It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I have noticed that the traffic on these message boards has not been so great the last 1-2 seasons, but I hope fans come back discussing hockey here this fall. more wins - more active fans - more fun on sabresjunkie?

:D

HipKat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm 
Garbage Man

I was just thinking, this board is dead man. WTF happened?

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 am 
Franchise Defenseman

HipKat wrote:
I was just thinking, this board is dead man. WTF happened?

happens when very active users stop writing and nobody of the readers start to fill the spot. no new users, cause they don't want to join a board with little traffic - so here we are :)

but if the Sabres do well, this site can restart as well , don't you think?

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 am 
resident car guy

I'm pumped. I know this team isn't going to win much, but it'll be nice to see some of the younger guys progress and see how the new faces play.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

I think the team will be bad but Nolan will make them compete to a level that's at least watchable.
It's late August, I'll take any hockey I can get.

and yeah, the boards have been slow...maybe it'll pick up, maybe not. It's a function of the team sucking so bad last year and the off-season being so long.
People jumped the bandwagon so guess what that makes us? :p

If the site stays this slow after the season starts I may consider just shuttering it...this is the only thing I have on my server that people besides me care about :)

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Don't you dare....

j/k. I think sites like reddit are drawing a lot of the folk that used to come to a site like SJ for their hockey and Sabres related news.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 am 
resident car guy

Don't do it, Cross! I check it every day still!

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 am 
PP Quarterback

NYIntensity wrote:
Don't you dare....

j/k. I think sites like reddit are drawing a lot of the folk that used to come to a site like SJ for their hockey and Sabres related news.

Yeah. If you haven't noticed, I'm pretty much exclusively there and Twitter now.

@TJLuckman550

Donuts36
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 pm 
Rink Rat

I'm pumped. Fresh start! Going to the preseason game on the 26th

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:08 am 
Franchise Defenseman

even the last weeks the site was off it stayed my startinghomepage.
this site is fast, not spoiled with annoying ads and the best place to follow the season of the only fucking NHL team I care about.

If people, who still check sabresjunkie.com, start getting active (posting stuff) , there is no doubt that this site will last to our first Stanleycupwin in 2015.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 pm 

I love your optimism Yoshi! :dance:

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 am 
resident car guy

Anybody get a chance to see the preseason game last night?

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:24 pm 

Ryan911T wrote:
Anybody get a chance to see the preseason game last night?

I listened to it last night but I saw the video highlights the sabres posted this morning. Enroth was in excellent form and Stafford, Ennis, Moulson were really clicking.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:10 am 
PP Quarterback

Sure am! I'm looking forward to continuing to expose my child to the pain and suffering known as Buffalo sports. He has had a good introduction to the Buffalo Bills already. :)

Edit: Ha, I didn't remember what my avatar was. The Bills still continue to troll us every season!

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 pm 
Captain Clutch

Wow this site is still up..... That's good. Anyway, Why in the hell would I look forward to this season. It's going to be really bad again, especially with Neuvirth on the roster. The guy was horrible in DC and showed the same game tonight. He doesn't deserve a back up role in the AHL let alone in the NHL.

Yosh, your optimism is great but a bit nauseating at the same time. There is absolutely no way will the Sabres be anywhere near the playoff's in 2015 let alone the Stanley Cup. IF everything goes as planned, which they won't, they MAY be in the playoffs come 2017.....MAYBE. Sorry for being Debbie Downer but I have little faith in a rookie GM making this team into a Stanley Cup contender.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:48 am 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
Wow this site is still up..... That's good. Anyway, Why in the hell would I look forward to this season. It's going to be really bad again, especially with Neuvirth on the roster. The guy was horrible in DC and showed the same game tonight. He doesn't deserve a back up role in the AHL let alone in the NHL.

Yosh, your optimism is great but a bit nauseating at the same time. There is absolutely no way will the Sabres be anywhere near the playoff's in 2015 let alone the Stanley Cup. IF everything goes as planned, which they won't, they MAY be in the playoffs come 2017.....MAYBE. Sorry for being Debbie Downer but I have little faith in a rookie GM making this team into a Stanley Cup contender.

Peter Chiarelli

Dale Tallon

Ken Holland

Ray Shero

Every single one of these guys was a "rookie GM" who took their first team they managed to a Stanley Cup Championship. Do some research before you mindlessly complain about a "rookie GM."

@TJLuckman550

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:09 am 

I'm pretty confident with Tim Murray at the helm...his plan is obvious and his moves so far have been decisive in line with that plan.
Remember, it was the "veteran GM" who burned a year of Grigorenko's ELC for no damned reason, not to mention broken fax machines and July 1, 2007.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 am 
Captain Clutch

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Peter Chiarelli

Dale Tallon

Ken Holland

Ray Shero

Every single one of these guys was a "rookie GM" who took their first team they managed to a Stanley Cup Championship. Do some research before you mindlessly complain about a "rookie GM."

Four, four in the history of the NHL. Wow, yeah..... Might as well start planning the fucking parade now!!!!! How many rookie GM's didn't win a Stanley Cup with their first team????? Why don't you do a little research on that genius. Hell, I'll be a nice guy and give you one right now.... DARCY REGIER! Now you just have to come up with three..... GO!

Also, you can take Ken Holland out of the equation. He inherited a stacked team that won the Stanley Cup the year before he took the helm. Murray doesn't have an elite anything right now. He has a huge up hill battle with the odds stacked against him. You can put all your faith in him, I'll maintain my reservations.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:40 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
sabresindc wrote:

Peter Chiarelli

Dale Tallon

Ken Holland

Ray Shero

Four, four in the history of the NHL. Wow, yeah..... Might as well start planning the fucking parade now!!!!! How many rookie GM's didn't win a Stanley Cup with their first team????? Why don't you do a little research on that genius. Hell, I'll be a nice guy and give you one right now.... DARCY REGIER! Now you just have to come up with three..... GO!

Also, you can take Ken Holland out of the equation. He inherited a stacked team that won the Stanley Cup the year before he took the helm. Murray doesn't have an elite anything right now. He has a huge up hill battle with the odds stacked against him. You can put all your faith in him, I'll maintain my reservations.

Those were four I named off the top of my head. I'm sure if I did a little research, I'd find more, but those are all Stanley Cup winners in the past 10 years who won with first time GMs.

@TJLuckman550

gebhardsdairy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 pm 
Rink Rat

If the work ethics stay the same, I'd say we have a legitimate shot at getting back into a chase for a playoff spot...