It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:56 am 
Garbage Man

mechaphil wrote:
Someone here thinks we can get a center out of Vancouver for one of our defenseman, which is pure fucking stupidity.

Congratulations, you earned a visit with the neighborhood neurologist. Brain therapy is always good.

We have defensemen galore the Canucks could use.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabretooth wrote:
Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
I don't see why Florida would trade Weiss, they only have Booth and Olesz under contract next year. That's right, only three good forwards under contract for next season. They have a ton of UFA/RFAs and about 7-8 mil in cap room.

Bolland, OTOH, might be available since Chicago has a few RFAs they would like to keep, like Brouwer, Stalberg, Frolik, Seabrook and Crawford (and zero cap room).

Bolland would be a great 3rd line center. His cap number is a little high but he's under contract until the summer of 2014.

Bolland is my second choice for center to consider if we are unable to get Weiss. He can still be a second line center, which I hope that is what he is predicted to be.

Florida is going to need veteran presence and improve defensively. Maybe trade Hecht, Butler/Sekera/Weber, a Sabres prospect and pick for Weiss, a Panthers prospect, and a pick?

Please take Weber out of that equation... Have you not watched any Sabres games recently? Weber is coming on strong... And there is no way I want to lose that nastiness on the Blue line... I could almost say the same about Sekera... i like what he has shown recently...

i understand you need to give a little to get a little, but Weber should not be in that discussion based on his recent performance ...

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 am 
Garbage Man

gr8daygo wrote:
Please take Weber out of that equation... Have you not watched any Sabres games recently? Weber is coming on strong... And there is no way I want to lose that nastiness on the Blue line... I could almost say the same about Sekera... i like what he has shown recently...

i understand you need to give a little to get a little, but Weber should not be in that discussion based on his recent performance ...

Butler is the only defenseman left hanging. I think he is a good defenseman, but the Sabres may have better defensemen than him. He can quickly find himself into a first or second pairing with the Panthers.

Therefore, Hecht, Butler, Portland player amd low draft pick for Weiss and mid -evel pick.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:38 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Sabretooth wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:

Butler is the only defenseman left hanging. I think he is a good defenseman, but the Sabres may have better defensemen than him. He can quickly find himself into a first or second pairing with the Panthers.

Therefore, Hecht, Butler, Portland player amd low draft pick for Weiss and mid -evel pick.

Who do you replace Hecht with?
What do you do with Timmy?

and is Weiss that good to garner 1 NHL starter, 1 NHL almost starter, 1 Prospect and a pick?
And he is currently signed at $3.1 per through 2013/14 with a NMC...

Im not good at talent evaluation or putting a "price" on a players...

E X C E L L E N C E

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:45 am 
Garbage Man

gr8daygo wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:

Who do you replace Hecht with?
What do you do with Timmy?

and is Weiss that good to garner 1 NHL starter, 1 NHL almost starter, 1 Prospect and a pick?
And he is currently signed at $3.1 per through 2013/14 with a NMC...

Im not good at talent evaluation or putting a "price" on a players...

Weiss would quickly waive that no movement clause to play for a bona fide contender.

We will replace Hecht with someone in Portland or through a Connolly/Rivet trade. I like to keep him, but he is getting older. If you want to switch him with Connolly in the trade, you can, but the Panthers would want someone long term in return.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:10 am 
Hart Winner

I'm sorry these trade ideas in every single thread are just fucking retarded. Not only are they in EVERY thread, but they're retarded trades that even GMs in NHL 11 would say fuck no to.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:16 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

BlueandYellow wrote:
I'm sorry these trade ideas in every single thread are just fucking retarded. Not only are they in EVERY thread, but they're retarded trades that even GMs in NHL 11 would say fuck no to.

Best to just ignore them. You'll drive yourself crazy otherwise.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 am 
Superstar Goalie

Squanto wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

Best to just ignore them. You'll drive yourself crazy otherwise.

:clap: The trade ideas are peppered out like buck shot and then at the deadline anything that came remotely close is held up as prophecy. :lol:

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 am 
Garbage Man

We all are driving ourselves crazy with the trade deadline looming in 2 weeks and the new ownership effective in 1 week. It is a fun time to think who is coming and going.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:

why get all hot and bothered man... its a trade deadline thread... ill be the first to tell you i don't have a fucking clue what player valuation is... but its fun to toss names around and banter about a bit... i have a clue who i might want to see moved... but again not a clue what they are worth... so why do you have to get so upset about it... its all in fun...

E X C E L L E N C E

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:46 am 
Hart Winner

Except for when someone tries to say "this trade wont happen", Sabretooth says get your brain examined.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

We really should have two threads around the trade deadline.

One for trade ideas that wouldn't even work on Xbox, and another for legitimate news about possible player movement from reputable sources.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BlueandYellow wrote:
Except for when someone tries to say "this trade wont happen", Sabretooth says get your brain examined.

well ok, yes that maybe going to a bit of an extreme... especially when its tossed toward phil... who's opinion ill take over a bunch of other cats (no offense to others)... phil just seems plugged in and knows his shit...

E X C E L L E N C E

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Squanto wrote:
We really should have two threads around the trade deadline.

One for trade ideas that wouldn't even work on Xbox, and another for legitimate news about possible player movement from reputable sources.

I can see the merit of that... you can change the title on this thread to read "XBOX Sabres Trade Deadline: Enter at risk of your own sanity" .... And then start another one, where a link or twitter or some legit source is required... and no my room mates uncle bob who works on the zamboni (spelling) for the sabres doesn't count...

E X C E L L E N C E

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:57 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

He has a valid point though.

Someone posts a trade idea like "We could trade Rivet and a pick for Pronger" or something silly like that. Someone else comments why it's almost impossible for that to happen, and they get jumped on for it.

Sabretooth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:57 am 
Garbage Man

Squanto, what should we consider reputable sources? I would expect those that recognize the Sabres in existence.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:00 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabretooth wrote:
Squanto, what should we consider reputable sources? I would expect those that recognize the Sabres in existence.

Journalists and reporters that cover the team and the sport are really the only reputable sources to me. It's too easy for some random guy to put a post on his blog or his twitter account, and for that to end up spread around the net within hours, even though there's no truth to it. It happens time and time again.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Squanto wrote:
Sabretooth wrote:

Journalists and reporters that cover the team and the sport are really the only reputable sources to me. It's too easy for some random guy to put a post on his blog or his twitter account, and for that to end up spread around the net within hours, even though there's no truth to it. It happens time and time again.

but what about reputable sources that twitter? lol....

E X C E L L E N C E

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Nothing wrong with that. Bob McKenzie , Darren Dreger, plenty of other legit sources use Twitter .

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Squanto wrote:
He has a valid point though.

Someone posts a trade idea like "We could trade Rivet and a pick for Pronger" or something silly like that. Someone else comments why it's almost impossible for that to happen, and they get jumped on for it.

this is true to, there needs to be a little more understanding if someone blasts your idea... In my case i may throw something dumb out there... Timmy and Pommers for an injured Malkin... but I simply don't know the game well enough to know better... and Ill take criticism in stride because its part of learning... but try not to tear me to shreds...lol.... and yes i know enough to realize the Rivet and a pick won't get you Pronger... you'd have to throw in Drew Schiestel to make it fair... :lol:

E X C E L L E N C E

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next