.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm 
Hart Winner

Which teams are good because of players they got outside of the draft? Not many. Rangers: Home grown talent like Stepan, Hagelin, Lundqvuist, Staal, those guys make NY good. Even the signings and the prospect trades like Zuccarello and McDonagh help a bunch. Look at Montreal. Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk... Then Chicago for a lot better examples (lol). Bottom line, the draft is important. You win at the draft and getting FA's and other pieces is pretty easy.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Captain Clutch

I understand that basically the only way to have a sustainable team is build through the draft.... I get that. I just cannot get excited over having a billion draft picks when majority of those will never be seen in a Sabres sweater. I'll get excited if this team begins to get some sort of identity in 4 or 5 years. Yes, I do believe that we won't be worth a crap for probably 4 season, at the minimum. That's only if Murray doesn't completely shit the bed. In my opinion, the jury will be out on him for a long time. I am still astonished that the Sabres gave him the job. It's like giving a guy who has a pleasure craft license the helm of the Titanic as 3/4 of the ship is already under water.

I am keeping an open mind, but a very cautious open mind.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
I understand that basically the only way to have a sustainable team is build through the draft.... I get that. I just cannot get excited over having a billion draft picks when majority of those will never be seen in a Sabres sweater. I'll get excited if this team begins to get some sort of identity in 4 or 5 years. Yes, I do believe that we won't be worth a crap for probably 4 season, at the minimum. That's only if Murray doesn't completely shit the bed. In my opinion, the jury will be out on him for a long time. I am still astonished that the Sabres gave him the job. It's like giving a guy who has a pleasure craft license the helm of the Titanic as 3/4 of the ship is already under water.

I am keeping an open mind, but a very cautious open mind.

What? The guy's name has been out there as the top GM candidate for quite some time.

@TJLuckman550