It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

If Hank and Loods go...could we please have Campbell back? I think a Soupy Rivet, or a Soupy Myers combo would be...interesting

Squanto 7/27/2010

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

jvaccaro6 wrote:
If Hank and Loods go...could we please have Campbell back? I think a Soupy Rivet, or a Soupy Myers combo would be...interesting

$7.140M cap hit for the next four years? Good god, no thank you.

Ya know, I've been thinking about it - I miss having Campbell more than Briere or Drury.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Yeah, I mean...we've got the cap space to pull the trigger on something like that to be honest. We dont have any "key" players coming up with huge contracts being demanded at this point. When Myers is due for a raise, Rivet, and Montador run out. Hecht too I think. Not to mention we will probably be rid of Connolly's shit contract, and Stafford as well.

It's manageable. Not practical but manageable.

Squanto 7/27/2010

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 am 
Superstar Goalie

mechaphil wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

Ya know, I've been thinking about it - I miss having Campbell more than Briere or Drury.

Watching Briere in the playoffs, I disagree with you.

Maestro
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 am 
Career AHL'er

jvaccaro6 wrote:

Um, no. Campbell is over paid and was way over rated here. I think the Hawks are really regretting ever signing him.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 pm 
Penalty Killer

mechaphil wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

$7M for a guy that has been 4th on his team's blueline this season?

No thanks.

I'd rather spend money like that on a guy that can be the Sabres best forward.

Maestro
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm 
Career AHL'er

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Really? Is that Avg TOI?

I watch a lot of Chicago games, or did, when I was home and have Center Ice...hardly ever saw Versteeg out there; but when he was out there I did notice him quite a bit.

Either way; I dont feel like Sharp will be available; not with 19 pts in 20 gms. Then again; I could be wrong, but something tells me he's staying put. I wouldnt be surprised to see Bolland get moved though

I think both Sharp and Versteeg may be available. The Hawks are in cap hell. When they re-signed Kane, Keith and some others, there were rumblings about Sharp being available and i believe Darren Dreger mentioned Sharp to Toronto. I forget what kind of package it would be but it was early last year but if the Hawks floated his name before, i'd be shocked if they didn't again, because they need to clear cap space.

Kevin Allen of USA Today recently said the Hawks may have to trade Versteeg and Sopel, among others to just re-sign the guys they want and next summer they are in a bigger hole with Buff and Seabrook being free agents. Jim Mathesan suggests a 2nd round pick would land Versteeg. Obviously, it's the first pick of the 2nd round, but for a 24-year old with Cup experience?

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 am 
Penalty Killer

Here is likely to be the off-season approach the Blackhawks take in solving their cap issues:

1) Deal Huet. If they can't, then Bowman will beg ownership to allow him to send him to the AHL to free up the cap space.

2) Try and deal Campbell to one of the 8 teams that he will accept a trade to.

3) Deal Sopel for a pick or prospect

4) Deal Versteeg for a pick or prospect

5) Byfuglien, Bolland, and Sharp are going to be the last resort guys to move if they can't clear enough space with options 1 through 4.

Tvan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am 
7th Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

Well, if Chicago buys out Campbell (which I think they will. They won't find a team that will take on his cap hit...lets face it, he isn't worth that type of money) maybe we can scoop him then for a more reasonable price.

I would love to get Patrick Sharp. I keep thinking maybe we can trade Stafford or Sekera to them, two players who I think need a change of scenery. I know it will take more than that, but I can dream right?

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 am 
Penalty Killer

Tvan wrote:
Well, if Chicago buys out Campbell (which I think they will. They won't find a team that will take on his cap hit...lets face it, he isn't worth that type of money) maybe we can scoop him then for a more reasonable price.

I would love to get Patrick Sharp. I keep thinking maybe we can trade Stafford or Sekera to them, two players who I think need a change of scenery. I know it will take more than that, but I can dream right?

The Blackhawks would have to pay around $28.5M to buy out Campbell and he would still count $2.38M per year against the cap until 2022.

I would be surprised if the Blackhawks did that.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 pm 
Garbage Man

Jim Bob wrote:
Here is likely to be the off-season approach the Blackhawks take in solving their cap issues:

1) Deal Huet. If they can't, then Bowman will beg ownership to allow him to send him to the AHL to free up the cap space.

2) Try and deal Campbell to one of the 8 teams that he will accept a trade to.

3) Deal Sopel for a pick or prospect

4) Deal Versteeg for a pick or prospect

5) Byfuglien, Bolland, and Sharp are going to be the last resort guys to move if they can't clear enough space with options 1 through 4.

This is exactly what will happen. I heard Burkie might take Huet if he geta a pick and one of Skill, Beach, and Bickell in return.

Eh

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 am 
Penalty Killer

sabresEH wrote:
This is exactly what will happen. I heard Burkie might take Huet if he geta a pick and one of Skill, Beach, and Bickell in return.

Brian Burke?

Unless they plan on sticking Huet with the Marlies (or Huet goes to Europe) and eating the salary, I can't see how that happens.

sabresEH
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 pm 
Garbage Man

Jim Bob wrote:
sabresEH wrote:

Brian Burke?

Unless they plan on sticking Huet with the Marlies (or Huet goes to Europe) and eating the salary, I can't see how that happens.

Yeah I dunno how he would make it work. But I was watching TSN the other day and heard that. I'd think Beach is the guy Burke would want if he had to eat that salary.

Eh

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 pm 
Garbage Man

Washington announced Joe Corvo is available....if both Hank and Toni cannot be resigned, I wouldn't mind throwing some coin Corvo's way

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 am 
Penalty Killer

HelloMyKneeGrows wrote:
Washington announced Joe Corvo is available....if both Hank and Toni cannot be resigned, I wouldn't mind throwing some coin Corvo's way

Corvo is a one trick pony and I wouldn't throw that much at him.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?879

Quote:
ASSETS: Has excellent scoring acumen from the back end and can run an effective power play due to a big shot and offensive instincts.
FLAWS: Plays a very risky game, which often leads to a slew of turnovers. Must tighten up his defensive-zone coverage. Isn't very physical.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Power play quarterback.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:05 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea, Corvo isn't worth anything more than $2M, IMO

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 am 
MegaDouche

Connolly and Stafford to NYR for Callahan? OK im just bored, leave me alone :P

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 pm 
Power Forward

Patrick Sharp isn't coming to Buffalo folks even though most of us would love to see him in a sabres uniform.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:39 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

He's not going anywhere. The Blackhawks were shopping Byfuglien, then Versteeg, then Sharp in that order.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:07 pm 
Star Sniper

Actually, put Ladd, Huet, and Campbell in front of Sharp as well.