It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 am
Posts: 1877
Location: Graz, Austria
I just read an interview with Ehrhoff on a german news-website.

Short summary:
When he signed they were all about building a contender, but it all went in the opposite direction afterwards and it's frustrating. He isn't demanding a trade but his ultimate goal is to win a stanley cup. Right now the chances to win a cup in Buffalo are slim.
He said that he hoped to be traded on this year's deadline but didn't expect it. About if he wants to be part of the rebuild, he said:" It's not up to him, it's a question for the management. I'll talk to the management and trainers in the summer about their plans and whether I'm part of it or not."

Nothing surprising, he hoped for a trade and will probably be happy if Buffalo trades him in the summer. He isn't happy with his situation but I think he'll still play well if he has to stay.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 am
Posts: 1877
Location: Graz, Austria
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.


He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:23 am 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.


He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.


Right, but there's that whole cap-recapture clause that would end up fucking us if we did trade him. He's unfortunately bound here for the life of the deal unless he gets bought out in the offseason along with Leino.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.


He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.


Right, but there's that whole cap-recapture clause that would end up fucking us if we did trade him. He's unfortunately bound here for the life of the deal unless he gets bought out in the offseason along with Leino.

Which clause is that?

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 1998
Location: Buffalo
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.


He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.


Right, but there's that whole cap-recapture clause that would end up fucking us if we did trade him. He's unfortunately bound here for the life of the deal unless he gets bought out in the offseason along with Leino.

Which clause is that?


Toward the bottom of the page

Quote:
Teams receiving a “cap advantage” from long-term contracts — defined as seven years or more for contracts signed prior to the January 2013 CBA — will be penalized in the event the player retires or “defects” from the NHL before the contract expires. A team receives a “cap advantage” when the player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year.
Following retirement/defection, the “advantage” will be “recaptured” and charged against the club’s cap in equal amounts each year until the contract expires. This penalty applies to any team that received a cap advantage from the contract — ie. a traded contract — except in the event that the trade occurred prior to the new CBA coming into place in January 2013.

[ Edit: June 2, 2013 ] Teams do not receive a credit for net negative cap benefit (where cap hit exceeds salary over the course of the contract prior to retirement). However, in calculating net “cap advantage,” teams do receive a credit for seasons in which cap hit exceeds salary.

Please note, contracts that fall under the "over-35" rule do not qualify for cap benefit recapture, the NHL has confirmed. In these cases, the team is charged with the player's full cap hit.

Also note, the 2013 CBA defines "Long-Term Contracts" in Section 50.5 (c) (ii) (A) (P. 265) as any contract entered into prior to the execution date of the agreement that has a term in excess of six years, meaning all contracts signed after the lockout are not subject to recapture penalties.

_________________
Girgensons for captain. Team Keep Nick DesLauriers forever.

@TJLuckman550


Top
 Profile  
 
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline
Cup Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 13019
Location: North Carolina
That was something I did not know.

That's interesting though.

_________________
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
No need for violence, just tell her she's got a game misconduct and show her the door.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.


Top
 Profile  
 
OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 pm 
Offline
PP Quarterback

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 1661
Sorry, did I miss something? Has Ehrhoff played well enough to make me care that he's on a bad team? While no expert, he seems pretty checked out and has for a while. I'm willing to be wrong here.

_________________
If your having goal problems, I feel bad for ya son....we got 99 problems but Vanek ain't one!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron