It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

ksquier89
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:05 pm 
PP Quarterback

The shit storm is over. Babcock comes into a team with a plethora of young talent already available, more on the way, and Babcock can lure in whatever free agent he wants. Think about it...best talent on our roster is locked up for 2-4 years and are also all under 26. I am so fucking happy I am whistling Dixie out of my ass. Let's get this party started again!!!

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 am 
resident car guy

I'm waiting until they report that he actually made the decision but HOLY CRAP! If we actually land him as the coach it's just unbelievable.

I remember telling my buddy early last season that there was absolutely no way Detroit lets him leave and even if they did, he wasn't going to come here. I was wrong on both accounts.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:07 am 
resident car guy

Welp. So much for that. I hate Toronto and this will only add fuel to the rivalry.

lamaisonbleu
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:43 pm 
Late-Round Gem

What's so great about Babcock? He had excellent scouts and management. Other teams are passing an ageing Detroit. There is no patience in Toronto no matter what they say. He will get one year of grace if even that. I was sorry to see Nolan canned. The team played hard for him and I did not see any 'tanking'. He sat out passengers and the team figured out they had to earn ice time. Apparently he has a hard time getting along with managers. He was disloyal to Muckler and that seems to be why no one else would hire him. I don't know what happened with Murray but I guess they didn't get along either. He has done well with the Sabres and the Latvian team. Let me know if anyone has a reference on his relationship with Murray. The Sabres will most likely get Eichel, but with the jerks at Edmonton involved don't be surprised if something else happens.

lamaisonbleu
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:28 pm 
Late-Round Gem

NHL channel on Sirius claims Nolan was offered the coaching job for the Bolts by Esposito and he turned it down??? So I guess the blackball rumor is false.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:48 pm 
PP Quarterback

I like the disco Dan signing. Hiring an American coach and getting a generational American player to kick the crap out of a team I already despise with a coach that spurned us is going to be so fantastic. Rebuilding Toronto with what they already have? That is a dumpster fire that just caught flame.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 am 
resident car guy

I'm pumped. I'm not expecting playoffs this season but they're going to be way more fun to watch. I'm interested to see who they hire in Rochester.