It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 am 
PP Quarterback

I just read an interview with Ehrhoff on a german news-website.

Short summary:
When he signed they were all about building a contender, but it all went in the opposite direction afterwards and it's frustrating. He isn't demanding a trade but his ultimate goal is to win a stanley cup. Right now the chances to win a cup in Buffalo are slim.
He said that he hoped to be traded on this year's deadline but didn't expect it. About if he wants to be part of the rebuild, he said:" It's not up to him, it's a question for the management. I'll talk to the management and trainers in the summer about their plans and whether I'm part of it or not."

Nothing surprising, he hoped for a trade and will probably be happy if Buffalo trades him in the summer. He isn't happy with his situation but I think he'll still play well if he has to stay.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 am 
PP Quarterback

Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.

@TJLuckman550

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this should be a cause to look down on Ehrhoff for. You have to feel a little bad for the guy. He signed here expecting to compete, and he's been involved with nothing but bullshit while playing relatively well.

He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:23 am 
PP Quarterback

sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

He's 32 and hasn't won a cup yet. Considering the Sabres current situation it's unlikely he'll win one here. He might net a nice return at the draft if he gets traded.

Right, but there's that whole cap-recapture clause that would end up fucking us if we did trade him. He's unfortunately bound here for the life of the deal unless he gets bought out in the offseason along with Leino.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm 
Cup Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Right, but there's that whole cap-recapture clause that would end up fucking us if we did trade him. He's unfortunately bound here for the life of the deal unless he gets bought out in the offseason along with Leino.

Which clause is that?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabretoothpick wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Which clause is that?

Toward the bottom of the page

Quote:
Teams receiving a “cap advantage” from long-term contracts — defined as seven years or more for contracts signed prior to the January 2013 CBA — will be penalized in the event the player retires or “defects” from the NHL before the contract expires. A team receives a “cap advantage” when the player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year.
Following retirement/defection, the “advantage” will be “recaptured” and charged against the club’s cap in equal amounts each year until the contract expires. This penalty applies to any team that received a cap advantage from the contract — ie. a traded contract — except in the event that the trade occurred prior to the new CBA coming into place in January 2013.

[ Edit: June 2, 2013 ] Teams do not receive a credit for net negative cap benefit (where cap hit exceeds salary over the course of the contract prior to retirement). However, in calculating net “cap advantage,” teams do receive a credit for seasons in which cap hit exceeds salary.

Please note, contracts that fall under the "over-35" rule do not qualify for cap benefit recapture, the NHL has confirmed. In these cases, the team is charged with the player's full cap hit.

Also note, the 2013 CBA defines "Long-Term Contracts" in Section 50.5 (c) (ii) (A) (P. 265) as any contract entered into prior to the execution date of the agreement that has a term in excess of six years, meaning all contracts signed after the lockout are not subject to recapture penalties.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 pm 
Cup Winner

That was something I did not know.

That's interesting though.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 pm 
PP Quarterback

Sorry, did I miss something? Has Ehrhoff played well enough to make me care that he's on a bad team? While no expert, he seems pretty checked out and has for a while. I'm willing to be wrong here.